tPF Book Club: We've chosen our first book!

i'd like to join the book club! i'll see if i can pick up the book sometime this week.

i haven't been to any book clubs.. so.. hmm.. how does this thing go?

Twisted,

We're basically going to be reading the book together and then discussing what we read as we go along! We're not on a schedule, so whenever you read something you feel like commenting on, you just come to the designated thread (will be posted in a few days) and write!

If anybody has any other ideas of how we can run this, please feel free to let me know :biggrin:

I'm so disappointed that this type of book was chosen. :sad: Have fun, guys. I suppose I could get in the next time around.

Sorry Aslan, hopefully the next one you will like...none of the books really struck a cord with me either, but I didn't recommend any either, so I am happy to go along with the gang.

back on topic...1 month sounds good :smile: I will pick it up in the next couple of days :smile:

If anybody has any other ideas of how we can run this, please feel free to let me know :biggrin:

I have never been part of a book club, but I think sometimes after reading a few chapters (or the whole book) you get together and discuss what went on or if there was a really funny part that stood out people can comment on what they liked or didn't like about that part. I actually just finished a book where the main character was part of a book club and the members got together once a week after reading specific chapters and they discussed what happened so far and what they project will be the outcome.

Just thought I would try to help out! Like I said I have never participated in a book club, so I may be way off!! (hopefully not by too much!!)

I can't wait for it to start, I think this was a really good idea!

omg... what a coincidence! i didn't even know about the tpf book club... but i recently borrowed this book from my cousin, and am about 1/3 of the way into it! LOL... it's pretty funny so far. :smile: