The Puzzle Fold Tote

What's interesting is that this isn't a Jonathan Anderson design.

Stuart Vevers designed the Loewe "Origami Tote" in 2013 to serve as an economic exchange between Spain and Japan. It was first a limited-edition collection for an exhibit in Japan. Here is the site for the exhibit, and images can be found below:

loewe_07.jpgloewe_06.jpg

Then in 2014 Loewe re-launched the collapsible, foldable tote in two sizes and more colors:
Loewe_Oragami_Bag.jpg

This was Vevers's last bag hit at Loewe before going to Coach. When Anderson joined, it's also the clear starting point for designing his Puzzle bags. I'm a little surprised he's bringing out the Puzzle (Origami) Tote because it draws a direct line to his predecessor without giving credit.

What's interesting is that this isn't a Jonathan Anderson design.

Stuart Vevers designed the Loewe "Origami Tote" in 2013 to serve as an economic exchange between Spain and Japan. It was first a limited-edition collection for an exhibit in Japan. Here is the site for the exhibit, and images can be found below:

View attachment 5698583View attachment 5698584

Then in 2014 Loewe re-launched the collapsible, foldable tote in two sizes and more colors:
View attachment 5698586

This was Vevers's last bag hit at Loewe before going to Coach. When Anderson joined, it's also the clear starting point for designing his Puzzle bags. I'm a little surprised he's bringing out the Puzzle (Origami) Tote because it draws a direct line to his predecessor without giving credit.
Wow thank you for this information, MonsieurMode! Indeed, quite curious no mention was made of its history in the instagram post. And I actually like this with just the logo and not the name “Loewe”.

From yesterday’s F/W 2023 men’s show, this Puzzle Tote caught my eye. I’ve been thinking of getting a new tote bag for my work laptop and was thinking of getting the Celine Phantom Cabas, but this one in black would look promising.

I am also searching for a work tote. I checked the Saint Laurent and Celine totes but they didn't convince me. So I am really looking forward to this one. :smile:

Do you use any water protection on your Puzzles?
Mine in classic calf leather in Tan gets these dark spots anytime water drops on it, which do dry rather quickly but I’m concerned that in a proper rain it might get damaged, best case scenario the bag will just look weird being all wet. What are your opinions here, is any regular leather protection ok for this kind of leather?

Thanks in advance