Watch out for sellers who do this trick to raise their feedback!

I doubt it. What am I going to tell eBay, this person is bidding on one cent items? It's obviously not against the rules.

I reported a seller to ebay who was doing this. I had previously bought a chanel necklace from her (which turned out to be fake). She then got suspended and then set up a new account (with a different name) and got loads of feedback quickly by buying 1p auctions.

I then reported her again to ebay who suspended her again..... so I think if you can prove your scarf was fake - I would report her to ebay initially for that reason but then also ask them to look at how she is increasing her feedback.

I've seen this before with sellers selling fakes. They start off with buying .01 auctions to get enough feedbacks to gain the trust of poor innocent buyers to sell them fakes claiming it'a authentic. I always do my research first.

hmm, I guess there is reasoning behind ebay's 21-day funds hold (for items in certain categories). Not just for sellers with 100 or less feedback, but also sellers with 60-day or newer accounts.

There are tons of 99 cent e-book auctions too! They've been around for years. Usually a new counterfeit seller will purchase wallpapers and e-book and within a month get the positive feedback up to 10+ and then start listing fakes with BIN. Sometimes they register multiple accounts and buy from each other too.