Watch out for sellers who do this trick to raise their feedback!

lorihmatthews

A taste for the arts
O.G.
Oct 7, 2006
I had a bad experience recently with a seller who sold me a fake Alexander McQueen scarf. Recently I saw that her overall feedback score had skyrocketed (all positive feedback, which of course buried her recent accusations of buyers like me who said she sells fakes). Most of the auctions were private so I couldn't see what it was she was buying and selling to raise her feedback.

I believe it was our dear member Speedy who noted this earlier. The seller who sold me the fake scarf is boosting her feedback score by purchasing and selling large quantities of one cent auctions -- mostly wallpaper for your computer.

If you come across any buyer or seller who has multiple transactions for one cent auctions, be careful. They may be trying to boost their FB scores so they look more reputable.

Wait everyone, I love to sell on Ebay and I love the excitement of an auction and 99% of my auctions start at one cent. This is not to increase my positives, but because it is how I think real auctions should be: one cent and no reserve.

my friend had a similar issues with a seller about a year ago. she receive a damaged item and had a hard time with the seller when disputing the matter. she later did some snooping and found out that her seller (who had only a handful of sketchy feedback) was listing items and having "friends" bid and buy so she could boost her feedback.