what was your very very first MJ? And do you still own it?

My first MJ was a Black Sophia in 2006. white contrast stitching and silver HW. I loved the look of it, but the 3 divided compartments, front zip pocket and two pushlock pockets and flat design didn't work for me, so I traded it for the Small MP in the same color combo. Used that for a bit, but it was too small and was always packed too full, but then sold it for the large version and it was just too uncomfortable/heavy with the single rolled strap, so I dove into Blakes whole-heartedly! I had 3 (or 4?) but no longer have any of them....

My first (and only MbMJ) was the elderberry Faridah with silver HW. Loved the color and the smooshy leather, but it was so big and deep, like a bottomless pit. Sold it to an MJ PF'er who I am not sure is a member here anymore (?)

My first MJ was a Venetia in Washed Rose. It was beautiful. A friend actually bought if from me a few years ago. Since then I've also owned a Stam in Icy Taupe which was stunning - alas it's also been sold since.

I've actually just acquired my first MBMJ - a Lil Riz Pleated Hobo in what I *think* is Concrete, and I'm waiting for a grey MBMJ Dr. Q Classic Groovee in the post (will post pics when it arrives...excitement)!

I'm also hunting down a pink Venetia...I just adore the Venetia style and would own one in every colour if my funds were unlimited!:graucho:

Blake in Taupe..I love the pink suede lining. I still have it. I rarely carry it, so it's still in excellent (smell new) condition. I've had it for 5 years now. I don't think I'll ever sale it.

My first was a pink Selma and I still own it but rarely carry it. I think the only reason I still have it is because 1. the suede didn't wear well and 2. I spent too much on a MJ collection necklace that matches it.

MbyMJ Quinn in black. Bought it in 2007 and have used it every day for weeks at the time. It's in excellent condition since the leather is such a great quality! The only thing that I'd improve is its flap - over the time, it has become slouchy.
I also have some other MJ purses from later collections, and none of them has such a great quality leather! Quinn is mos def a keeper :smile:

first MJ was a blue stardust python embossed small single!
Sadly, i sold it, missed it, and replaced it with another stardust python embossed small single- black this time! i still think about my first sometimes because that colour is so rare.. :sad:

my very first MJ (which i still have and cannot part with) is a resort '06 white chiffon quilted blake. i purchased it back in feb 2007 off the bay. i don't use it as much as my other MJ bags, but i sure do like looking at it! heehee... :P

Attachments

• blake.jpg
    blake.jpg
    117.2 KB · Views: 52