The Apprentice: Los-Angeles

Did anyone watch last night? I can't blame the woman for leaving. I'd be right behind her out the door--no tents and outdoor showers for me.

I'm not liking how it's set-up this season--the winning project manager keeps the job--how will ***** ever learn about the other people? And the one team listening thru the hedge...I know that's a perk of winning, but it's so lopsided between the winner/loser sides. Not liking it as much as previous seasons. Maybe the NYC vibe suited the show better.

Did anyone watch last night? I can't blame the woman for leaving. I'd be right behind her out the door--no tents and outdoor showers for me.

I'm not liking how it's set-up this season--the winning project manager keeps the job--how will ***** ever learn about the other people? And the one team listening thru the hedge...I know that's a perk of winning, but it's so lopsided between the winner/loser sides. Not liking it as much as previous seasons. Maybe the NYC vibe suited the show better.

I was flabbergasted !!

I so agree with you thou ! at least she left with her integrity and pride. Donald really tried to break her spirit in the board room, but she held her ground, i felt so proud of her. I loved how she told him " she did not sign up for this".... meaning living in the tent quarters.

Good for her !! :wlae:

Not liking it this season:

1) Too "Gimmicky" & Unfocused - Living outdoors in tents may be something different for the first week, but it gets a little annoying after a while. It's a "gimmick" to lure people to watch the show, but it doesn't advance the show any. They should go back to the Basics - how people compete with each to become the Apprentice. Focus on their game plan & stragegy, how they overcome obstacles & knock their competitor off.

2) Winning PM stays on as PM - Boring, I want to see other people lead, interact and strategize too, not just one person. The whole point of the show is "competition", they're taking that competetive dynamics out by having the same PM each time for the Winning Team.

3) ***** Kids as Judges (Too much *****) - Pretty soon half the family will be in it. Ivanka & Don don't have the business savvy or experience to be judges for the whole season. I don't mind an occasional appearance, but NOT on every show!

As to the last show, Michelle stood up for herself & did what she thinks is right for her. More power to her for speaking up for herself. She left with her integrity & I don't think ***** should have given her such a hard time for wanting to leave the show. It's not easy to stand up to *****, especially when you have millions of people watching you.

I much prefer the format & focus of the old show. I'll give "The Apprentice" one more try, but it's losing me fast!

1) Too "Gimmicky" & Unfocused - Living outdoors in tents may be something different for the first week, but it gets a little annoying after a while. It's a "gimmick" to lure people to watch the show, but it doesn't advance the show any. They should go back to the Basics - how people compete with each to become the Apprentice. Focus on their game plan & stragegy, how they overcome obstacles & knock their competitor off.

2) Winning PM stays on as PM - Boring, I want to see other people lead, interact and strategize too, not just one person. The whole point of the show is "competition", they're taking that competetive dynamics out by having the same PM each time for the Winning Team.

3) ***** Kids as Judges (Too much *****) - Pretty soon half the family will be in it. Ivanka & Don don't have the business savvy or experience to be judges for the whole season. I don't mind an occasional appearance, but NOT on every show!

As to the last show, Michelle stood up for herself & did what she thinks is right for her. More power to her for speaking up for herself. She left with her integrity & I don't think ***** should have given her such a hard time for wanting to leave the show. It's not easy to stand up to *****, especially when you have millions of people watching you.

I much prefer the format & focus of the old show. I'll give "The Apprentice" one more try, but it's losing me fast!

Excellent analysis. I agree with you.

I agree with everyone else about Michelle leaving. She so should have left at that point. Granted she sucked as a PM, but her team really ganged up on her in such a rude way and guess what? None of them are all that great. The tent thing is getting so BORING and pathetic. And what is up with having one team excempt from a task. That was totally lame. So far, all we have seen of the other team is them gloating and being wined and dined. Which is great for off time, but for an interview? Boy, I want that kind of interview. I would show up for interview only then go home.

Thanks, boxermom! :smile: I'll give it one more try this Sunday. There seems to be an Apprentice romance brewing. I don't think they need "gimmicks" like that (it's already been done in a previous season). I'd much rather they focus on the task at hand, and may the best person become "the" Apprentice!

I'm not quite sure I'm going to be able make it to the end of the season with all the nonsense thats going on, It's by far the worst season for this show.. I actually was more entertained by the commercials.

The Geico commercial's cracks me up. :P

I'm not quite sure I'm going to be able make it to the end of the season with all the nonsense thats going on, It's by far the worst season for this show.. I actually was more entertained by the commercials.

The Geico commercial's cracks me up. :P

ITA the worst season yet. Can they leave now and return to NYC???LOL (I wish they could but I know it's all been taped)

PM-are you talking about the cavemen ads? they're hilarious!:yes:

i agree with everyone here! when michelle has decided to leave, she gave a good speech why but ***** just went on and on, at least, she left with her head held high. i don't like this season, the winning team this week, just get a mental high??? how could ***** say that in previous seasons, only 1 had quit..that is because they were all in the living in the loft with proper beds, showers...who wants to leave???

GREAT ANALYSIS! I totally agree...

when i watched it, i was not happy when michelle decided to quit. i felt that it was fine for her to speak up for herself, etc, but by saying she wanted to quit, it put her other team members in danger of being fired (bc before, she was DEFINITELY gonna be fired..but since she quit, SOMEONE ELSE may be fired...although ***** decided against it later on..) I just felt that she kinda said she quit to save her own "face" ...i think i would have preferred it more if she had went BACK into the boardroom, gotten fired, and told ***** off (ie, i didnt sign up for this..) this way, she could have said her peace and not place her team on the chopping block....just my two cents...

How ironic... I just found this article, even Ivanka doesnt like the tent idea.... as for his hair ...well..... she loves her dad.

Ivanka *****: I Love My Dad's Hair

SATURDAY JANUARY 27, 2007 06:00 AM EST

ivanka_trump.jpg

Donald Turmp's right-hand man is a woman. Sure, she's his daughter, but Ivanka ***** is also a Wharton-educated 25-year-old who knows what it takes to work for her dad.

He's been her boss since 2005, and she is currently his vice president of development and acquisitions. The Donald's daughter talks to PEOPLE about the show, the Rosie row and her dad's hair:

Are you qualified to hire and fire people?
I'm in that position in my daily life. Plus, I know my father better than anyone else. If you don't work well with (him), you don't stay long. It's as simple as that.

How do you feel about the Rosie feud?
I defend my father when I think he's right – and in this case, I do. But people are obsessed with this story!

Have you been to the tents on The Apprentice?
Yeah, they're bad! Those people must really want to work at the ***** Organization. If you're living in a tent for six weeks, it's not just about getting your face on television.

Do you like working on TV?
I've been offered tons of shows, (including) The Bachelorette. I'm flattered, but that in no way furthers my objective of being a great real estate developer.

So, we gotta ask – what's your take on your dad's hair?
Maybe I'm just used to it, but I love his hair! I've heard all sorts of crazy things, but I can verify with complete conviction that it's not a hairpiece. It is what it is!

Seems pointless to watch these days. But, I did.... hahaha

Anyhoo, I did not agree with the last firing, Marissa was not the reason why they lost the task, he fired her because her team didnt like her. I thought that was unfair.

These applicants are fighting for everyday comforts not a job !