Need Advice - Offer from Buyer w/Private Feedback

Jan 23, 2008
I need your advice, I have received an offer from a buyer who has Private Feedback. In my auction, I state that "any bids from buyers who elect to keep their feedback will be cancelled". The auction in question has a buy it now and OBO. I have received a reasonable offer from a buyer with private feedback. It does show she has received 12 feedback in the last 12 months and is 100% positive. Should I take a chance and sell to this buyer or not? Keeping your feedback private worries me some as I don't know why you would want to keep it private. Any advice you could give would sure help! Thanks ladies (and Gents)!

i have lots of buyers with private feedback. i assume they resell stuff they buy in their country since they buy multiples from me. they probably have separate selling account (or sell in some other way) but want to keep buying private just in case. in reality since buyers only receive positives does it really matter to sellers if feedback is visible?

I need your advice, I have received an offer from a buyer who has Private Feedback. In my auction, I state that "any bids from buyers who elect to keep their feedback will be cancelled". The auction in question has a buy it now and OBO. I have received a reasonable offer from a buyer with private feedback. It does show she has received 12 feedback in the last 12 months and is 100% positive. Should I take a chance and sell to this buyer or not? Keeping your feedback private worries me some as I don't know why you would want to keep it private. Any advice you could give would sure help! Thanks ladies (and Gents)!
Many buyers have private feedback and generally, I don't find it a problem.

Some buyers are flippers and use a separate buying ID to buy items they'll plan to resell and don't want future buyers (from them) to know what they bought and what they paid for it. Others have private feedback because they may not want family members to know what they're buying.

The main concern you might have from a buying ID would be feedback left for others and some of those feedbacks can be found in google searches by searching the buyer ID and finding sellers who left feedback for the buyer. Then you can look at that seller's feedback to see what the buyer left.

Honestly, I had private feedback at one time-- it was because I didn't want a specific person checking up on a purchases, and to stumble across one I made at that time. After the 90 days was up (where what you purchased is visible to others), I made it public again.

I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Many buyers have private feedback and generally, I don't find it a problem.

Some buyers are flippers and use a separate buying ID to buy items they'll plan to resell and don't want future buyers (from them) to know what they bought and what they paid for it. Others have private feedback because they may not want family members to know what they're buying.

The main concern you might have from a buying ID would be feedback left for others and some of those feedbacks can be found in google searches by searching the buyer ID and finding sellers who left feedback for the buyer. Then you can look at that seller's feedback to see what the buyer left.

agree here... do a little homework see if you find what you are

looking for and then decide what you want to do... good luck

One reason to have private feedback is that everyone can see what you have purchased. What if you were buying something embarrassing, like adult items? I know that whenever I have bidders, I look at their feedback and the items they bought, because I like to get a feel for if they have bought designer bags before and whether they have paid large amounts, etc. But sometimes, I feel like I'm snooping because if I had bought some of those items, I wouldn't want anyone to know.

i don't even look at feedback anymore. they could have the name of a mass murderer and i still have to work with them, so what's the point of seeing feedback.

^:roflmfao::roflmfao:!!

For me, I always look at a potential bidder's FB just so I know what I'm going to deal with. Even if it's private. Maybe I'm just nosy like that. I guess it all just depends on the person.

I'd be more concerned about the FB they're leaving for other sellers.