The MICHAEL KORS Astor, a Classic!

I have fallen in love with the astor. I got a luggage astor shoulder bag from Macys recently and now I am eyeing the black astor satchel. I have never seen the original one in person but I see there are a lot on sale at ebay. Do you guys like the original one or the new one with the gold hardware better? I like silver hardware but I am not sure if I would like the white contrast stitching on the black leather, and it doesnt look like the gold one has the white contrast stitching? Also, are there 2 sizes of Astors? Looking through this thread, someone said weekender.

^Yes, but they are not the same as the retail bags, they are made for factory. They have subtle differences. And they're 25% off MSRP at the moment.

Oh wow I didn't realize that. So they are not as good quality would you say, or is it the styles that are different? Any more info would be appreciated!! There is a MK outlet that is about an hour away and I was thinking of making a trip out there, but if its not the same it may not be worth it.

^ It looks to me like it's a factory bag. And MK black bags usually have a light beige lining, not black. Though, when I went back to a discount store that was selling a lot MK, they all had the satiny lining as well. Not sure where the discount store is getting them, seems weird that they have factory bags, KWIM?

As far as the factory bags quality, I scrutinized a few different styles. These I've fondled at Macy's before so I knew what the leather felt like, and also knew that they should have a key clasp in them, which the factory bags didn't. The leather was different, not anything crazy like cheapy leather,just not as smooshy and didn't puddle. As you already know, Astors are a stiffer leather, and the outlet version appeared that way, but it looked different. Also, the python bags felt different, too. Lighter, and stiffer. I can't explain it, my Astor looked 'richer' next to the factory bags, if that makes sense.

The outlet may be worth the trip, if it won't bother you. I may be too picky. :flowers: It's nice to putt around there and see different bags, and the clothes are fun to shop. I must admit, I may end up with one of the MFF bags. :graucho: There's two colors I can't stop thinking about.

And gold or silver? My Astor has the silver studs & hardware which I love! I'm not feeling it in the gold, but that's JMO. The only way to know is seeing in person. Hope that helps ya!

Thanks aunt Flo (haha)! I know what you mean- I am picky too. I will definetly go to the outlet if Im out there but I don't know about making the special trip

Haha! :graucho:

JLJRN - at the outlets they were 25% off MSRP. Don't know when they go to 50% but they had a section for them with a few styles.

Now I know this bag is an Astor (thank you!) but I don't yet know what kind. I was considering selling it, but this thread has inspired me to use it for a little longer yet! (Unfortunately the colors are just a little off in the photo. While it is indeed a beautiful blue, there's a peacock tint to it that makes it difficult to coordinate. The silver studs make up for it though, since they match the 25 rings in my ears!)

kors-purse.jpg

Reactions: sdkitty and andral5