Travel beauty regimen

Fo you have dedicated travel beauty bags?
If general ?, for all:
I usually have big ziploc plastic bag.
And quart bag airlines require for liquids, etc.
But, just got a nylon toiletry case. With a hanging hook. To try.
So far, the multiple storage pockets organize nicely.
Though I cannot see what is inside them.
So must dig through, searching.
Some clear bag days nostalgia happening.
Time will tell if new toiletry bag stays or goes.
Still need separate plastic quart bag, on flights, of course.

I'm faithful to my routine. I travel for work and have found little apothecary jars work for me. You can get them easily on Amazon or a at health food stores. The only thing I change is my shampoo/conditioner. I figure it's good to switch that up once in a while anyway. For travel I use a Godiva bar from Lush.

My routine pretty much stays the same as when I'm home. Skin care-wise I put my cleanser and exfoliant in travel sized bottles, my moisturizer and face sunblock are below the 100 ml size limit so they fit nicely as they are. Makeup-wise I only have a couple liquid products: face primer, eyelid primer, mascara and concealer (they're all tiny), together with the liquid skin care products they fit neatly in a quart-sized see through bag. I actually have a quart sized zipper bag as the zip locks you get at the airport are smaller than a quart! Also saves me the hassle of repacking stuff before security, stressing at the airport is never fun. The non-liquid stuff, together with travel sized versions of everything else (razor, nail clippers, toothbrush etc) go in two small cosmetic bags: one for toiletries and one for makeup.

I try to use as few liquid products as possible when traveling, so I have a stick deodorant and shampoo in bar form. Can't deal with dry/powder toothpaste though, so I usually pack a travel sized toothpaste and also a travel sized hand lotion. I always keep my cosmetics in my hand luggage, but if I'm checking a bag I'll pack hairspray and sunblock in that one, if I'm not checking a bag I'll buy what I need it at the destination. I use way too much sunblock for travel sized ones to be enough!

Just an odd question - do samples containing liquids have to be in the same zip loc as the other liquids? I am mainly bringing samples and packing some liquids and I just want to make sure .

Just an odd question - do samples containing liquids have to be in the same zip loc as the other liquids? I am mainly bringing samples and packing some liquids and I just want to make sure .
Anything with liquid in your carry-on is supposed to be in the 3-1-1 bag regardless of size. That being said, I put small things where I want sometimes and they hardly notice, YMMV

Reactions: Shopmore
My regimen stays the same at home and on travel. My routine is pretty simple and I consolidate into small containers or buy minis to make life easier. I also look for things like the dove facial cleansing cloths so I don't have to take face soap plus it doesn't need to be in my 3-1-1 bag. I also have deodorant wipes, makeup remover wipes, sheet masks, solid perfume, eye makeup remover swabs and the like to reduce liquids. I try to find multi-purpose items as well - I use body oil which can double as makeup remover or moisturizer or hand moisturizer.

I am on vacation at the moment and this is what I use: a freebie travel set with samples. I do wish more cosmetic companies offered that option, as in really useful travel sets for our skin type and weather. In skiing travel set, beach holiday, city break etc...

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    200.9 KB · Views: 166
I am on vacation at the moment and this is what I use: a freebie travel set with samples. I do wish more cosmetic companies offered that option, as in really useful travel sets for our skin type and weather. In skiing travel set, beach holiday, city break etc...
that's nice
I have a travel case that I keep stocked with a lot of my things. I refill cleanser, mouthwash. But still pack a lot of my everyday products into the case as well - brushes, makeup, etc.

My skin care regimen stays the same, including chemical exfoliants and sheet masks. In fact, depending on the weather, I might bring more products than I would use at home. I live in a tropical country, so going anywhere cold will call for more heavier duty moisturizers. I just buy small travel bottles from Muji or our local version of it and decant accordingly. But I don't bring all of my make up with me. I'll narrow it down to one blush shade and maybe 2 or 3 lipsticks.

On the plane, I'll put on a sleeping mask if it's a long haul flight.

i buy minis of my regular products or fill travel bottles with my regular stuff. i do wear less makeup on vacay/travel and leave most makeup products behind altogether. sometimes i will buy products where i am, but only if i already know the brands are represented overseas and readily available. i have super clear skin and freak out without my own stuff on hand, so i rarely deviate when away from home. and when i do.. i get very freaked out :annoyed:

Fo you have dedicated travel beauty bags?
I have dedicated travel bags, yes. When I pack for trips I have what some might consider a (weird) three bag system simply because I like to keep things "separated". My makeup one is separate from my liquids and my "toiletries" like face wipes, dental stuff, razor, etc., so that I can put my liquids through the security screening without issue, and then my makeup is easier to take in and out of the hotel bathroom if I need to do that in the other room, like if DH has to shower or go to the bathroom, or if I am on a girl's trip and it's 4 of us sharing it so I am not taking over the place. I used to try to get it all in one big bag save for liquids, but then I'd have to grab it all and it was a pain.

