~*~ the CHANEL BOY thread! ~*~

Can anyone with a calfskin boy let me know how the wear is on the corners of the bag? Does the leather get scuffed up easily like how it does on lambskin? Looking to purchase my first boy and thinking about the boy jacket or a calfskin boy. Thanks ladies!! [emoji173]️

Can anyone with a calfskin boy let me know how the wear is on the corners of the bag? Does the leather get scuffed up easily like how it does on lambskin? Looking to purchase my first boy and thinking about the boy jacket or a calfskin boy. Thanks ladies!! [emoji173]️

I am wondering about this as well. Also does it get more wrinkly over time?

I have two calf boys that I purchased in the spring, so they aren't very old. One is nude and is only used occasionally. The other is navy and I use it pretty frequently (probably about twice a week) and there are no visible signs of wear or wrinkling...even on the corners or under the flap where you typically see scratching on lamb boys. Calf definitely wears better than my lamb pieces. I recommend it especially for the boy bags since those seem to show wear more easily on the corners and under the flap in lamb. I also have boys in caviar and goat. I hesitate to buy a boy in lamb due to the wear issues, but I have other pieces in lamb that have held up just fine. I think the style of the boy bag, which tends to swing around and has square corners, causes it to wear more easily in lamb than other styles in lamb. HTH!

Hi, I posted a story a page or two ago on here stating when i fell down 3 garage steps onto the concrete floor with my calfskin bag. I was mortified at first cause I basically fell on it and I was positive there were going to be scapes on it. But low and behold there were none. Not anywhere.. the corners were fine, the flap was fine that's where I thought the damage was for it landed that way. So it is very durable and I'm pleased with the calfskin leather. This is the bag after the fall...

IMG_2177.JPG

Omg.... It's is beautiful!!!! Congrats
Is the color more of rich camel or of a lighter color? It's a beautiful neutral...hmmmmmm..... Maybe I won't get a black boy for my first Chanel????

Thank you!

I would say definitely a rich/deep camel.. gorgeous color I highly recommend it!

Good luck with your first boy!

Hi, I posted a story a page or two ago on here stating when i fell down 3 garage steps onto the concrete floor with my calfskin bag. I was mortified at first cause I basically fell on it and I was positive there were going to be scapes on it. But low and behold there were none. Not anywhere.. the corners were fine, the flap was fine that's where I thought the damage was for it landed that way. So it is very durable and I'm pleased with the calfskin leather. This is the bag after the fall...

View attachment 3498990

Omg that sounds like a bad fall!! Glad you and your boy are ok! And yes your bag still looks perfect [emoji173]️.

View attachment 3498990

Wow, that is absolutely amazing! Also, glad you were ok!