The Golden Bachelor Gerry Turner

I didn't watch but I like reading about it -- apparently she wanted to stay in NJ and he wouldn't move from his state, which is not NJ.

If they really were in love, couldn't they visit each other, might be fun to go back and forth. At least give it a try before immediately filing for divorce.

They never lived together, each stayed in their own home from the beginning. They also had a prenup, so good for her.
You think they would have dealt with this before getting married. I think he lives in Indiana. It seems like a pretty big issue to figure out before your on air wedding. They must have talked about it at some point?

Better now than a year or two, and a joint tenancy shared marital home.
I think the prenup rankled him, and Teresa is in the financial business and likely has many people warning her.
I think they couldn't agree on what their financial future life together would look like, and Teresa wasn't going to fund it.
I think Gerry is a phoney, and it wasn't his idea to divorce.
Teresa may protect his /their image for now, but I don't think we've heard the last word on their marriage and divorce.

Honestly, I think everyone was into this idea but him. His kids, his friends, the producers, the women. And I have no doubt that he likes the companionship and a little action but he is clearly not over his first wife. And that’s ok. He should have found someone who understood that and could fill the space around it rather than dive into a fairy tale.

And, although they thought they had found a compromise, giving up your life and moving to a new place is daunting at any age but especially when we are older. So, not surprising this happened.

But really, are they any different than the young ones? Caught up in the spectacle and the fame. And then reality sets in.

Honestly, I think everyone was into this idea but him. His kids, his friends, the producers, the women. And I have no doubt that he likes the companionship and a little action but he is clearly not over his first wife. And that’s ok. He should have found someone who understood that and could fill the space around it rather than dive into a fairy tale.
He was so over his first wife, he found a GF almost immediately and they were together for years. The producers spun a fairy tale that he never had any companionship since her death, not even a kiss with another woman.

If he told the producers he would never move from his state, they should cast women who were only from his state or women who had no ties to where they were living and would be happy to move.

He was so over his first wife, he found a GF almost immediately and they were together for years. The producers spun a fairy tale that he never had any companionship since her death, not even a kiss with another woman.

If he told the producers he would never move from his state, they should cast women who were only from his state or women who had no ties to where they were living and would be happy to move.

You can be in another relationship and not over someone.