The "I snagged that off of Yoogi's Closet" Club!

Yoogi's is definitely listing less! But perhaps they are receiving less items. I had to do a return and usually I get a refund the same day, it's been days now and still nothing. So I assume they are operating with less staff also.

Yoogi's is definitely listing less! But perhaps they are receiving less items. I had to do a return and usually I get a refund the same day, it's been days now and still nothing. So I assume they are operating with less staff also.
I had to return something also. The item got there in a few days and it took over a week for them to issue the refund

I purchased a purple bag from Yoogis prior to the purchase I called and asked about the condition. I was curious as they had 2 purple bags and this one was significantly less than the other although the condition seemed better. So I asked if the item had ever been re-dyed they responded "no" but it wasn't as soft as lambskin usually is. But again she stated the bag has not been dyed. Well I purchased the bag and guess what IT HAD BEEN DYED. I called and made them away. I wanted the bag so bad I asked if they would consider reducing the price as it had not been listed in the description. At first they said no because I had gotten the bag on sale (what did that have to do with anything), I then followed up with reasoning that made great sense and they offered to reduce the bag by another $150.00 but I decided to return the bag first I felt they had been dishonest, second being purple if I ever wanted to sale it would be a problem, and finally and most importantly I wasn't sure how the bag would age over time. It obviously had been dyed for a reason.

So I returned the bag. They relisted it for the same price only this time they added it had been dyed with the same comments she told me on the phone when she also said it had not been. I believe they knew this and listed the bag without that information. I've returned almost everything I've ever purchased from them because I find the actual condition is not what is listed. After this I will not be purchasing from them again. Just want to share.

I purchased a purple bag from Yoogis prior to the purchase I called and asked about the condition. I was curious as they had 2 purple bags and this one was significantly less than the other although the condition seemed better. So I asked if the item had ever been re-dyed they responded "no" but it wasn't as soft as lambskin usually is. But again she stated the bag has not been dyed. Well I purchased the bag and guess what IT HAD BEEN DYED. I called and made them away. I wanted the bag so bad I asked if they would consider reducing the price as it had not been listed in the description. At first they said no because I had gotten the bag on sale (what did that have to do with anything), I then followed up with reasoning that made great sense and they offered to reduce the bag by another $150.00 but I decided to return the bag first I felt they had been dishonest, second being purple if I ever wanted to sale it would be a problem, and finally and most importantly I wasn't sure how the bag would age over time. It obviously had been dyed for a reason.
So I returned the bag. They relisted it for the same price only this time they added it had been dyed with the same comments she told me on the phone when she also said it had not been. I believe they knew this and listed the bag without that information. I've returned almost everything I've ever purchased from them because I find the actual condition is not what is listed. After this I will not be purchasing from them again. Just want to share.

Sorry you had this experience. All the bags I bought from them have been as described except one LV that arrived with the handles melted. This was before free returns and I asked for a free label and I was given one. I think because these are used items they sometimes don't pay attention to dying and alterations. I am sure that your comment made them re-inspect the bag. When the bag I bought was relisted they mentioned the melted handle. I heard similar complaints from fashionphile. I think most people selling to them just aren't honest about what they've done to the bags. They know if they admit any alterations their buyouts will be lower so I bet the just hope the vendors don't notice.

Reactions: girlhasbags
Sorry you had this experience. All the bags I bought from them have been as described except one LV that arrived with the handles melted. This was before free returns and I asked for a free label and I was given one. I think because these are used items they sometimes don't pay attention to dying and alterations. I am sure that your comment made them re-inspect the bag. When the bag I bought was relisted they mentioned the melted handle. I heard similar complaints from fashionphile. I think most people selling to them just aren't honest about what they've done to the bags. They know if they admit any alterations their buyouts will be lower so I bet the just hope the vendors don't notice.

I agree with you that some people are not being honest about the condition of things they sell. But as professional company reselling items Yoogi's is responsible to know unless they are not inspecting items. It was apparent to me when I saw and touched the bag and I am no where near a professional. I honestly believe they knew and did not disclose it. First the had two purple bags and this one was significantly less than the other while in better shape, secondly when I called to have them inspect the bag they could have seen it, and third and most importantly I asked the they SA told me no it had not. Were it not for those things I would just think it was an oversight. In this case coupled with the amount of time it took to refund the bag, and my other experiences (Condition of items) with them I will not be shopping with them again. Please be careful and inspect your items from them.

Hi. I was wondering if anyone has consigned with them recently and can tell me about their experience — like if they got the lowest price in the range quoted and how long it took to sell (I know their website indicated that 80% of their items sell within 30 days), etc. Just wondering if it’s worth the extra amount (up to $200 more per item but who knows if I will actually get that) to consign vs direct sell. I have never used them before — I have sold over a dozen items directly to FP but the most recent FP quotes were even more ridiculous than usual :lol:. Thanks.

Reactions: Sunshine mama