UK Chanel Club

Anyone knows the price of Jumbo flap with an old chain? Let me know asap, please. My budget is around 1,200 GBP and I wanna make sure it is enough to buy one.

Vicky, have you called up the stores to see if they have any jumbos in pink? Whenever I go to Selfridges and they open up the drawers I always see pink flaps, but I never checkedd what size flaps they were.

Yes Vicky best bet is to call. When you go in the stores it is always limited stock out you really need to get a good SA who is willing to search through all the drawers.

Good luck and keep us posted - a yummy pink flap would be amazing!

Jdee thanks for the heads up. I saw your post on the authenticate thread... mmmm curious huh. I was just saying to another pfer that don't you think if these stores were legit and the real deal would they not be plastered over all the glossy magazines as the place to be?? Something doesn't quite add up. Your comment about one of the "siblings" saying that one of the Chanel SA said was fake does make me worry - mmmmm more investigation required I feel.

Thnx secret_shopoholic, the 'real deal plastered all over the glossy mags' comment makes sense! :smile: I think I'm gonna give it a pass.

This is the most AMAZING thread! It is so great to finally find a UK thread. Ladies, I live 5 minutes away from Selfridges so am always popping in there. Please let me know if you're looking for something and I'll keep an eye out for you.
Selfridges and Bond Street both have the timeless clutch in black lambskin. I managed to get the one in off-white but that was at Heathrow Terminal 3 a couple of months ago.
The SA at Selfridges told me that they're expecting a new shipment in next week - I suspect its the Cruise Collection. They said they'd call me when it comes in. Will definitely update everyone.

This is the most AMAZING thread! It is so great to finally find a UK thread. Ladies, I live 5 minutes away from Selfridges so am always popping in there. Please let me know if you're looking for something and I'll keep an eye out for you.
Selfridges and Bond Street both have the timeless clutch in black lambskin. I managed to get the one in off-white but that was at Heathrow Terminal 3 a couple of months ago.
The SA at Selfridges told me that they're expecting a new shipment in next week - I suspect its the Cruise Collection. They said they'd call me when it comes in. Will definitely update everyone.
OMG!! I also live round the corner from selfridges!!!! and i'm a mad chanel shopper!!! lurvvvvvve chanel.. !!!

oooh yes, it would be amazing if you could let us know next week what is coming into selfridges, and do you really think they have some pink flaps in the drawers hee hee ;) ???

They do have a flap there in a very light shade of pink. It's lambskin with silver hardware. It's not exactly pink, more of a nude. I nearly bought it BUT because of the finish of the leather and the very, very light colour, even the slightest bit of pressure will darken the colour of the leather, making it look like stains. It disappears after a few hours but makes the bag look really dirty. I actually bought the one in the cloudy blue (like a greyish blue) from the same collection (S/S 07 I think) but returned it because paying GBP1,135 for a bag that looks dirty all the time is just not worth it in my opinion.
Oh yea, the SA at Sloane St told me that they were discontinuing the classic pinks but I'm not sure how true that is because I read in one of the threads in PF that that would be one of the colours for Spring 08.

They do have a flap there in a very light shade of pink. It's lambskin with silver hardware. It's not exactly pink, more of a nude. I nearly bought it BUT because of the finish of the leather and the very, very light colour, even the slightest bit of pressure will darken the colour of the leather, making it look like stains. It disappears after a few hours but makes the bag look really dirty. I actually bought the one in the cloudy blue (like a greyish blue) from the same collection (S/S 07 I think) but returned it because paying GBP1,135 for a bag that looks dirty all the time is just not worth it in my opinion.
Oh yea, the SA at Sloane St told me that they were discontinuing the classic pinks but I'm not sure how true that is because I read in one of the threads in PF that that would be one of the colours for Spring 08.

:tdown: Don't believe them as UK SAs are always lack of any knowledges and most of them are unhelpful.

Hi Ladies!
I hope there is room for one more on this thread. I'm holding off until after my first child arrives in December to pick up some new suits, bags etc...it feels like such a long wait!
In any case I live about 15 seconds from Harrods so if anybody needs an investigator in the neighborhood, I'm in there most days. I think Brompton Cross has the best selection and sales people though...does anybody else find the SAs at Sloane St. particularly unfriendly?! :confused1: