Tiffany & Co Schlumberger Ladybug pendant with diamonds & garnets

My DS is two and he was on a ladybug kick for awhile. When I saw the ladybug on the tiffany site, I thought it was so pretty and it made me think of my son and how he won't be this age much longer. Garnets are my birthstone, so I thought "bonus!":P

When I went to the boutique, my SA had to order it in for me and mentioned that ladybugs are good luck, so I thought "double bonus!" and came home and googled for information about ladybugs. I learned that some people connect ladybugs with "Our Lady" in the Catholic faith and since I'm Catholic, I thought "Jackpot!"

The pendant is a way for me to connect my love for my son, with my faith and myself, and my love for jewelry.

Plus, it's sparkly. :biggrin:

• Love
Reactions: Hermes Zen
More photos and some modeling shots. The photos above were taken with my ipad and the ones below were taken with my droid, so I apologize about the quality. :P

What surprised me about the pendant is that it's not loose on the chain, there are actually little rings on the ladybug and the chain is connected separately to each of the rings on each side. It takes some getting used to because I usually fiddle with my pendants during the day (zip them side to side with I'm thinking), and I can't do that with this one. On the plus side, it does seem to keep it from flipping over.

vihfv.jpg

dv7SB.jpg

It's gorgeous; I only asked because both of my grandmothers LOVE ladybugs and it's one of the symbols for my sorority, Kappa Delta, which my mom was in the same one (and fingers crossed for my younger sister to be one soon too, although ultimately I want her to be happy) so ladybugs remind me of all of them and all of the times with my sisters, biologically or not! :smile: I LOVE the meaning behind it for yours too. Adorbs!

I love the mixed metals on it too! Sorry I just keep looking at the pictures, gahhhhhhh it's so pretty and it doesn't help that I've been on a Tiffany's kick lately too. :/ the problems of a broke college student. Haha

advakaitplm: Tiffany is a hard habit to break! Especially because it's beautiful jewelry that connect with memories that are special to us.

After I saw this ladybug, I was a little daunted at the price because I recently acquired some rather equally pricey pieces and was concerned about my pocketbook. So I searched the tiffany site and saw their other ladybugs and searched the internet for other alternatives. I was surprised at how many other designers use the ladybug motif!

In the end, I decided I liked this one the best and I'm going to be on a ban for the next few years!

Junkenpo said:
advakaitplm: Tiffany is a hard habit to break! Especially because it's beautiful jewelry that connect with memories that are special to us.

After I saw this ladybug, I was a little daunted at the price because I recently acquired some rather equally pricey pieces and was concerned about my pocketbook. So I searched the tiffany site and saw their other ladybugs and searched the internet for other alternatives. I was surprised at how many other designers use the ladybug motif!

In the end, I decided I liked this one the best and I'm going to be on a ban for the next few years!

I'm hoping to get my first Tiffany piece for Xmas from the BF (we both plan on this lasting for quite some time :biggrin:! ); I've been hinting around at it and I've been obsessed with Peretti's black jade bean for quite some time and I love the silver ones as well. :smile: fingers crossed for them. Haha I've had my eye on other stuff from them and I always end up not wanting it after a few months-- i.e. the sparklers collection.