What's your top 5 nail polish colours and your lemmings?

cheekypig

Polish Obssessed
Oct 17, 2008
If you just can't narrow it down to just 5, post your top 10! Briefly describe the colour and if so, post pics! :smile:
I don't have a huge collection, so this is just my top three! I'm a student, so I can't afford a lot of polishes!

My top three includes:

Suzi Says Da!
Beautiful deep roasted coffee-bean creme
>> Click for pic <<

Malaga Wine
Absolutely beautiful, rich blood red; fabulous!
>> Click for pic <<

OPI Bastille My Heart
Gorgeous magenta-toned burgundy red with wine shimmer
>> Click for pic <<

Lemmings:
OPI Yoga-ta Get this Blue
OPI You Don't Know Jacques

any nfu oh polishes, essie starry starry night (a blue glitter), and opi designer series extravangence (a lovely purple). I also must get opi can you dig it, a lovely purple creme (yum)! They are many more that I am desperate to get, but those are the ones that I mostly drool over.

If you just can't narrow it down to just 5, post your top 10! Briefly describe the colour and if so, post pics! :smile:
I don't have a huge collection, so this is just my top three! I'm a student, so I can't afford a lot of polishes!

My top three includes:

Suzi Says Da!
Beautiful deep roasted coffee-bean creme
>> Click for pic <<

Malaga Wine
Absolutely beautiful, rich blood red; fabulous!
>> Click for pic <<

OPI Bastille My Heart
Gorgeous magenta-toned burgundy red with wine shimmer
>> Click for pic <<

Lemmings:
OPI Yoga-ta Get this Blue
OPI You Don't Know Jacques

I'm wearing OPI Yoga-ta Get this Blue right now. Love it!

I have a ton of nail polish...so it's hard to decide.

1. Essie Mademoiselle (french mani favorite)
2. Chanel Vamp
3. China Glaze Ruby Pumps
4. OPI Hawaiian Orchid
5. OPI Lincoln Park After Dark

This is really tough since I own a ton of polishes, but for the moment, here are 4 of my picks (in no particular order):

China Glaze Emerald Sparkle - It's the perfect dark shade of green glitter

OPI Louvre Me, Louvre Me Not - I'm a purpleholic & this shimmering shade matches 2 of my Coach purses exactly

China Glaze Blue Sparrow - This is a pretty blue glitter polish that has lasted me almost 2 weeks now & I still has no chipping!

OPI Designer Series Royal - Sparkly purple! What's not to love?

1. CHanel- Kaleidoscope
2. OPI- Lincoln park after dark
3. OPI- I'm really not an waitress
4. China Glaze- Platinum silver
5. OPI- yoga-ta get this blue!
and so many more................ :]

Wow! I usually go natural but when they start getting long I will use polish until they get so long I have to cut them again then I go natural again. So...I just pick one out of my box. No idea what the names of the colors are! Mostly Loreal and Opi with some cheapie Love My Nails stuff (which wears longer than the expensive stuff, I swear!) Mostly taupes and reds.

My top 5 favorites are:

#5 - OPI "Significant Other Color"

SignificantOtherColor.jpg

I like this one because I can wear it over lots of dark colors, wear it alone or use it over French manicure tips. It's very versatile.

#4 - OPI "Dating a Royal"

StarryNightResized.jpg

I like that this color is flat, with no glitter or frost, and it's completely opaque with 2 coats. Sometimes I crave a plain color and I consider this a very simple/straightforward blue. (The bit of shimmer you see in the photo is the pink-tinted glittery clear I used for this design, not Dating a Royal.)

#3 - Sephora by OPI "A True Romantic"

1-13.jpg

This is my only "jelly" polish. I think it's really cute and subtle with only 1 coat. (Pictured is several coats.)

#2 - OPI "Gargantuan Green Grape"

3-13.jpg

This green is my favorite color in general, so I love this polish automatically.

#1 - China Glaze "Shower Together"

TealTipsPolkaDots.jpg

However, this is my favorite all-time polish because the color looks better on me than Gargantuan Green Grape. I had been forever in search of a teal polish to match my shirt in the photo, and when I found this at Sally's I almost did a backflip. :yahoo:

Top 5:

1. Essie Starry Starry Nights
2. OPI Parlez-vous OPI?
3. Chanel Black Satin, made in France version w/o shimmer
4. Rescue Beauty Lounge Teal
5. OPI Strawberry Margarita (for pedis)

The one polish I absolutely positively HAVE to have but cannot find is Chanel Night Sky.

I don't have a ton of polishes but have recently stocked up on a few I LOOOOVE!

Chanel Kaleidoscope
Chanel Fanastic
Chanel Vamp

I'm a newly-converted Chanel polish fan as these truly are worth every penny, go on beautifully and last a ton, and that is saying a lot as I am on a keyboard all day at work and skating a couple nights a week playing hockey.

Other recent new faves....from the Sephora/OPI collection
Metro Chic
Caffeine Fix
Don't Go There

My total busts? OPI polishes in general. I know it's criminal, but these colors, as fabulous as they are, totally chip/crack on me within a day or two no matter what. Bummer!

Hi asamiramirez,

I have this colour, too, but haven't worn it yet. Which colour would you recommend wearing underneath it to achieve the best true-to-bottle colour? White? Black? Something else? Or can I achieve the look below with just a few coats of the nail polish itself?

I wouldn't recommend wearing Significant Other Color by itself. The picture I posted before is four coats! Way to much work. :yes:

Karman took this great photo that shows Significant Other Color next to Parlez-Vous OPI? Here it is:

attachment.php

It's the perfect base for it!

I also think it looks super cute over dark red or dark purple tips for a more interesting French manicure:

SignificantOtherFrenchManicure.jpg