Books & Music What Are You Reading ?

I am a book whore....I read like crazy. At the moment I'm on the last book of the collection "The gossip Girls" yes, I'm 37 and yes they are sooooo not in my age group....however, WHAT A BLAST I have had reading these books!

ayla said:
Maus is one of my most favourite books ever, I really like how the art highlights the differences between people.

In the past 2 weeks, I've kind of been on a binge, I've just finished reading: A Million Little Pieces, Angels and Demons, Freakonomics, The Devil Wears Prada, Bourne Identity and Apologies to Thucydides. I'm also reading Polybius' Histories as well as Livy's Ad Urbe Condita for school. Oh I need a nerd face smiley ! :lol:

Did you like Freakonomics? I'm thinking about reading that next?

I just finished "The Year of Magical Thinking" which is Joan Didion's personal story, written (as always) brilliantly by Ms. Didion - It may be a bit too sad for you younger girls - although I try to leave age relevency out of my life and this blog.

SuLi said:
Did you like Freakonomics? I'm thinking about reading that next?

it's super interesting, i read it about 6 months ago and made my boyfriend read it. if you like it, you'd like malcolm gladwell's books, 'blink' and 'tipping point.' i'm getting ready to read tipping point now since i should finish Maus tonight.

jc2239 said:
reading my property, constitutional law and criminal law casebooks.....somebody shoot me now :wacko:
I feel for you, I really do. My first year property law examine was harder than the NYS Bar!!

Right now, re-reading Memoirs of a Geisha and In Cold Blood, both for my book club. Also, reading the latest in the Traveling Pants series. :shame: :shame:

Who said they were reading the latest Diana Gabalon book??? I HATED the first. I bought the second, but cannot decide if I want to continue. Does the series get better?

divina_lucilla said:
i've read nearly all of his books.
he is my favourite author and philosopher.

*eep* you must be a smart girl then with alot of patience, because I just can't do it, I've tried and I wanted to be a smartie, but alas I have failed. hehe:shame:

I like Terry McMillan's books! And I read The Devil Wears Prada. I like Marian Keyes too. I usually read a "deeper" novel and a "fast food" novel at the same time..lol. Right now it's James Patterson's Four Blind Mice and She's Out of Control by Kristin Billerbeck. I listen to audiobooks at night before bed, too.

Oh- and Clinical Anatomy & Physiology for Veterinary Technicians...almost finished with this one!!