Vache Liegee Owners

I would like to know from others who have a VL bag whether it comes lined in another leather. I am concerned that if I carry my massive bunch of keys around it will do a lot of damage so I will have to buy an Hermes key pouch as well. It all has to be factored into the cost.

I nipped off and took a few pics for you:

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

VIPS info: http://tintamar.com/vip.html

Attachments

• insidekelly.jpg
    insidekelly.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 294
  • insidekelly2.jpg
    insidekelly2.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 341
  • insidekelly3.jpg
    insidekelly3.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 341
  • insidekelly4.jpg
    insidekelly4.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 345
Thanks allaboutnice - I think I'll stump up for another accessory as well. Pictures will be posted in due course.
Many thanks to everyone in this thread - I had thought VL might be the ugly sister among the leathers as it is so rarely mentioned.

Oooh! Just seen your pictures - wow isn't the colour gorgeous? The texture of the leather seems as if it is intended to be matte but always has a sheen to it as well. And those VIP inserts are such a wonderful idea, especially as I shall be using my bag for business and must stay organised. Thanks for sharing.

i've seen a noisette birkin in VL and a gold VL kelly and i thought the leather was a little "dry" ... but it did seem very durable. to me the bags were a bit heavy as well.

gosh, i didn't know that the vl thread would be the "we don't like epsom" thread :sad: my epsom birkie is a bit offended but i'll try not to take it personally ;) :biggrin:

i like vl and epsom because they are rigid (as well as box, still my favorite leather), i dont' like slouchy looking birkins, they look sloppy to me. just my opinion!

I have been awfully happy with my black VL birkin. I also think slouch may not be for me. But then again, maybe when I begin my search for a "color" birkin, I may feel differently. But for a neutral (black), workhorse that I don't worry about...VL was the right choice for me!

Sellmysoul, Do you happen to have any pics of your black VL birkin?

Oh, yes, Sellmysoul, please post if you do! A black VL Birkin is what I have on request with my boutique and I'd love to see a picture of one. Both of my VL bags are Bolides which I love in part because they don't slouch. I am like piglet, slouchy Birkins look sloppy to me.

Hi Kellybag,

I think the gold VL looks great on any Kelly sellier or Birkin with contrast white stitching and palladium hardware. I simply adore my Kelly Depeche and travel Birkin in this combination.

J.

I was holding my gold togo Picotin aginst my gold VL Kelly yesterday and comparing the 2 leathers. IMHO, the VL looks like a 'female' version of the 'male' togo. The natural grain is smaller, flatter, lighter (in colour and weight) and dewier - a slight sheen like she's wearing Chanel Vitalumiere makeup, LOL. To continue with this analogy, she has developed some very soft curves while keeping her figure. It's a lovely leather, a good choice for someone who wants a slight natural grain and not completely matte - in gold, it comes up the colour of light caramel or honey.

Here are several shots of my black VL (size 30). The lighting could be better. I moved it around the house looking for better natural light. I hope this helps!

If I can take any more angles etc. let me know!

Attachments

• DSCF0871.JPG
    DSCF0871.JPG
    30 KB · Views: 188
  • DSCF0872.JPG
    DSCF0872.JPG
    39.9 KB · Views: 176
  • DSCF0876-2.JPG
    DSCF0876-2.JPG
    31.3 KB · Views: 144
  • DSCF0877.JPG
    DSCF0877.JPG