the late Elizabeth Taylor

More Details of Elizabeth Taylor’s Jewelry Auction Revealed

Her jewelry collection was almost as dazzling as she was. And now, Christie’s is set to auction off some of the most iconic diamonds, gemstones, historic jewels and one-of-a-kind creations that were owned by Elizabeth Taylor.

On Dec. 13 and 14 in New York, the auction house will put a total of 269 jewels up for bid, estimated to be worth more than $30 million. They include gifts from her many husbands, including Mike Todd and Richard Burton — in particular, the 33.19-carat Asscher-cut Krupp Diamond, later known as the Elizabeth Taylor Diamond, which was the first jewel that Burton bought for Taylor.

Other Burton gifts for sale include the famous 16th-century La Peregrina pearl and 17th-century Taj Mahal diamond pendant.

The jewelry auction is part of a larger sale of some of the most prized possessions of the Hollywood legend, who died in March at age 79. Other items to be auctioned include fashions, accessories, decorative arts and memorabilia, the U.K.’s Telegraph reports. A portion of the proceeds will reportedly go to the Elizabeth Taylor AIDS Foundation.

The museum-quality collection, including the jewelry, will be exhibited on a three-month international tour beginning this month, ahead of the auction in December.

people.com

Wow! It is very sad to see the collection broken up. Hopefully they are taken by private collectors and museums not tossed around from person to person.

And we all know that Kim K ain't gettin s***... I doubt she'll be able to afford anything because these pieces belong to a legacy (hence why 99% of her ish is compensated)... she can eat her little fameho heart out. We all know that these pieces are going to sell for millions.

If I had a zillion dollars I'd bid on La Peregrina

Elizabeth-Taylor-la-peregrina-1.jpg

Oh it is ON!!!! lol!!!

Omg...up until this point I have not thought about the possibility of the suite getting separated!!!! I am praying it doesn't happen or it will break my heart :sad:

OH, it so on!!! :okay:

Just promise me if you win, you will wear it, and not let it sit in some old dusty jewelry box in your underwear drawer!!

032311-elizabeth-taylor-jewelry8-400x580.jpg

image001.jpg