YG or WG Sweet Alhambra MOP Studs?

YG or WG Sweet Alhambra MOP Studs?

• Yellow gold

Votes: 23 82.1%
  • White gold

Votes: 5 17.9%

• Total voters
They look great together! I’m looking for an everyday bracelet so I’m leaning towards the 6 motif but hoping it’s still substantial enough on its own. Does it have a good weight to it?

Too bad the MOP sweet Alhambra studs don’t come in RG.
The 6 motif weight about 7 g (vs 5 motif at 14 g) at the original length, so definitely lightweight, but one of the main reasons why it's so comfortable and you'll barely feel it on your wrist.

I think it'll look fine if you ever pair the 6 motif with YG mop earrings since they're so far apart that you can't see that they're in different metal colors.

Reactions: hhw
The 6 motif weight about 7 g (vs 5 motif at 14 g) at the original length, so definitely lightweight, but one of the main reasons why it's so comfortable and you'll barely feel it on your wrist.

I think it'll look fine if you ever pair the 6 motif with YG mop earrings since they're so far apart that you can't see that they're in different metal colors.
Thanks for the weight info! So helpful.

That’s what I was thinking also about the YG studs haha. It’s far enough away. Although not sure about the thicker posts I’ve been reading about on the forum. Perhaps I’ll get the sweet MOP necklace instead (or the GMOP vintage but not sure if the vintage size will look too big on me for casual wear).

Thanks for the weight info! So helpful.

That’s what I was thinking also about the YG studs haha. It’s far enough away. Although not sure about the thicker posts I’ve been reading about on the forum. Perhaps I’ll get the sweet MOP necklace instead (or the GMOP vintage but not sure if the vintage size will look too big on me for casual wear).
I tend to wear chunkier/heavier earrings in my lobe piercings so they're a bit stretched out and I didn't find the posts on the sweet studs to be too thick, but I kind of feel the thickness in my 2nd & 3rd piercings where I only wear dainty studs. But swapping out the posts (and backings) should be an easy task and it's free of charge within the first 12 months of purchase. Just try on everything to see which one you like best! :smile: I'm not sure if you're into carnelian at all but I have the sweet carnelian pendant and it's one of my favorite pieces to wear, plus it's in RG (pendant or studs) so it'll match with your 6 motif.

Last edited:
I tend to wear chunkier/heavier earrings in my lobe piercings so they're a bit stretched out and I didn't find the posts on the sweet studs to be too thick, but I kind of feel the thickness in my 2nd & 3rd piercings where I only wear dainty studs. But swapping out the posts (and backings) should be an easy task and it's free of charge within the first 12 months of purchase. Just try on everything to see which one you like best! :smile: I'm not sure if you're into carnelian at all but I have the sweet carnelian pendant and it's one of my favorite pieces to wear, plus it's in RG (pendant or studs) so it'll match with your 6 motif.
I heard there is a charge now to swap out the posts and backings. The carnelian is lovely but I think the MOP would suit me more. The GMOP definitely caught my eye when I first saw it so that would be my first choice if the vintage size looks good on me.

I heard there is a charge now to swap out the posts and backings. The carnelian is lovely but I think the MOP would suit me more. The GMOP definitely caught my eye when I first saw it so that would be my first choice if the vintage size looks good on me.
Oh wow that's new info to me. Is this for the US? Last I spoke with my SA while trying on the earrings (about a month ago) he still insist that I can have the posts and backings adjusted and swapped out free of charge, multiple times as long as it's within the 12 month period. I guess even at $180 fee it's not so bad if it means making the earrings fit your ears perfectly.

Oh wow that's new info to me. Is this for the US? Last I spoke with my SA while trying on the earrings (about a month ago) he still insist that I can have the posts and backings adjusted and swapped out free of charge, multiple times as long as it's within the 12 month period. I guess even at $180 fee it's not so bad if it means making the earrings fit your ears perfectly.
Yes, in the U.S. Do you know if the posts on the mini frivole earrings have are the same posts and backings as the sweet alhambras (thickness and length)?

Sure, my wrist size is 13 cm and I had it shorten to 15.5 cm for the perfect fit, not too snug or loose. The bracelet is highly polished and because of the hammered pattern, it reflects light beautifully giving off a nice amount of shimmers that kind of resemble pave at a glance. Don't expect the same sparkles as you would get from diamonds/pave pieces though :lol: You can probably find a few photos of me wearing the 6 motif as bracelet and necklace on this sub. The shimmers don't show up well in photos but in person you can really tell.
Hi waterlily! I was wondering with your bracelet at 15.5cm, how far down your wrist/hand does the bracelet fall? Does it go down far enough that it touches the palm of your hand?

roughly an inch past my wrist bone toward the edge of my palm, but not past the palm.
Sounds perfect! I personally don’t like bracelets past my palm, it bothers me.

Update on the actual studs that I started this thread about…got kind of sidetracked with the bracelet lol. I was able to finally try some on and in person, the MOP didn’t do much for me but I tried on the pave sweets and loved them :loveeyes: but the price tag is more than I wanted to spend on studs. I think the hammered rose gold pair would be nice too but those seem impossible to get! I’m told they’re waitlist only right now and could take a year or more to get.

Reactions: hhw
I don't own the 5 motif hammered, but I've purchased the 5 motif carnelian/guilloche in RG when they relaunched it. They stack very well together imo. I don't find the 5 motif to be too big but definitely needs to be shorten so you can see more motifs around the wrist, the original length make the motifs look very sparse/far apart on our wrist size which isn't a cute look. I placed a full deposit on the 6 motif & got it in exactly 8 weeks so you may not have to wait that long. The original length of the 6 motif is 6.89 inches/17.5 cm.

View attachment 5980931
Waterlily, how much did you shorten your 5 motifs bracelet? Is it the same length as your 6 motifs bracelet?

Waterlily, how much did you shorten your 5 motifs bracelet? Is it the same length as your 6 motifs bracelet?
All my 5 motifs are shorten to 15 cm. They go by links (in pairs) - 2,4,6,8 as the option for 5 motifs. 6 links/16 cm was slightly too loose and the links are uneven between the motif which I didn't like, so I opted for 8 links/15 cm even though it's slightly snug on me when worn on a warmer/humid day, but for the most part it's still fairly comfortable with adequate movement around my arm/wrist. I can always add an extender ring to my 5 motif at the clasp if I really wanted the extra 0.5 cm boost.

Reactions: ChanellenahC