YG or WG Sweet Alhambra MOP Studs?

YG or WG Sweet Alhambra MOP Studs?

• Yellow gold

Votes: 24 82.8%
  • White gold

Votes: 5 17.2%

• Total voters
Jun 11, 2009
Need help deciding between yellow gold or white gold for sweet Alhambra MOP studs. Does YG or WG look better with the WMOP? Do you think one is more classic or versatile or makes the MOP stand out more?

They both look nice with the MOP, but I think it depends more on your preference for metal and what look you are going for. The YG is more classic, but the white has a cool, frosty look that also is attractive.

Do you mind mixing metals? Do you have a lot of primary white-colored (ie platinum/silver/WG) jewelry that you wear often, or are you more of a yellow gold person? Would you plan on getting other Alhambra pieces that you would like this to match with later?

They both look nice with the MOP, but I think it depends more on your preference for metal and what look you are going for. The YG is more classic, but the white has a cool, frosty look that also is attractive.

Do you mind mixing metals? Do you have a lot of primary white-colored (ie platinum/silver/WG) jewelry that you wear often, or are you more of a yellow gold person? Would you plan on getting other Alhambra pieces that you would like this to match with later?
I mostly wear WG and RG and don’t mind mixing metals. I’d love to get a GMOP RG piece down the line. Wondering if YG or WG would affect how the WMOP looks. I’m going for classic and versatile, that could be dressed up or down. Do you think either gold color makes it dressier or more casual?

I mostly wear WG and RG and don’t mind mixing metals. I’d love to get a GMOP RG piece down the line. Wondering if YG or WG would affect how the WMOP looks. I’m going for classic and versatile, that could be dressed up or down. Do you think either gold color makes it dressier or more casual?
I tend to look better with RG or YG metals. I also don't mind mixing metals (my wedding rings are WG) but I mostly buy RG or YG these days. I don't wear earrings, but I'd hold them up (if you live near a boutique) to my face and see which coloring looks better.

I personally think YG looks really good with MOP but you can't go wrong with either one!

I can’t imagine I would choose any other than my sweet mop bracelet in YG. Because I like that classic combo. And I think yg suits me so my choice is clear, for myself. I don’t feel WG MOP suits me but if you like that frosty, fresher look, I think WG is perfect.

WG. Then if all your other pieces are RG or WG.

Thanks All. I’ll try to get to a boutique and compare them in person if possible. I’d like to see if the YG makes the MOP stand out more or perhaps it’s brighter when set in WG.

Anyone know why the WG pieces cost more than YG? Also, is the YG very yellow or more subtle?

I also read that the posts on the sweets are thicker and hurt some people’s ears. Is it still free to have VCA change them to thinner posts and friction backs instead of the la pousettes or do they charge for that service now?

Last edited:
Thanks All. I’ll try to get to a boutique and compare them in person if possible. I’d like to see if the YG makes the MOP stand out more or perhaps it’s brighter when set in WG.

Anyone know why the WG pieces cost more than YG? Also, is the YG very yellow or more subtle?

I also read that the posts on the sweets are thicker and hurt some people’s ears. Is it still free to have VCA change them to thinner posts and friction backs instead of the la pousettes or do they charge for that service now?

VCA use palladium in as the alloy in WG and then coated with a thick layer of rhodium to make the metal look extra white, so it'll always cost more than YG & RG pieces because of labor and raw material costs.

VCA use palladium in as the alloy in WG and then coated with a thick layer of rhodium to make the metal look extra white, so it'll always cost more than YG & RG pieces because of labor and raw material costs.
I saw you mentioned in a different thread that you have the sweet Alhambra hammered 6 motif bracelet and had it sized down. May I ask what length you had it sized to? I think we have similar wrist sizes. Also, does the bracelet give a lot of sparkle?

I saw you mentioned in a different thread that you have the sweet Alhambra hammered 6 motif bracelet and had it sized down. May I ask what length you had it sized to? I think we have similar wrist sizes. Also, does the bracelet give a lot of sparkle?
Sure, my wrist size is 13 cm and I had it shorten to 15.5 cm for the perfect fit, not too snug or loose. The bracelet is highly polished and because of the hammered pattern, it reflects light beautifully giving off a nice amount of shimmers that kind of resemble pave at a glance. Don't expect the same sparkles as you would get from diamonds/pave pieces though :lol: You can probably find a few photos of me wearing the 6 motif as bracelet and necklace on this sub. The shimmers don't show up well in photos but in person you can really tell.

Reactions: ChanellenahC
Sure, my wrist size is 13 cm and I had it shorten to 15.5 cm for the perfect fit, not too snug or loose. The bracelet is highly polished and because of the hammered pattern, it reflects light beautifully giving off a nice amount of shimmers that kind of resemble pave at a glance. Don't expect the same sparkles as you would get from diamonds/pave pieces though :lol: You can probably find a few photos of me wearing the 6 motif as bracelet and necklace on this sub. The shimmers don't show up well in photos but in person you can really tell.
Thanks! Sounds beautiful and I wanted to try one on in person but they are hard to come by! What was the original length of the bracelet? Did you ever try the 5 motif? I was contemplating between the two but think the 5 might be too big for my also tiny wrist.

Thanks! Sounds beautiful and I wanted to try one on in person but they are hard to come by! What was the original length of the bracelet? Did you ever try the 5 motif? I was contemplating between the two but think the 5 might be too big for my also tiny wrist.
I don't own the 5 motif hammered, but I've purchased the 5 motif carnelian/guilloche in RG when they relaunched it. They stack very well together imo. I don't find the 5 motif to be too big but definitely needs to be shorten so you can see more motifs around the wrist, the original length make the motifs look very sparse/far apart on our wrist size which isn't a cute look. I placed a full deposit on the 6 motif & got it in exactly 8 weeks so you may not have to wait that long. The original length of the 6 motif is 6.89 inches/17.5 cm.

IMG_6244.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: Prada Prince
I don't own the 5 motif hammered, but I've purchased the 5 motif carnelian/guilloche in RG when they relaunched it. They stack very well together imo. I don't find the 5 motif to be too big but definitely needs to be shorten so you can see more motifs around the wrist, the original length make the motifs look very sparse/far apart on our wrist size which isn't a cute look. I placed a full deposit on the 6 motif & got it in exactly 8 weeks so you may not have to wait that long. The original length of the 6 motif is 6.89 inches/17.5 cm.

View attachment 5980931
They look great together! I’m looking for an everyday bracelet so I’m leaning towards the 6 motif but hoping it’s still substantial enough on its own. Does it have a good weight to it?

Too bad the MOP sweet Alhambra studs don’t come in RG.