Teenage Time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 18, 2007
Hey guys,
Ive been carefully reading this forum for over a year now. Ive been inspired by the fabulous and stylish ladies who post. The one thing that is missing is teenagers! We are the future and I love the idea that we can also be the future of fashion. Lately a couple of young adults have been posting on the wardrobe forum and I thought it would be really interesting to see what kids wear to school and our personal style.

About me:
My name is Mariel and I'm a sophomore at a rich conservative private school. I have a dress code that I must follow every day so that limits what I can wear. I try to dress my best over the weekends and love to collect new and interesting pieces. My favorite brands are Free People, True Religon Jeans, Hudson Jeans, and Lacoste. Im the kind of person who refuses to buy things full priced, partly becuase Ive been raised in a coupon cutting family. My mom and I made a deal that she pays for school clothes and I pay for nonschool clothing. Unfortunaly I feel the need to buy more non school clothing. Im also incredibly curvy for my young age of 15 and find it impossible to find designer school clothes that fit, so I go with comfortable and casual items. I look forward to reading and looking at other teenagers' style choices and looks. Thanks!

Agreed I'm not from a real wealthy family but I can afford fine things that others may not can't. I don't really wear designer clothes even though I do own a Chanel shirt I wear name brand things and like to shop at places like Dillards and I even enjoy Nordstrom. I agree with you I never buy anything at full price just this past Christmas my mom got me a pair of Coach flip flops that a regularly priced at $88 for $55. I always say if something is on sale the regular price means its not even worth it. I honestly don't have much Coach but I'm working on it!!! I am 16 years old and also curvy for my age. Also my name is Krystal and my nicknames of course Kryssie.

n680971752_1288745_3559.jpg

My school outfit for today:
navy dkny flowy skirt
grey dolman sleeved sweater
white american eagle blouse
urban outfitters scarf

Attachments

• n680971752_1288745_3559.jpg
    n680971752_1288745_3559.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 222
Agreed I'm not from a real wealthy family but I can afford fine things that others may not can't. I don't really wear designer clothes even though I do own a Chanel shirt I wear name brand things and like to shop at places like Dillards and I even enjoy Nordstrom. I agree with you I never buy anything at full price just this past Christmas my mom got me a pair of Coach flip flops that a regularly priced at $88 for $55. I always say if something is on sale the regular price means its not even worth it. I honestly don't have much Coach but I'm working on it!!! I am 16 years old and also curvy for my age. Also my name is Krystal and my nicknames of course Kryssie.

Im from a family that has money but put its only to use for priorities which in my case is education. I have quite a few coach bags but lately with my school bag, laptop bag, and gym bag I find it hard to juggle my books and looks so unfortunately in school I dont carry anything. On the weekends however I have my betsey's!

This was a great idea! My name's Emily and I'm a frosh at a rich not-so-conservative private school. I don't really wear designer clothes. I wear a lot of Juicy Couture, Free People, Urban Outfitters, and clothes from Nordstrom. The only thing i always go designer on is jeans. I have a True Religion addiction! I agree I'm also a sucker for a great bargain! Certain things I just refuse to pay full price for (every once in a while, for something special, I cave). I also love Italian shoes, and adore BBags.

Cute Classy, I agree I always go designer on jeans. The look of them is just much more sophisticated and hudson and true religion are my favorite. I do however find the fit of hollister jeans and a&f jeans to be flattering and comfortable. Perhaps its because they make them so low. Some things, just like you, I could never fork out much for. For me I never spend much on jewerly unless its gold or of a good quality. I cant fork out over 100 for beads. Just not happening on my budget. I usually shop at places like Marshalls where I can usually get my favorite items for much less, but still. Im so glad quite a few people are adding to the thread!

Last edited:
Hi! I'm Lindsay! hahaha=) I love fashion, and clothes. I go to a pretty rich public school (one of the best in our state) but it is very hard for me to find people that share the same intersts as me. That's why one of my best friends doesn't go to my school! I usually buy stuff on sale, or i try to get them in thrift stores... my partents can spend money on me, but I feel guilty spending their money (especially when its a lot). One of my favoirte stores is Marshalls, b/c you get theory, french connection and other things like that at lower prices. But i never pay full price there, unless i'm apsolutly in love b/c almost everything comes down in price. One of my favorite things to do is to put outfits together for the next day. I love mixing colors and textures, and my style is deffinantly mature for my age. Its hard to find people that acctually care what they look like. A lot of people are really conserned with brands. But i think people that wear logos across their chest look like bilboards.

thanks for starting this thread =)

Cute Classy, I agree I always go designer on jeans. The look of them is just much more sophisticated and hudson and true religion are my favorite. I do however find the fit of hollister jeans and a&f jeans to be flattering and comfortable. Perhaps its because they make them so low. Some things, just like you, I could never fork out much for. For me I never spend much on jewerly unless its gold or of a good quality. I cant fork out over 100 for beads. Just not happening on my budget. Im so glad quite a few people are adding to the thread!
Hahaha! totally agree.

Also: w/ the jeans Forever 21 makes an amazing pair of skinny jeans for $12.50, i usually go designer for jeans and have a pair of skinny AG's that i love. The jeans extreamly cheep, and well fitted.

I like hudson too. I love designer because their comfortable and they last, unlike my american eagle jeans I have to throw out after six months. Jewelry is one of my favorite things to shop for. I love accessories. I don't usually spend to much on it wither, I like to buy lots fun cheap things on the sale rack at macy's, don't do too much pure gold or sterling (although i must admit I love Tiffany's).

I like hudson too. I love designer because their comfortable and they last, unlike my american eagle jeans I have to throw out after six months. Jewelry is one of my favorite things to shop for. I love accessories. I don't usually spend to much on it wither, I like to buy lots fun cheap things on the sale rack at macy's, don't do too much pure gold or sterling (although i must admit I love Tiffany's).

Betsey Johnson!

I have 2 pairs of the 12.50 jeans. They have lasted, and are really comfortable! A bit baggy but a steal for the price. Thats one of the only thing I did not get on sale :roflmfao:
also Betsey Johnson Jewerly is my one exception!

I have 2 pairs of the 12.50 jeans. They have lasted, and are really comfortable! A bit baggy but a steal for the price. Thats one of the only thing I did not get on sale :roflmfao:
also Betsey Johnson Jewerly is my one exception!

This may sound really stupid, but if you fill the bath tub with hot water and then get in with them on (yes i know) they mold to your body perfectly!

Status
Not open for further replies.