Knot Knot : Clutch Here!

I am contemplating getting a BV knot bag (metal lace one) in the near future.

My question is, do you love it?

Do you use it?

What do you do with it when you go to dinner?

What do you do when you go to a bar or a club?

At a cocktail party, I guess you have the drink in one hand and the knot in another.

Thanks in advance ladies.

I have several of these little "candies" and just love them. If you go to the celebs and their BV thread (above) you can see how these Knots are worn. They can be worn on the red carpet, to events, to clubs, out to dinner and frankly they look amazing with denim. I get more compliments on my BV Knots than on any Hermes handheld clutch that I own. I think the Knots are like jewelry, and besides being fun and elegant, they are unique, well made and limited. Which is to say, the celeb thread aside, you don't see them everywhere. Something about using a Knot makes one feel like a celeb however, there is a movie star quality to the BV Knot. Maybe because when seen on the red carpet and at high profile events everyone looks so amazing. Warning, these are HIGHLY addictive. Move with caution, you will end up wanting more than one. I love that you can display these, however. They are just too pretty to leave in your closet.
Have you seen pics of Nicole Kidman who wears her Black Oragami Knot with everything? From jeans to movie premiers or out to the clubs with her DH? I think she is the perfect example of how Knots can be used. She has several but she loves that Oragami. It is her go to bag.
If you decide on to move into Knot territory, please share your treasure with us. We love to see.

I have been a BV knot collector for a few years now... they are unique, special
and a true pleasure to have & USE.. they work for going out to dinner to a
red carpet night out...if you decide to go down the knot road, you will not
be sorry.. its a great investment timeless & chic..

it took me a while to get into these as I didn't have a "knot lifestyle". but I got this season's studded knot in peridot and I have worn it countless times. I carry it when I don't want go carry a bag. I've worn it with jeans, trousers, dresses, to dinner, lunch, and brunch. as for being addictive, it's true. less than a month after getting the peridot, I got the plaster croc knot.

I bought my first and only knot last April (Nero ayers silk stretch knot). I have carried it going out to dinner a few times and wish I had more occasions. Good question about where do you put it when you are not carrying it. If seated at a large table, I put in on the table. (warning--I have had waiters spill a few drops on it refilling water glasses!). If there is no room on the table, I ask for an extra napkin and under my chair she goes.

I don't own a knot but love them
they are iconic
you see them every where
red carpet
dinner
shopping
I especially love the elongated knot bag because you can fit a phone glasses and some kind of card case for cards and money
even though they are an "evening" bag they are more versatile than that

I don't think they have to be an evening bag. I saw a lovely woman with jeans on at lunch several months ago carrying her knot. I then thought I would pull mine out other than evening. Haven't yet. But I will. I just got a black croc knot. Can't wait to use it.

it took me a while to get into these as I didn't have a "knot lifestyle". but I got this season's studded knot in peridot and I have worn it countless times. I carry it when I don't want go carry a bag. I've worn it with jeans, trousers, dresses, to dinner, lunch, and brunch. as for being addictive, it's true. less than a month after getting the peridot, I got the plaster croc knot.
Love 'Em!
I got to see Apey in casual dressy with her Studded Knot at an Art Show Opening, she looked FAB! The Knot looked amazing!:ghi5:

I wear my Knots with jeans, dresses, and casual linen. I usually keep them in my hand and a drink in the other. Fits my iPhone, BV mirror, lipstick & a credit card. As the others have stated, the Knots are timeless!

Thanks so much for your comments. I really think that the knot bag is a stunning bag. I really fell hard for the metal lace knot bag with the gold-ish contrast.

TT, you are a style icon of mine. I really trust your judgement.
Hotshot, thanks for your advice, too.
Apey, I will take Knot's addictiveness under advisement.:P
Thanks MissFancyBags!!!
newbags4me, Good idea about the extra napkin!!!
Thanks SeptemberSiren and krawford
LT bag lady, I am glad to hear these bags are versatile.

I am massively shaking (and pleading with) my $$$ tree.

i have the two sided vachette knot - since my lifestyle is very casual, i tend to use it for casual purposes.... and sometimes i use it for a wallet as it is too lovely to leave at home. frankly i lust after miss fancy_bags avatar!

Do you use it?

At a cocktail party, I guess you have the drink in one hand and the knot in another.

Yes, I do love mine (I have 2 Knots).

Yes, I do use them. One is nero karung in the Stretch (elongated) style, and I've worn it to dinner (both casual and more fancy), and I've brought it to dinner parties. Because it's black, it goes with jeans, dresses, suits, whatever. My other one is classic satin in a champagne (antilope) color. I bought it to wear to a wedding (I was in the wedding party), but because it's a neutral color, I've taken it out to dinner whenever it matches my outfit. I tend to be more careful with it because of its light color, and it's not as roomy as the Stretch karung, so I don't use it as much.

At dinner, I usually keep it in my lap, under my napkin. If the table has ample room (usually if I'm dining with just my husband), I put it on the table.

I'm beyond the club stage of my life, but if at a bar or cocktail party or other mingling-type of event, I just hold onto it--or in the case of my Stretch Knot, in a pinch, I can tuck it under my arm.

yes, ADORE mine. I get soooo many compliments every time I use it.

Do you use it?

to pretty much every fancy event I have. every wedding, every black tie function.

I rest mine on the table toward the centerpiece, like above my plate and glasses setting.

n/a

exactly :smile: or tuck it in the crook of your elbow against your torso, which works too if you need the other hand for a plate. but usually if it's not a seated affair and I have to eat I find a hidden away place to stash it for a little bit and then grab it back when I'm done eating.

I love mine so much I've recently been very much contemplating a second!

also, you'd be surprised at how many men make comments about it. it's probably the bag I have that is most noticed by men. they are always super intrigued by it, like it's a UFO or something.

I love the Knot with a passion. I have tried to capture pics of every Knot BV makes and look at them often. etoupebirkin, you will not be sorry if you get a Knot. I am really lusting after the plaster velvet one...and about 10 others. Sometimes I just get tired of lugging a bag around, and the Knot is perfect for a phone, keys, lip gloss and a small card case.

I also do what mundodabolsa does and keep it on the table. The crook of the arm is a handy place to hold it, and you can easily put it in your lap when seated.

Here is a little bit of eye candy from F/W 2011-2012, just in case it helps you!

Attachments

• Ametista crocodile fume silver $6600 FW2011-2012.jpg
    Ametista crocodile fume silver $6600 FW2011-2012.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 1,008
  • Cioccolato plaster embossed lace cuir $2500 FW2011-2012.jpg
    Cioccolato plaster embossed lace cuir $2500 FW2011-2012.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 1,011
  • Nero plaster metal lace karung $3980 FW2011-2012.jpg
    Nero plaster metal lace karung $3980 FW2011-2012.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 997