The Lima bag works really well for what I pack normally makeup wise, but if I were to pack a palette, most of the ones I own (or my small z-palette) fits just fine in the larger compartment under my brush roll. I keep what's in there pretty streamlined normally, just my "everyday" face plus maybe two extra shadows that allow me to change it up, as well as a more intense liner, and a more intense mascara, so that if we're traveling for a wedding, I have the ability to smoke it up. My brush roll contains everything I'd use at home, just a restrained version, like 1 of each type, vs multiples of each type, plus my brow pencil and eyeliner pencils.

Here are all three of my bags together. Since I pack pretty streamlined, all my clothes in a packing cube from Flight001, it all arranges in my spinner perfectly, and after security, I just stick the liquids bag right inside the spinner.

JobQuSI.jpg

open:
Tt2dIcG.jpg

The makeup one is this Tumi Lima kit (mine is a couple seasons ago, so it's a different shade, but damn I love that navy...):
RHDVVaP.jpg

http://www.tumi.com/p/lima-travel-toiletry-kit-0481846IND

And the toiletry one is the Tumi Monaco kit (mine is teal, and again...damn I love that navy!) :

http://www.tumi.com/p/monaco-travel-kit-0481848INDF

The liquids bag is from Blue Avocado, and I got mine at Container Store.

kFzua0i.jpg

http://www.blueavocado.com/products/re_zip_zippered_travel_quart-167-34.html

Reactions: ladysarah
I have dedicated travel bags, yes. When I pack for trips I have what some might consider a (weird) three bag system simply because I like to keep things "separated". My makeup one is separate from my liquids and my "toiletries" like face wipes, dental stuff, razor, etc., so that I can put my liquids through the security screening without issue, and then my makeup is easier to take in and out of the hotel bathroom if I need to do that in the other room, like if DH has to shower or go to the bathroom, or if I am on a girl's trip and it's 4 of us sharing it so I am not taking over the place. I used to try to get it all in one big bag save for liquids, but then I'd have to grab it all and it was a pain.

The Lima bag works really well for what I pack normally makeup wise, but if I were to pack a palette, most of the ones I own (or my small z-palette) fits just fine in the larger compartment under my brush roll. I keep what's in there pretty streamlined normally, just my "everyday" face plus maybe two extra shadows that allow me to change it up, as well as a more intense liner, and a more intense mascara, so that if we're traveling for a wedding, I have the ability to smoke it up. My brush roll contains everything I'd use at home, just a restrained version, like 1 of each type, vs multiples of each type, plus my brow pencil and eyeliner pencils.

Here are all three of my bags together. Since I pack pretty streamlined, all my clothes in a packing cube from Flight001, it all arranges in my spinner perfectly, and after security, I just stick the liquids bag right inside the spinner.

View attachment 3436204

open:
View attachment 3436205

The makeup one is this Tumi Lima kit (mine is a couple seasons ago, so it's a different shade, but damn I love that navy...):
View attachment 3436208

http://www.tumi.com/p/lima-travel-toiletry-kit-0481846IND

And the toiletry one is the Tumi Monaco kit (mine is teal, and again...damn I love that navy!) :

http://www.tumi.com/p/monaco-travel-kit-0481848INDF

The liquids bag is from Blue Avocado, and I got mine at Container Store.

View attachment 3436218

http://www.blueavocado.com/products/re_zip_zippered_travel_quart-167-34.html
Such great info! Love the organised packing cubes.

Reactions: ame
Such great info! Love the organised packing cubes.
Glad it was helpful! Travel "stuff" is kryptonite for me. I just cannot stay away from it. I am always on a mission to do it better, streamline it, and every trip is a "ok next time I will do THIS this way." I am always playing tetris with my stuff.

I have a clear bag from Muji which I think is a tiny bit over regulation size but 99% of the time I get away with it. If not, then I play Tetris with the plastic bag they then give me to shove my stuff into, and remove oversized caps off pump bottles to demonstrate it all fits :biggrin: I don't change my routine at all, but obviously bring things like sunscreen for my body if going somewhere warm etc. I decant my cleanser and toner into smaller tubes from Muji, the rest is all below 100 ml and I worry the ingredients would be sensitive to air so I keep them in their original packaging.

Reactions: ame