~*~ the CHANEL BOY thread! ~*~

I have two calf boys that I purchased in the spring, so they aren't very old. One is nude and is only used occasionally. The other is navy and I use it pretty frequently (probably about twice a week) and there are no visible signs of wear or wrinkling...even on the corners or under the flap where you typically see scratching on lamb boys. Calf definitely wears better than my lamb pieces. I recommend it especially for the boy bags since those seem to show wear more easily on the corners and under the flap in lamb. I also have boys in caviar and goat. I hesitate to buy a boy in lamb due to the wear issues, but I have other pieces in lamb that have held up just fine. I think the style of the boy bag, which tends to swing around and has square corners, causes it to wear more easily in lamb than other styles in lamb. HTH!

That helps a lot. Thanks for the good info!

By the way...how idoes the calfskin bag feel like? Is it soft like the aged/distressed calfskin on the reissues or can you feel the fine grains?
Each version is different. Today's calfskin boys feel like soft caviar. Mine is from 2014 and is firmer (quilting, sides, corners) and feels smooth and firm Like the rest actually. My puffiness will not deflate cause of that. Hope that helps. But again this season is soft caviar..

Reactions: Miss CC
Each version is different. Today's calfskin boys feel like soft caviar. Mine is from 2014 and is firmer (quilting, sides, corners) and feels smooth and firm Like the rest actually. My puffiness will not deflate cause of that. Hope that helps. But again this season is soft caviar..

Thanks for the info!! [emoji173]️

Can anyone with a calfskin boy let me know how the wear is on the corners of the bag? Does the leather get scuffed up easily like how it does on lambskin? Looking to purchase my first boy and thinking about the boy jacket or a calfskin boy. Thanks ladies!! [emoji173]️

I am wondering about this as well. Also does it get more wrinkly over time?
My stingray boy is calfskin around the edges, the lining, corners etc and although I have a couple of very minor scratches under the flap, the corners, along with the rest of the exterior still looks perfect with no signs of wear after over 18 months of pretty heavy use. I don't use it daily, but weekends, days out and trips abroad it has been worn cross body against jeans, jacket zips etc for days at a time. Caught in the rain on several occasions and no problems at all!

I'm so excited to finally get to join this club! I wasn't sure I could ever pull off a Chanel bag since my style is normally pretty casual. But I found my perfect bag, and I didn't even know it was what I wanted until I tried it on! I love that it is a dark neutral that isn't black, it goes perfectly with almost all my clothes! Here is my khaki caviar boy with RHW!

Now I just want to ask all of you: How do you store it when you aren't using it? Between the thick, heavy chain, the quilts, the corners, and the top flap, I'm so worried about it keeping its nice shape when it's not in use. Would love to know any tips you guys have, and thanks for letting me share!

Attachments

• IMG_1459.JPG
    IMG_1459.JPG
    192.6 KB · Views: 991
I'm so excited to finally get to join this club! I wasn't sure I could ever pull off a Chanel bag since my style is normally pretty casual. But I found my perfect bag, and I didn't even know it was what I wanted until I tried it on! I love that it is a dark neutral that isn't black, it goes perfectly with almost all my clothes! Here is my khaki caviar boy with RHW!

Now I just want to ask all of you: How do you store it when you aren't using it? Between the thick, heavy chain, the quilts, the corners, and the top flap, I'm so worried about it keeping its nice shape when it's not in use. Would love to know any tips you guys have, and thanks for letting me share!
Ooh, I love the khaki and really into all things olive now. What I do is to store the chains and strap separately from the bag. The S.A wrapped the bag strap under the bag when I unwrapped it, and I used to store it that way but what happened is that it left an indentation at the bottom of the bag. So if you look at the base, it doesn't look symmetrical. So what I did was to put something in the bag in that corner to balance out the dent and it worked! So now I stuff the bag and store it upright with the chains and strap hanging out. The chains will be resting on the base of the cupboard so it wouldn't dent the leather quilts.

Reactions: misscheng
image.jpeg

This is how my boy sleeps. He sleeps in a linen sweater box from the container store with adhesive clear hook to attached to the inside side of box so bag's chain is hook onto the clear hook. Hope this help.