Teddy blake Hermes Dupe???

Status
Not open for further replies.
What does that mean?? I bought a Teddy Blake last night. I was looking for information & came across this. I always come to PF but have never posted. I think people should give their opinion about the bag, sure, but it's not right to make blanket statements about people who are buying them....because that's me. I personally NEVER said the bag was "wonderful". I bought it, again, literally last night & just don't like the idea saying that something is wrong with people who have bought it or that we've done something wrong. That's what I'm responding to.

I'm not contributing to anything wrong. I paid good money for a style bag I like, plain & simple. I buy LV's & their quality has gone down significantly over the years, so I wanted to try something different. I never have bought from a new brand. But I'm open-minded & like to try new things. Calling it a "replica" or a "fake" is not true --- this bag doesn't claim or try to be the B which is what a replica or a fake does. It has a much lower price point, it has a strap, and it has the "Buti" name on it. After I get it I will decide whether to keep it or not --- I'll do an honest review of it because I am all about sharing anything I learn about items, be it bags, baby items, etc. with others.
Gosh which bag did you get and what color? Looking forward to you sharing this with us! Thanks a lot. Can't wait till you get it. Haha

Reactions: GucciLouisFendiOhMy
What does that mean?? I bought a Teddy Blake last night. I was looking for information & came across this. I always come to PF but have never posted. I think people should give their opinion about the bag, sure, but it's not right to make blanket statements about people who are buying them....because that's me. I personally NEVER said the bag was "wonderful". I bought it, again, literally last night & just don't like the idea saying that something is wrong with people who have bought it or that we've done something wrong. That's what I'm responding to.

dear, please don't be upset. I don't think the poster is attacking you...but rather afraid that a company is pretending to defend (or hiring people to defend) itself.

I think that you are right about people shouldn't judge without knowing a situation...we shouldn't make blanket statements because many things are not what we think. I'm sure many people don't know Hermes...it is seriously only a small percentage of the world that knows it. a person could just buy a bag based on YouTube review, seen the bag online or someone they know carrying one.

I'll do an honest review of it because I am all about sharing anything I learn about items, be it bags, baby items, etc. with others.

Please do make a review after you get it and use it. I am curious how it holds up and how the strap works. hmm...this is just a friendly reminder :smile:, if you do a review please do it in the appropriate thread and appropriate forum. :smile: Reviewing here might not be appropriate because this thread is a discussion about it looking like the birkin.

Could we please get back to topic on these bags and not comment on members' motivations for buying one? There are a lot of threads on the topic of obtaining an Hermes bag, why it's difficult/fair/unfair, etc.

Thanks, all!

I'm not contributing to anything wrong. I paid good money for a style bag I like, plain & simple. I buy LV's & their quality has gone down significantly over the years, so I wanted to try something different. I never have bought from a new brand. But I'm open-minded & like to try new things. Calling it a "replica" or a "fake" is not true --- this bag doesn't claim or try to be the B which is what a replica or a fake does. It has a much lower price point, it has a strap, and it has the "Buti" name on it. After I get it I will decide whether to keep it or not --- I'll do an honest review of it because I am all about sharing anything I learn about items, be it bags, baby items, etc. with others.

Reactions: Mommyof3lovesbags
dear, please don't be upset. I don't think the poster is attacking you...but rather afraid that a company is pretending to defend (or hiring people to defend) itself.

I think that you are right about people shouldn't judge without knowing a situation...we shouldn't make blanket statements because many things are not what we think. I'm sure many people don't know Hermes...it is seriously only a small percentage of the world that knows it. a person could just buy a bag based on YouTube review, seen the bag online or someone they know carrying one.

Please do make a review after you get it and use it. I am curious how it holds up and how the strap works. hmm...this is just a friendly reminder :smile:, if you do a review please do it in the appropriate thread and appropriate forum. :smile: Reviewing here might not be appropriate because this thread is a discussion about it looking like the birkin.
Send us a link of your review please

I'm not trying to pass off anything with buying the bag. I just love the style. Isn't

But if I understand correctly - Hermes didn't design this style! It was designed by another & they put their label on it.

The Birkin bag is a modified version of the Hermes Haut a Courroies (HAC) bag which was designed in 1896. (I don't think Teddy Blake was around then.) It was designed after Jean-Louis Dumas (head of Hermes) sat next to Jane Birkin (famous actress) on a plane and she complained about not having a good weekend bag. Dumas had the bag made for her. The history of the Birkin is fairly well documented.

Your comment, at best, highlights your ignorance.

Folks, if people want to post a reveal of their Teddy Blake bags, please do so in Handbags & Purses.

Closing this as the scope of the discussion really has moved beyond issues for this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.