Tech The SIMS 3

I have to say I don't miss TS2 sims @ all they just don't look right to me at all anymore. There are loads of slider hacks available on mts(mod the sims). I think the slider hacks make the sims look more unique in TS3. October 26th is the release of Latenight and the console version of TS3 while I wouldn't mind getting the console version of TS3 I don't like that you wouldn't be able to Add CC to the console version of TS3.

Overall I like the sims 3 game but there are some things from the sims 2 game I really miss. Is it really true if you live in a house and let your kids move out then the computer will continue to play them and you'll never be able to control them again? If so then that sucks!

The late night ep sounds cool, however I really need Pets and Seasons for Sims 3. Oh and I miss the Sims 1 Megastar ep! I loved that one!

My favorite site is thesimsresource.com, because it's the only site where you can download sims3.packages (I don't get how to make zip file downloads work in sims3). Unfortunately the best downloads are with costs. Another great site is Modthesims.info.

I got Sims 3 for PS3 yesterday... prepared my husband beforehand to have to deal with me glued to the PS3 for hours that night when he got home and honestly? I played it for about an hour while my daughter was taking a nap in the afternoon... and I haven't gotten back to it. I think I'm on my way back downstairs to give it another try right now.

I hadn't played Sims 3 for PC (my laptop is about an inch away from exploding trying to compute Sims 2 & it's expansion packs... Sims 3 would have been too much for it), so I wasn't sure what to expect. I was a wee bit disappointed. I had gotten used to the controls with the PC version of Sims 2, and I was kind of clumsy moving through the controls of Sims 3 for console. I'm sure that will come with time and more practice. There didn't seem to be as much going on as I had anticipated? And I haven't figured out yet if I can add in more houses, etc. to the landscape of the town... if I can't that is going to be a HUGE bummer. It's pretty small.

Also, with the starter family I made to try out the game with, I made 4 characters... two young adults (simply because that was the default that the Sims came up in) and two adults. I couldn't get the relationships to sync up so that they were parents & children - and didn't want to have to go back in and edit the characters at that point. I just wanted to get to trying out the game. I had to make the young adults siblings of one of the adults. I'm not sure if that is an age thing, if I would have made them toddlers/children if they would have been able to be children of the adults - but that is something I want to play around with today when I play it again.

I'm sure there has to be a ton of features that I haven't discovered yet... The create a sim seems to be pretty sophisticated, so that gives me hope that the build mode might be as well. (I haven't played around with build mode really yet.)

Anyone else try out the console version yet, that hasn't been playing it on PC? What do you think so far? I am reserving my final opinion until I play it a few more times...

On a side note, I may also be picking up the Nintendo DS version of Sims 3, just to see what it's like. It's only $30 - so I figured why not, it is supposed to be more like the PC versions I think too? Rather then the previous Sims DS games that had a preset story you have to move through.

Does anyone miss sims1?

Not for the graphics ha ha, just for the fact that it was the original sims and the start of an addiction :nuts: I miss doing the tasks for your sim to become a superstar! And the makin magic ep! I used to love making my sims ride those little coasters!

Um for CC there are loads of sites TSR isn't the only one I prefer free sites over pay you can find loads of things Awesome CC listed here http://mysims3blog.blogspot.com/ it's updated multiple times a day.
I got the new Late Night EP on release day I've been glued to the PC since it's release. I'm actually trying to create a Shiftable OMSP like Silently Lucidity's TS2 Shiftable OMSP.

I'm back to revise my previous statement about Sims 3. :biggrin:

It's definitely better now that I've learned how to navigate the controls and have learned about the town. I've basically just spent the last game I was playing trying to fulfill wishes and that was fun enough. I haven't had a family hit a point where I would want the kids to move out to start their own families - but it seems like that is the one real major bummer with Sims 3, that if you have household members move out or if you want to split a household apart all together then some of the characters disappear. That's a bummer.

Other then that, I'm enjoying playing Sims 3 on console. If anyone needs the cheat code for PS3, you just hit start to pause the game and then simultaneously hit L1, L2, R1, & R2. That brings up the option to enable cheats (disables trophies) and tells you how it works. You just put a llama on your property and interact with it to get more simoleons or whatever. I've actually had more fun playing the game without cheats so far, but it's fun to run a household with infinite money supply sometimes to switch it up. ;)

Anyone else on console have a chance to play it a bit yet?