White Chevre??

If I were to get a white it would be a kelly (not a birkin or a bolide) and here is why:

I - The handles are one of the parts where H bags show more wear, and replacing a handle on a kelly is easier and less expensive since the handle is hooked on HW and the craftsman doesn't have to dismount a good part of the bag.:idea:

II - These same HW links that make the handle easier to replace eventually allow you to tie a twilly or a scarf and wrap the handle from one link to another, wich is fun and useful in order to prevent damages on such colors.:idea:

!

LOL...that's all well and good, and good points you make, but I don't want another Kelly...I want a Bolide!:lol:

I also heard that White chevre is not available at Hermes. So, my SA was trying to put SO for white chevre Bolide for me...But I don't know yet if that order has gone through or not...

Hey, this is a bit OT, but did you know that Swift Birkins aren't lined with chevre? Mine looks like Swift inside aswell, it doesn't look like lamb (?) what Bolides are lined with....I wonder...:shrugs:

Hey, this is a bit OT, but did you know that Swift Birkins aren't lined with chevre? Mine looks like Swift inside aswell, it doesn't look like lamb (?) what Bolides are lined with....I wonder...:shrugs:
I think I'd like Swift instead of lambskin as a lining. The scratches can be rubbed out, even in the white. Before I made that leather book I was scratching all my leathers to see how they would respond in case someone is wondering how I came about all this research.

I think I'd like Swift instead of lambskin as a lining. The scratches can be rubbed out, even in the white. Before I made that leather book I was scratching all my leathers to see how they would respond in case someone is wondering how I came about all this research.

Yes, I agree, definately less delicate than lambskin....

Great info! Thanks Duna! :flowers:

I remembered HG also mentioned that white Birkins are lined with something very similar.

Luxwear has 3 white Birkins listed right now - White Clemence 35, White Clemence 30, & White Clemence/Toile canvas 35cm. But only one is listed as lined with "Gulliver", the other two are listed as lined in chevre...could it be that she forgot to change the listing description? :confused1:

eBay: White Clemence & Gold 35cm HERMES BIRKIN BAG (item 160034043337 end time Oct-03-06 12:50:54 PDT)

eBay: White Clemence&Palladium 30cm HERMES BIRKIN BAG (item 160034041943 end time Oct-03-06 12:45:27 PDT)

eBay: White Toile & Palladium 35cm HERMES BIRKIN BAG (item 160034087923 end time Oct-03-06 15:38:37 PDT)

Great info! Thanks Duna! :flowers:

I remembered HG also mentioned that white Birkins are lined with something very similar.

Luxwear has 3 white Birkins listed right now - White Clemence 35, White Clemence 30, & White Clemence/Toile canvas 35cm. But only one is listed as lined with "Gulliver", the other two are listed as lined in chevre...could it be that she forgot to change the listing description? :confused1:

eBay: White Clemence & Gold 35cm HERMES BIRKIN BAG (item 160034043337 end time Oct-03-06 12:50:54 PDT)

eBay: White Clemence&Palladium 30cm HERMES BIRKIN BAG (item 160034041943 end time Oct-03-06 12:45:27 PDT)

eBay: White Toile & Palladium 35cm HERMES BIRKIN BAG (item 160034087923 end time Oct-03-06 15:38:37 PDT)
Your guess could very well be on the money, Gigi. The first Birkin she says is lined in Gulliver, but it's a 2006 bag. Even though Swift and Gulliver are the same, Hermes no longer uses the name Gulliver any longer.