SOG Dupes

kandc88

Oct 10, 2010
Thought it would be a great idea to post a list of dupes, especially when buying across brand lines it's easy to buy two similar or even identical colors by mistake!

These were posted by KSi in another thread (She had Geleration Rustic, but I think it was supposed to be Mystic. Also June Bridge, which I changed to June Bride...)

Gelish June Bride = Artistic Color Gloss Princess
Gelish Ambience = Entity Posh in pink
Geleration Starlet = ACG Karma
Gelish Star Burst = ACG Glam
Gelish Midnight Caller = Geleration Mystic

I've seen
Gelish Sweet Chocolate = Geleration Hot Fudge

Thought it would be a great idea to post a list of dupes, especially when buying across brand lines it's easy to buy two similar or even identical colors by mistake!

These were posted by KSi in another thread (She had Geleration Rustic, but I think it was supposed to be Mystic. Also June Bridge, which I changed to June Bride...)

Gelish June Bride = Artistic Color Gloss Princess
Gelish Ambience = Entity Posh in pink
Geleration Starlet = ACG Karma
Gelish Star Burst = ACG Glam
Gelish Midnight Caller = Geleration Mystic

I've seen
Gelish Sweet Chocolate = Geleration Hot Fudge
Great idea. I also think:

Gelish Go Girl = Geleration Bubble Gum
Gelish Passion = Geleration Soak up the Sun
Gelish Night Reflection = Geleration Windsor Castle

I'm sure there are many others that can be added to this list. We have to be on the look out for these because buying a color you already have is not only very disappointing, but gets extremely expensive. The swatches posted by the manufacturers are not very accurate to say the least.

I'm sure there are many others that can be added to this list. We have to be on the look out for these because buying a color you already have is not only very disappointing, but gets extremely expensive. The swatches posted by the manufacturers are not very accurate to say the least.

ITA. Of course, that's where the exchange box helps for those that can participate. :smile:

extremely expensive. The swatches posted by the manufacturers are not very accurate to say the least.

If they are all basically coming from the same pot...maybe they purposefully don't want their swatches to be very accurate! This thread was a great idea, Kandc88! (Shh, but don't tell anybody...we don't them to know that we know!)

I can't say for 100% sure since I don't have both, but Geleration Nutter Butter looks A LOT in the swatches I have seen like Gelish Reserve. If you have one, you might not want to get the other until you could see them side by side.

Great idea. I also think:

Gelish Go Girl = Geleration Bubble Gum
Gelish Passion = Geleration Soak up the Sun
Gelish Night Reflection = Geleration Windsor Castle

I don't think that Night Reflection is the same as Windsor Castle, have you seen the actual colors in person?

DARN those tiny little impossible to read swatches. I just ordered Eccentric (and Metro and Foxy!) and I already have Sweet Chocolate. :sad:

It is kind of amazing to me that there are only a few swatches of Artistic Colour Gloss to be found online.

I think metro might be the same as Midnight Caller/Mystic based on the swatch. Did you see the site where you can blow up the swatches, I've also read that the ACG swatches are deal on...according to some people on another nail site...I think I posted it on the other SOG thread...f