Your Best Eye Makeup/Mascara Remover?

For a dark heavy eye, I like to start with a couple of spritz of the Lancome micellar cleanser. It doesn't remove the stubborn liners or mascara but does a great job with removing shadow without being oily or smearing all over the place. Then I use MUDE Aqua eyes with a cotton swab to go sound the perimeter and lash line. It's non irritating for me and literally takes a swipe or two and liner is removed.

I've used all different types of make up remover, from high end company's and to the ones at supermarket and the best one is neutrogena make up remove lotion. It's creamy and very gentle. I put some on tissue paper and cover my eye with it for a few seconds, then I just wipe away! It takes off my water proof mascara and eyeliner like a champ!

I use waterproof mascara on a daily basis (Lancome Hypnose Drama WP) and the best solution for me is to firstly use my Lancome Bi-Facil and after to swipe the remainings with Bioderma Sensibio H2O. This is what it works for me!

I never can only rely on only one product to remove completely my most stubborned mascara.

I have used Clinique's Take The Day Off Makeup Remover for Lids, Lashes & Lips for years and have never encountered a waterproof/tube mascara it couldn't take off. I recently started using Sephora's Waterproof Makeup remover (which also has the oil/water mix) and it works almost as well but is almost 1/2 the price.

The trick that works for me is I soak a makeup remover cotton pad (vs cotton ball because it seeps through and absorbs less, so I end up using more product), close my eyes and press the soaked cotton pad against my lashes. I wiggle it around for 5-10 seconds to let the product soak, but NOT in a rubbing motion...just a gentle back and forth. By now most of the makeup should be gone. Then I take a couple of gentle swipes above and under my lashes to remove the rest.

I have used Clinique's Take The Day Off Makeup Remover for Lids, Lashes & Lips for years and have never encountered a waterproof/tube mascara it couldn't take off. I recently started using Sephora's Waterproof Makeup remover (which also has the oil/water mix) and it works almost as well but is almost 1/2 the price.

The trick that works for me is I soak a makeup remover cotton pad (vs cotton ball because it seeps through and absorbs less, so I end up using more product), close my eyes and press the soaked cotton pad against my lashes. I wiggle it around for 5-10 seconds to let the product soak, but NOT in a rubbing motion...just a gentle back and forth. By now most of the makeup should be gone. Then I take a couple of gentle swipes above and under my lashes to remove the rest.

I also used in the past Sephora's Waterproof Eye Makeup Remover and I was pleased. It's so similar to Lancome but I prefer the latter just because it's more gentle and less oiler. But they work just as well - there really is no noticeable difference, but in price :shucks:

Karman, I always use this technique when removing my makeup...it's the best way and the safer for your eyes. The only thing that I struggle is whith not rubbing my eyes when I'm in a hurry! There I have to work more if I don't want lines around my eyes earlier than it should. I also want to recommend to use a warm cloth after you finished removing your makeup. It takes all the remaining and it feels really nice! :graucho:

Last edited:
I also used in the past Sephora's Waterproof Eye Makeup Remover and I was pleased. It's so similar to Lancome but I prefer the latter just because it's more gentle and less oiler. But they work just as well - there really is no difference, but in price :shucks:

Karman, I always use this technique when removing my makeup...it's the best way and the safer for your eyes. The only thing that I struggle is whith not rubbing my eyes when I'm in a hurry! There I have to work more if I don't want lines around my eyes earlier than it should. I also want to recommend to use a warm cloth after you finished removing your makeup. It takes all the remaining and it feels really nice! :graucho:

I don't think I have tried the Lancome, I'd have to try it!

I typically wash my face immediately (with Clarisonic and splashing water to rinse, since washcloths are bacterial breeding grounds to me) after taking off my makeup, I wouldn't be able to walk around with makeup remover in my eyes!

I don't think I have tried the Lancome, I'd have to try it!

You should try the Lancome version. It's really good but pay attention that it's as good as Sephora. The main differences are in a better smell and less oily feeling afterwards. The price is very high comparing the two so I advise you to get a sample before hand.

I typically wash my face immediately (with Clarisonic and splashing water to rinse, since washcloths are bacterial breeding grounds to me) after taking off my makeup, I wouldn't be able to walk around with makeup remover in my eyes!

I have a set of 12 washclothes which I rotate on a daily basis (one per day for two cleanings) and after usage I just throw them in the washing machine. This techinque I was learnet by http://www.carolinehirons.com/ and it made wonders for my complexion ...squeaky clean everytime! :biggrin:

You're right about the risk of bacteria spreading by using the cloth but it is possible to have no problems if you are really careful and always use clean ones. It is quite tiresome though and not everytime practical but what we women don't do in the name of beauty? :lol: I also use Clarisonic but only twice a week because I use too many face masks and I don't want to stress out my skin too much.

Caroline Hirons is amazing in skincare and extremely helpful and nice. I really recommend you all to read her blog if you aren't already a follower of hers. :smile:

I recently used Shu Uemura's Porefinist anti-shine fresh cleansing oil without removing any makeup first and have to say it worked wonderfully at removing everything off my face. It didn't leave any residue nor leave my face tight or feeling stripped. I think I'm in love.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    7.7 KB · Views: 89