Please identify this Gucci

I've already posted this question twice in different threads and now i have been redirected once again. Hopefully, this thread will give me more good answers to my question:smile:
Here's the deal, this is a Gucci bag that I got as a present. It was bought in late june/august 2006 in Cannes in France. Does anyone know what model this is? It reminds of bouvier but i don't think that it is bouvier.

Thanks in advance!!!

311913787_03b862a49b.jpg

Has anyone seen this bag too? I posted this elsewhere as well but no one seems to know either. I just want to know the name of the bag mainly and where it might come from. It was given to me as a gift and I just wanted a little info on it.

Attachments

• New Gucci Bag.JPG
    New Gucci Bag.JPG
    30.6 KB · Views: 10,052
Hi there,

I need a litte help - does anyone know this gucci bag?

Is it from 2004/05/06 or...?

43ot4qh.jpg

I hope you can see the picture....:graucho:

When did this gucci bag come out, and - if anybody knows - what are the measurements, and what´s the name (does it have a special name?)?

Thank you very much! :love:

hmm.. as far as gucci goes, they just name certain collections but bag names are mostly large hobo, medium hobo, small shoulder bag etc etc...example, the bag of wuselmurphy is from the abbey collection i think. that D-ring with the rounded screw-like accents are the main "look" of the collection... i'm just not sure what the kind of bag it is..

the only bags i know with "special" names are the joliceur, boston, bouvier, which pertains to the shape and not the collection name :smile:

other collection names i know are: britt, princy, piston, etc

am i making sense?

I bought this at Saks today for 30% off! I thought that was a good deal, plus I needed a good every day tote! The leather is SOOOO soft!!!! And I love the chain detail!

I know nothing about Gucci bags. Could someone, please, id this bag for me? What line is it from? The name?

Also, what are your thoughts????? I need honest opinions!!!!

Thank you!

Attachments

• gucci1.jpg
    gucci1.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 187
  • gucci2.jpg
    gucci2.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 129
  • gucci3.jpg
    gucci3.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 115
  • gucci5.jpg
    gucci5.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 119
  • gucci4.jpg
    gucci4.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 133
I don't know the actual name of the bag, but it looks very similar to my Capri shoulder bag. Mine is more of a satchel style with longer chains, but otherwise it has the same leather texture and hardware. Maybe it's a Capri tote? It's adorable, congrats on your new bag!

Tamikac23, gorgeous bag....I think its called the 'penelope' large tote...it only comes in brown leather or GG logo fabric
Luvtoshop, thank you so much for your help. This bag has got me nervous now. I still can't find it anywhere. I called a Gucci retailer and gave them the serial number and they said that the bag came up as penelope but that they did not sell it in their store. She suggested that I call gucci customer service and they said the same thing and that they didn't know anything else about the bag either. My problem is that I have not seen my same bag anywhere, I can find clearly fake ones that resemble it but are made of monogramed canvas or monogramed leather but nothing like mind. I can tell these are fake cause all the sites I see them on are Korean.

Tamika!!! i found it! mrs. t of thebaghag.blogspot.com blogged about this bag a while back (july 17, 2006) and her pic was from saksfifthavenue.com :smile: I copied the pic for you. but it's monogram instead of leather and retailed for $1550.

guccibagbelt.jpg