Do you regret buying so much makeup?

Yes and No. Lol. Depends on my mood actually.
I've always been in love with colours, textures, glitter, effects, makeup. I've always spent money on lots of beauty products, as far as I can remember. The difference is, couple of years ago, my stash used to fit in a drawer. I had one holder for my brushes and one for all my pencils, everything included.
Now I have over 150 MAC ES (including quads and LE pots) and I barely use them because the more you have, the less you know what you really have, you know it's there so it kind of makes you happy. But I think I was "happier" when I had just 3/4 blushes and a couple of palettes, lol. Things got really worse when I started following blogs and tutorials on YT back in 2008. This has really killed me, lol ! I did this experience : I stayed away from YT, blogs and makeup forums for 3 months and didn't feel the need to buy anything. I saved tons of money, lol. Now I only buy a couple of things here and there by MAC mainly because I refuse to be a "victim" of their non-stop LE collections.

I've recently been through my makeup, throw a couple of things that had dried or expired, gave a lot to my friends, sold a couple of new and unused things, I still have to go through my MAC E/S because I have lots of extravagant colours that I bought because I saw a gorgeous tutorial on YT 3 years ago but finally never used the colours to do it on myself. Or it didn't look what I thought it would. So yeah, makeup makes me happy, I use most of what I get because I change my style of makeup everyday, except for my MAC shadows because I can't go through 5 palettes in the morning and spend time choosing so I must find another way or another kind of palettes to actually see what shades I have.
I'm not reading beauty blogs as much as I used to, only following 2 or 3 people on YT and I've noticed that I'm less tempted to buy.

Which YT people do you follow??

When it comes down to either applying makeup or being late to work/school, yes, those are the times when I regret having as much as I do LOL.

To go without makeup (or my preferred look) or to be on time. I'm sure all of us have had this dilemma before haha.

I actually barely made any 'make up mistakes'. I loved Chanel from the beginning and only buy what I need + what suited me + also some things from MAC. I know what I need and only buy those things, so I won't regret buying my purchases.

I not only collect purses, shoes, perfume, I also collect mackup! LOTS of it! Why do I need every single eye shadow Bobbi Brown makes? Why do I need every single lip gloss Chanel comes out with? I recently realized threw watching a Jenna Marbles video that I'm a GOO HORDER!!! Yep a bonafided GOO HORDER! I need all the colors, all the different smells, I need it all! Don't you? I mean this here lip gloss has tiny sparkles in it and this one over here in the same color has larger sparkles in it and this one over here has a combination of large and small sparkles in it!! I just love mackup! Granted I'm O Natural 99% of the time I still find the need to shop for new compacts with the new colors of the season!
Some of my most favorite brands include but not limited to Bobbi Brown, Laura Mercier, Trish McEvoy, Chanel, Guerlain, Givenchy, Le Métier, Erno Lazo, La Mer, Chantecaille, just to name a few also in the mix some drug store cheepies just because I felt I maybe didn't have that color! So I'm going to try to post a few pictures of my mini Sephoria collection in my bathroom. Be nice and assure me and Jenna aren't the only ones!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 809
Last edited:
I think it's a good type of hoarding, because the makeup and skincare eventually gets used up too! Don't feel too bad, you are in lots of good company. I hoard makeup and beauty products too *hugs*

This morning I figured out that I have WAAAAY TOOOOOO MUCCCCCCH in the way of makeup. Just at first glance, out in the open, I counted EIGHT different cheek colors. EIGHT! Without even really looking. I need to be on a BAN!

I do it too. Almost every time Urban Decay and Too Faced come out with a new palette I want it and eventually I do end up buying it. So now I have lots of palettes that I've never touched and is just sitting there.

Ugh! I just realized that I have drawers upon drawers of things that I'll never use. Especially since the only thing I really change when doing my makeup is the eyes. I'm placing myself on a makeup ban until one of hte products I use regularly runs out. Which I think will take another 6 months. :Push:

I have a really large collection of MAC , all estimate numbers , 170 single eyeshadows , 15 premade quads , 80 blushes , 50 lip-glosses , 15 lipsticks 10 full size pigments and a few eyeliners , bronzers , and other random Limited edition items.
I only regret about 20 items , most are just colors that don't work or formulas that I had a bad reaction too . I use most of the stuff that is still safe to use and the rest is "archived" for perverse reason that I haven't figured out yet. As far as collectors items go my makeup doesn't take up that much room . My nail polish collection takes up way more room and is larger too.
The only issue I have is when I rarely mention to someone how much makeup I own and they react like I just told them I have 50 tons of dynamite in my house - it's just makeup.

I regret how much make up I have sometimes as I am never going to use it all , never, especially as lip products etc go out of date :sad:
I do not have a huge collection, but I watch all these makeup gurus on youtube and wonder how often they rotate/change their makeup collection.

I thought they had a shelf life of 1/2 mo- 2 years depending on ingredients.