What do you collect? (other than handbags)

I'm a geek! LOL I collect state quarters. Its kind of hard living in Alaska, we don't see them too often only when the tourists come up in the summer. Besides the state quarters I also collect old coins. I think that's only because I work in a bank. I get to see them first and their so neat. So I trade them out.

I started collecting ERASERS (!?!?!) when I was about 6. I have know idea why it was just something i would do. I would take some of my alowance and go with my mom to Boswell's the local party store. Then I would buy 3 or 4 different types of erasers for about .30 each. I only have about three of the same one, otherwise they are all different. My eraser collecting practically stoped when I was 12, but I still have them all and I usually buy two or three a year from differnt countries, museums, castles, etc. that I go to. Right now I bet I have about 250 erasers. I still remember when i had my little friends over I would get out my box of erasers and tell them all the different stories about how I got them.

Weird, I know! Oh well at least I've grown out of it :biggrin: ! And I got to say, it has to be one of the cheapest things to collect (other than dirt or sand of course!!)

I'm a geek! LOL I collect state quarters. Its kind of hard living in Alaska, we don't see them too often only when the tourists come up in the summer. Besides the state quarters I also collect old coins. I think that's only because I work in a bank. I get to see them first and their so neat. So I trade them out.

My boyfriend collects those. He has that big US map with the holes and everything. He has all but seven states, so I'm always on the lookout for them.

there are machines that squish pennies into ovals and imprint a picture/name of the area you are visiting. hard to explain- but i collect those of places i've gone. they are a great souvenir!