The Cassette Bag!

To answer my own question: I read the whole thread, read some other Youtube reviews, and I think there's plenty of space for me. Will do an old-timer's review of my Sunburst Plisse when she arrives :lol: As I've told @jbags07 , Matthieu Blazy is way more on the ball with this treatment than DL ever was.
Agree. I love that he is using TM inspired treatments, and has brought back the knot, cabat, and smaller weave. This Plisse Cassette is beautiful! Looking forward to your reveal/review :heart:

Agree. I love that he is using TM inspired treatments, and has brought back the knot, cabat, and smaller weave. This Plisse Cassette is beautiful! Looking forward to your reveal/review :heart:
Me three! I especially love this treatment on The Cassette! So far the Barolo is my favorite color, but I think I'm going to hold out and see what other colors MB introduces in this style. I think I will have one in my collection eventually.

• Love
Reactions: jbags07
To answer my own question: I read the whole thread, read some other Youtube reviews, and I think there's plenty of space for me. Will do an old-timer's review of my Sunburst Plisse when she arrives :lol: As I've told @jbags07 , Matthieu Blazy is way more on the ball with this treatment than DL ever was.
so sorry, I am not home and not with my bag. I will try to show you when I'm back. I don't carry much, so for me there is plenty of room. There is an attached little zip pocket and the depth is that of one strip. The bag is very firm, so there aren't any "puffs" like the other cassette to take up space inside.

Reactions: indiaink
Very exciting! I feel like treatment preference is a matter of one's own personal style. The Plisse is very cool, has that understated edge to it more reflective of pre-DL BV. That said, I don't think we would've gotten Plisse Cassette without Daniel Lee transforming BV the way he did. Also the padded cassette just has that IT factor, imo. DL kick-started the padded/pillow boom.

... sneaking in with my tail between my legs... just wanted to own up to - I'm NOT getting the Plisse Cassette. The "slight odor in interior" just bothered me too much and kept bothering me so I canceled the order. Too many horror stories. There will be another one available, I'm certain. Until then ...

... sneaking in with my tail between my legs... just wanted to own up to - I'm NOT getting the Plisse Cassette. The "slight odor in interior" just bothered me too much and kept bothering me so I canceled the order. Too many horror stories. There will be another one available, I'm certain. Until then ...
Yeah, when I see that statement in the description, I tend to back off too. I don't blame you. Another one will come along.

Hi everyone! I didn’t see a thread on this bag, so I’d start one. Here are some pics - the leather is beautiful and very soft. The outside and inside are actually 2 different kinds of leather. The weaving is is done really well - the bag is soft but sturdy. Enjoy!
I get mine in a couple of weeks and I’m so excited!

:hugs:Oof, yeah, I don’t blame you!

View attachment 5665452

Joining the cassette club! Love the look of the bag although I noticed that there is some leftover glue from the edge of the bag on one side which has been leaving stains on the hardware. Anyone else has the same issue?

I don’t know if this is me (the gold medal) although I like it in photos, here is the BV Cassette intrecciato in barolo (gold detail pushed to the back).

View attachment 5628380
Oooh I've been eyeing this too! I can't decide whether to get the normal lambskin version or this grained calfskin version. Did you get it in the end?

Oooh I've been eyeing this too! I can't decide whether to get the normal lambskin version or this grained calfskin version. Did you get it in the end?
I just saw your last post - the hardware was more muted than shiny. I loved the barolo but to adjust the strap length to fit me comfortably the end stuck out and I didn’t love it enough to tailor it at home or tuck the straps. Not a keeper for me, ended up with another BV style. Still recommend the barolo color, this one was the calfskin. (I have lambskin in darker colors and styles).

Reactions: cutoneko