TPF app is back, updated & new!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm using the droid app and I'll feel stupid if I'm somehow only just now noticing this, but the categories are doubled?

It goes Premier Designers, Contemporary Designers, Bags, Bags Bags, Shopping Resources, Accesorize Yourself, Shoes, Shoes, Shoes, Beauty & Makeup, Celebrity Forums, Body - Mind - Wellness, The Playground, the list starts over, and then tPF Resource is on the list once, on the bottom.

I don't have the patience/memory to compare too many categories once they're selected, but, for instance, if I select the very first Body - Mind - Wellness on the category list, there is no Relationships & Family subforum. If I select Body - Mind - Wellness the second time it appears on the category list, the R&F subforum is there.

I also can't view photos 70% of the time, they just won't load, and the app crashes quite frequently for me, usually on a page that's photo-heavy.

I've been unable to post photos from my iPhone. Doing what I always do. I select the photo. It asks what size , says uploading for a few seconds then says it is not a valid image file.

Posted this over in the "Support Thread" but haven't gotten an answer, so I thought I would post it here.

I have unsubscribed from like 200 threads, yet they are still showing up on my phone under "participated." Is there a way to get them to go away? I sometimes make one comment in a thread but don't want to see that thread pop up on my phone.

Posted this over in the "Support Thread" but haven't gotten an answer, so I thought I would post it here.

I have unsubscribed from like 200 threads, yet they are still showing up on my phone under "participated." Is there a way to get them to go away? I sometimes make one comment in a thread but don't want to see that thread pop up on my phone.

You can also just select the Forum icon in the bottom navigation bar and go to the forum you are interested in, and bypass those tabs altogether. If you have commented in a thread, is will show under that tab.

Or you can go to Unread, but I find it easier to use that Forum icon and just go to the subforum I want to view. Fair warning: the read/unread bubble seems to be inconsistent, though, it will show no new messages when there are new messages in one of the subforums child forums, etc.

I don't want to go to each sepearate area of TPF to look at. I like just having all of the threads I want to read in once section. I figured unsubscribing here would make those go away on my phone, but it didn't. Could we get something added to the app where we could click to hide that specific thread so it won't show up anymore?

You can also just select the Forum icon in the bottom navigation bar and go to the forum you are interested in, and bypass those tabs altogether. If you have commented in a thread, is will show under that tab.

Or you can go to Unread, but I find it easier to use that Forum icon and just go to the subforum I want to view. Fair warning: the read/unread bubble seems to be inconsistent, though, it will show no new messages when there are new messages in one of the subforums child forums, etc.

I don't want to go to each sepearate area of TPF to look at. I like just having all of the threads I want to read in once section. I figured unsubscribing here would make those go away on my phone, but it didn't. Could we get something added to the app where we could click to hide that specific thread so it won't show up anymore?

If you subscribe to the threads that you want to read they will show up under the Favorites tab. Then if you click on the "more" at the bottom of the screen, then choose "edit" at top right corner you can drag the "favorites" icon to the bottom. That way you can click on that icon as soon as you open the app and it will take you to your subscribed threads. Hope that helps. I'm going to try to attach a photo of my screen when I open the app. The "favorites" icon is in the center.

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1367338415.245095.jpg

Last edited:
If you subscribe to the threads that you want to read they will show up under the Favorites tab. Then if you click on the "more" at the bottom of the screen, then choose "edit" at top right corner you can drag the "favorites" icon to the bottom. That way you can click on that icon as soon as you open the app and it will take you to your subscribed threads. Hope that helps. I'm going to try to attach a photo of my screen when I open the app. The "favorites" icon is in the center.

View attachment 2162732

Thanks for posting this! How do you drag that icon? I see where you open it under More but couldn't drag it....

ETA...found it! Thanks again. Very helpful!

On Android, is there a way I can be notified if someone quotes me? For now, I can only know this if I log on using a browser, not the tpf app ..

I just rolled out a brand new android app version that notifies you if you are being quoted! You can get the update in the google play store.

Status
Not open for further replies.