The popcorn is hot! Cheesy Hallmark movies anyone?! 'Tis the season!

BagLadyT

One on the way and one in the queue!
Apr 2, 2016
I've been watching a ton of Christmas movies on the Hallmark channel. This is the first year I've done so and now I know what I've been missing! Yes, I know these movies are incredibly predictable with questionable acting but man, I love them! So far my favorite is The Misseltoe Promise. I can't be the only one! What's your favorite extra cheesy Hallmark movie??

I love Northpole and Northpole: Open for Christmas. They are lighthearted and fun! I adore the over the top Christmas decorating in all the Hallmark holiday movies, too; every available surface is smothered in decorations and the gaudier, the better!

I love Northpole and Northpole: Open for Christmas. They are lighthearted and fun! I adore the over the top Christmas decorating in all the Hallmark holiday movies, too; every available surface is smothered in decorations and the gaudier, the better!

That’s so funny that you mention the decor!! I was watching a Hallmark movie last night, (can’t remember the name) and I was thinking the same thing! They had garland EVERYWHERE! It kind of made me want to do the same at my house. :happydance:

I’ve been watching on and off. They remind me of those Mills & Boon romance books I used to read when I was much younger. I know the storylines are predictable with happy endings but I still love them! What’s weird is doing so made me like some of the actresses I used to hate like Alicia Witt. I used to get annoyed with the way she talked!

I’ve been watching on and off. They remind me of those Mills & Boon romance books I used to read when I was much younger. I know the storylines are predictable with happy endings but I still love them! What’s weird is doing so made me like some of the actresses I used to hate like Alicia Witt. I used to get annoyed with the way she talked!

I think it’s funny when a well known actor or actress pops up in a Hallmark movie because you know what point of their career they’re at...:giggle::facepalm:
That doesn’t change the fact I still love the movies and dvr some of them!!

Reactions: Brandless
My husband thinks I am soft in the head because i watch them! I told him that it is true that the smell of cheese is pretty strong, but they always have a happy ending and for once i can turn something on that has no sex or violence. Actually, the actors in these movies have a high TV Q and they are easily recognized by most viewers. Many have been in family friendly TV series and/or have a strong religious identification. Candace Cameron Burre has both and is now producing her own movies. Many actors also want something their own children can watch. I will say that some of the plots go beyond lame and the surprise ending in the last 5-7 minutes go beyond moronic, but they all live happily ever after!!

My husband thinks I am soft in the head because i watch them! I told him that it is true that the smell of cheese is pretty strong, but they always have a happy ending and for once i can turn something on that has no sex or violence. Actually, the actors in these movies have a high TV Q and they are easily recognized by most viewers. Many have been in family friendly TV series and/or have a strong religious identification. Candace Cameron Burre has both and is now producing her own movies. Many actors also want something their own children can watch. I will say that some of the plots go beyond lame and the surprise ending in the last 5-7 minutes go beyond moronic, but they all live happily ever after!!

I usually gravitate to shows like Homeland and Vikings so while some people might recognize these actors, I certainly don’t! I watch these movies solely for the cheesy-feel good factor which I especially yearn for this time of the year. I’ve honestly never seen a Hallmark movie before and probably will keep it to the holiday season if I’m being honest. I do like a fair amount of cheese but will most likely turn lactose intolerant after Christmas! :giggle: