WARNING!! RUE LA LA Sold FAKE FENDI! OMG!!

i think i might have upset the Rue La La tweeter.
After reading this post - i tweeted "that sucks that ruelala has been selling fake fendi bags"

they @ me back saying that is not true. feel free to contact their help section blah blah blah :rolleyes: so I sent them a link to this thread and they replied with "we stand by everything we sell, and we also offer 100% cash back to our Members for any reason"

Of course these sites are not going to publicly admit it if they sold a fake - even if unintentionally, it would be a media circus. My guess is though that they will discontinue buying from whatever wholesaler sold them the supposed authentic Fendi's in the first place. It is interesting with the Cartier/Hautelook lawsuit that is going on...let's see if all the sample sale sites don't start becoming more careful about buying from authorized dealers. Right after that lawsuit was announced I saw that Editor's Closet had Cartier watches on sale and thought, duh, have they learned nothing?! I have to wonder if sometimes they don't get overstock from larger department store retailers like a Nordstrom - in that case you would think all items would be 100% authentic but could someone have returned a fake to a store like that? Sure... I suppose so. It warrants further investigation. I have a few contacts at some of these sites and I'll reach out and find out more.... to be continued.

This whole thing does not surprise me. Recently RLL partnered with Mad Ave Couture, for a designer bag sale. I would like to know if anyone got something suspect from that sale. I've bought BV from RLL (in 2009) and all have been authentic.

Unfortunately that can happen when you purchase online through sites that have no affiliation to luxury brands. I have been researching on line and found fakes not only with cards and serial numbers nut "receipts" too. Too many dishonest people willing to take someone's hard earned money!

can one tell me if they received "fake" jeans from Rue La La. I ordered a pair of Rock & Republic jeans & the ones that were delivered from Rue La La do not have the authenticity tag that my other Rock & Republic have. I am so disappointed. Plus, my credit card was compromised very shortly after this transaction. I'd like to know if anyone else had any issues with Rue La La.

I just received a beautiful pair of Tom Ford Anouk sunglasses from RLL - - unfortunately they are damaged...when i first inspected them i thought they seemed a bit off..upon further inspection i found that the Tom Ford stamp on the bottom arm of the glasses was double stamped (looked very slopy and fake) - Very upset that RLL would send out merchendise like this...wont be buying from them again! :sad:

I just want to preface the above posts that they were from situations in 2009 & 2010.

I had a bad experience with Rock & Republic either through RLL or HauteLook (can't remember which) but was told that they were selling off seconds so that's why they may not have been perfect.

I've also purchased a Chanel bag through RLL that had rust stains although it was "guaranteed never carried" and I was able to return it for a full refund to my CC (it was final sale)

I think their customer service is great but I agree that everyone should stay vigilant

RLL & Hautelook unfortunately don't have "experts" or "authenticators" with

regard to vintage items....they just simply take the word of the people

they get the merchandise from.. so really not surprised to hear this... any

especially their Chanel items don't also appear to be what they say...

Thank God I saw this thread. I was so excited to see a Fendi event today on Rue La La, and impulsively purchased the bag of my dreams (Black Fendi Peekaboo, small satchel) at a nice price. After the fact, upon closer inspection, I started to have doubts about authenticity, and checked here. Thank goodness, not too late to cancel my order!
Thank you Purse Forum!!!!!

Please do more of these threads for all designers that they sell handbags, for any site like this. I cannot believe this. we have to be on top of this 'watching for fake designer handbags' all the time now. because we can't even trust well known sites anymore. I might as well. go to consignment shops in NYC that know what they sell. before going on sites like these.

this really is awful. I am going to get rid of hautelook and RLL. I cannot take a chance of sporting a fake and not knowing it. because I didn't bother to look. because the sites are suppose to be great, when they aren't. and I know how to spot fakes to.

thank you for this thread. it will help a lot of people.

I'm a regular shopper on RLL, and I love RLL. Out of all these member-only shopping sites, I think I trust it the most. Too bad that such thing happened, I guess I will be extra careful from now on when purchasing from these sites online.

P.S. I bought Chloe, Tom Ford, Balenciaga sunglasses from HauteLook and Beyond The Rack. Anyone know how I can find out if they are authentic? I started to be really worried about their authenticity. :help:

The thought that I may have been wearing fake sunglasses is really killing me. :faint: