Vache Liegee Owners

...um....one other thing......I forgot to mention that I've got a Vespa bag in Epson (I know it's not VL but it's CLOSE) that I toss on while I'm at work (pretty handy for toting around small work things, like pens, business cards, measuring tape......) anyway, I noticed that the edges/corners of this bag have rubbed and the color is off..........anyone have the same experience? AND would this same thing happen with Vache Liegee???????

I've seen it up close and personal a number of times and each time I see/handle it I'm hoping will be the time I fall in love with it.....but.......hasn't happened yet.

It reminds me too much of Epson which I do not like.......has the same properties with the addition of being some-what two toned in color. I don't care for it and have passed on bags I might have been tempted to buy simply because of this leather. (please don't fry me V-L lovers of the world.....) .....(no throwing tomatoes, either!!!)

Ditto!!!!
Also, I believe this leather would be difficult to refurbish because the dye process produces a "hill-valley" type of grain in which the "hills" are quite a bit more saturated with color than the "valleys."
I prefer leathers that have a more souple, rich hand.

I've handled a Bolide in VL--Rouge H appears significantly darker in this skin btw--it was very lightweight compared to the Clemence ones I was trying on. I think that the stiffness of the leather and the sheen would make it a nice alternative to Chevre Mysore and would look lovely in a Kelly or other structured bag. Might make a 30cm appear extra small due to the stiffness since the sides won't pudge out as nicely when worn open.

I'd be very interested to hear how it handles wear in the long-term from some VL owners!

I was told by a craftsman that it is becoming a favourite......perhaps that's because I was looking a a VL Birkin at the time, and he thought I might buy it. It didn't really appeal to me, except for the stories of durability ad longevity. Longevity comparible to boxcalf, apparently. In gold, it was quite pale (compared to gols in say, togo). i also thought it had a slight 'pinkish' cast to it, but it may have been the store lighting.

I have not fallen for this leather yet. I have had some of the same feelings that the others expressed. A VL Birkin was one of the bags that I turned down this year -- it tough (rigid), color was a bit lifeless and it just didn;t grab me. That being said, the manager of my Hermes has a Kelly in VL and I trust her opinions immensely. She didn't elaborate much beyond liking the durability and rigidity, but I do know that this leather certainly does appeal to some experts.

My thoughts are very similar to those above. I'm not a VL lover in general, yet I own a VL Kelly which I really LOVE!

a) I think the leather looks slightly better in Kellys (particularly sellier ones) for some reason. It looks crisp and clean.

b) My opinion is greatly influenced by which color you're talking about in VL. The Gold does take on a slight pinkish hue and is nothing like Gold in most other leathers. But some of the other colors look particularly rich and elegant in it, so it varies.

c) It seems to hold up amazingly well. I'd definitely consider it for a bag that you want to use as a workhorse - it doesn't seem to show any signs of wear whatsoever.

I'd never compare it to Epsom, which I hate (sorry!!!!) with a passion. IMO, it serves some purposes well, so it's worth considering certain bags in it rather than automatically dismissing them. Some are much prettier than others. That said, it will probably never top anyone's list of all-time favorite leathers and I totally don't get the massive price premium.

Wow! This is interesting information! Thank you everyone for sharing!
I don't have a VL-anything yet, but I've seen and touched one IRL at the local Hermes store (32cm kelly in noisette). Frankly, I LOVE IT! It doesn't feel thick, looks great, is lightweight and takes on color very well. I haven't seen an epsom IRL, so I don't know how it compares. But I compared it side by side with the Swift Havane and I do like VL very much.

i have a VL black 30 cm birkin and IMO the leather is just gorgeous, looks very durable, not that stiff at all and holds shape rather well and is light weight. although its fairly new i believe it will age beautifully and is low maintenance too no babying for this baby.:yahoo:
i hope ASPEN will give her two cents worth because i think she is one of the fans of VL in this forum:heart: :love:

I tried to like this leather for the sake of a Noisette Plume 28 (abundance of Noisette VL in stores lately) but can't. It's just too stiff, feels and looks too artificial. Maybe someday I'll come around.

i have a VL black 30 cm birkin and IMO the leather is just gorgeous, looks very durable, not that stiff at all and holds shape rather well and is light weight. although its fairly new i believe it will age beautifully and is low maintenance too no babying for this baby.:yahoo:
i hope ASPEN will give her two cents worth because i think she is one of the fans of VL in this forum:heart: :love:

I second to U:jammin: :wlae: :wlae: