What is your 'Holy Grail' Mulberry Bag

hummmmn - something bespoke I'm afraid - a Roxanne, of course (you know me!!) and in deep indigo/blackcurrant printed darwin (so a very deep purple really) with rose gold furnishings......

hummmmn - something bespoke I'm afraid - a Roxanne, of course (you know me!!) and in deep indigo/blackcurrant printed darwin (so a very deep purple really) with rose gold furnishings......

Oh that reminds me my 2nd dream bag is a bespoke oak printed Roxanne exactly like mulberryellies. Which i havent got. Probably never will, but i can dream.:lol:

Ostrich meat is eaten in many countries as well, so I would think they are not farmed just for their skin either.

Also due to Mulberry's ethical beliefs, they have never done snakeskin. That's one reason I get put off other designers that do a lot of snakeskin.

Hi Cupcake,

Sadly Mulberry did use snakeskins including python and karung, though they no longer use any real snakeskin, instead having perfected snakeskin print on leathers such as can be seen in silky snake bags....they were fairly quick in the fashion world to recognise the ethical implications and only use skins which can be traced back and exotic skins (ostrich) which have CITES certificates...

http://www.mulberry.com/about/PDF/approach.pdf

:smile:

Well... To mix them all up.... I'd like a purple tonicy ostrich large BAYSWATER with an across the body strap, rose gold fittings, a built in cosmetics case, firm bottom and a rose-gold girlie charm .... Weird but true!:lol:

Mooshooshoo said:
Hi Cupcake,

Sadly Mulberry did use snakeskins including python and karung, though they no longer use any real snakeskin, instead having perfected snakeskin print on leathers such as can be seen in silky snake bags....they were fairly quick in the fashion world to recognise the ethical implications and only use skins which can be traced back and exotic skins (ostrich) which have CITES certificates...

My mistake - I was told by an SA in Brompton Road, I think, that they'd never used snakeskin and go for printed instead. Shows how much they know (or how much I'll believe without checking facts!). Thanks for clarifying, Moo!

My mistake - I was told by an SA in Brompton Road, I think, that they'd never used snakeskin and go for printed instead. Shows how much they know (or how much I'll believe without checking facts!). Thanks for clarifying, Moo!

The SA probably isn't familiar with the older models of mabels, Emmy etc which used them Cupcake....I have to say personally I'm pleased they no longer use it...:smile:

Hi Cupcake,

Is my Mabel and snakeskin purse real snakeskin then?
Im still keeping it as i love the colour and the feel of it.