tPF Book Club: We've chosen our first book!

1. Alright guys, voting has ended in this thread, and the winner is....

[​IMG]

Bitter is the New Black, by Jen Lancaster!

:woohoo:

The votes were pretty close, with only one vote between Bitter is the New Black and Au Paris!

So, for all those wishing to participate time to start ordering / borrowing / checking out the book so that we can start on (or around) October 1. I will be opening the thread on the 30th of Sept since I will be busy on the 1st of October (classes start again, eew!)

Here are a bunch of Amazon sellers that are selling the book for less than retail!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/0451217608/ref=dp_olp_1/103-7196679-7425437

So, now on to a few logistical things:

• How long should we let this one run for? 1 month? 2 months?? What do you think?
    • A thread will be opened on 30 Sept where we can begin discussing the book.
    • For those who voted in the poll, you are in no way obligated to participate. This is just for fun for those who like to read :smile:
    Leave any questions, comments, tips, suggestions here! :heart:

2. Oh, this is going to be fun! I ordered my copy from www.Amazon.com

I've never been in a book club before, but I'm an avid reader and am really looking forward to this!

I'll watch for the new thread on Sept. 30.

3. I have never been in a book club either but I would love to join. I am going to get my copy this week and will be on the look out for the thread on the 30th!

How fun will this be?!

I think we should have at least a month...I get kind of busy sometimes and reading sometimes takes a backseat...lets say at least a month!

Can't wait!!!

4. ^
    I think a month sounds good too.

5. I'd say one month for this one.

6. I was thinking that one month would be good too! Wheeee, can't wait to get started :biggrin:

7. Just ordered the book from amazon. Can't wait to get started!

8. ^ Same here!

It's on backorder on the German Amazon, so I ordered it from a marketplace seller - hopefully it will be here in time!

9. Oh I may have to join you all!! Sounds like fun to me!

10. gonna go get the book. I think a month sounds good. cant wait to get started!

11. Count me in! Just ordered from Amazon!

12. Shoot, I can't find a place nearby that sells this book, but I don't feel like ordering it all the way from Amazon either... I'll participate next time, but I'll check the library in the city nearby! They might have it, and this book sounds great!

13. I'm so disappointed that this type of book was chosen. :sad: Have fun, guys. I suppose I could get in the next time around.

14. This book has been sitting in my closet! Im ready!! How fun!

15. Sorry Aslan, maybe next time around!!

What type of book were you rooting for? Any one in particular?