Vintage LV CLUB !

I have been looking forever for the"tucky lock" speedys. I've seen few, mostly on bags that were kinda trashed. I would love to find a smaller speedy with a tucky lock,( I have the 30)
Those "Tucky Lock" Speedys are from the French Company, and IMO are better because of the leather strip on the bottom than the speedys that are one continuous piece of material. Doesn't seem to slump so much in the middle when it has stuff in it. I found my first, a 25, on EBay, and if you use the authentication thread, you can find a nice one at a decent price. Good luck, I'm looking to add a FC 30 to my collection, as the 25 is too small for me now.:wlae:

I saw a small speedy (25) with a "tucky" out of Florida just the other day. I don't know if it's still available. Any you're right, they are hard to find
Been looking for one myself(I have a Speedy 30 w/tucky)

i have the same! I can't find the heatstamp...did the lv's come with heatstamps then? also...i got mine for $120...how much would they retail for now? I'm just curious:yes:

There is no retail now for a french company mono speedy. They are no longer made. You can only buy them vintage. The French Company is still in business, and makes "speedy-style" bags still, but they are no longer under license with LV, so cannot use LV canvas. $120.00 would be a fantastic price for a french company speedy, especially in good condition.

The French Company's website is: frenchluggage.com

Here's a copy of one of their speedys:

The traditional black speedy with vachetta handles is part of their classique noir collections and can't be ordered "online," but can be over the phone. The speedy 25 is their 10 inch version and the 12 inch is their version of the Speedy 30. They go for about $99-$103, I think. I like their Kalahari collection carryall - cute.

Their hatboxes are really really cute for travel.

The nicest site I've found that has great pictures of french company bags and luggage is:

http://www.classicluggage.com/THE_FRENCH_COMPANY50488.html

Here's their black speedy with vachetta handles. It really is cute.

FrenchClassiqueSacocheTrans.gif

Hi folks,

I'm new to the club.

I bought my first LV's around 1989-1991

One was this bag - can anyone tell me the name of it? I used it as a briefcase years ago, now I hate to have it sitting on the shelf, so I use it as a bit large "Kelly Bag" style (shape reminds me of that)

What do the experts say? Who is she? I know the photos are somewhat duplicate, oh well, I am new to posting pics, too.

It's Beverly M51121 :tup:

Found this at a consignment shop! I never would have purchased her new, but irl, I think she's absolutely perfect! I love the cross body, the size...everything! What a find!

1989 Amazone (The handle looks brand new. THere is a lot of beautiful patina and the bag is in amazing shape for 20 years old! A bit of oxidation on the brass when purchased, but it wiped right off!)
attachment.php

Attachments

• lv.jpg
    lv.jpg
    138.8 KB · Views: 5,011
Reactions: GucciLouisFendiOhMy
Found this at a consignment shop! I never would have purchased her new, but irl, I think she's absolutely perfect! I love the cross body, the size...everything! What a find!

1989 Amazone (The handle looks brand new. THere is a lot of beautiful patina and the bag is in amazing shape for 20 years old! A bit of oxidation on the brass when purchased, but it wiped right off!)
attachment.php

You know what, i think this is just the freakiest thing! I have an April 1987 Amazone. I tried checking out stuff about it here. I first came across your post in the authentication thread, where you talked about the missing zip pull, the oxidation on the rivets, and i was like, holy cow! why does that seem so familiar! my amazone is also missing a zip pull, from the front compartment, and there were green stuff near the top part of the rivets!

and most of all, one thing i've always wondered about, was the leather part where the strap is attached isn't as dark as the other leather parts! and i can see yours is too!

i hope to post pic soon! it's just such a nice thought! :yahoo: