Teddy blake Hermes Dupe???

Status
Not open for further replies.
These bags are direct copies of Hermes. And while there are no logos, it does not matter as much because Hermes logos are a very subtle part of the design.

I certainly understand that 99% of the world thinks spending the money required to purchase a Birkin or Kelly is ludicrous. IMO people who buy Teddy Blakes want others to think they are carrying the genuine article. The sad part is that anyone who knows Hermes, will know it's not.

IMO, when people purchase items that are so close to the original item, they are aiding and abetting theft of intellectual property. I work in the creative field and DH is an attorney; it's a logical position for me to have.

At the $300 to $500 price point, there are plenty of other options that do not include copyright infringement.

I completely agree.

These bags are direct copies of Hermes. And while there are no logos, it does not matter as much because Hermes logos are a very subtle part of the design.

I certainly understand that 99% of the world thinks spending the money required to purchase a Birkin or Kelly is ludicrous. IMO people who buy Teddy Blakes want others to think they are carrying the genuine article. The sad part is that anyone who knows Hermes, will know it's not.

IMO, when people purchase items that are so close to the original item, they are aiding and abetting theft of intellectual property. I work in the creative field and DH is an attorney; it's a logical position for me to have.

At the $300 to $500 price point, there are plenty of other options that do not include copyright infringement.

cant put it any better myself; very well said

I think it tends to depend on your initial reaction, what you think about such things (and again, an AGE OLD discussion on TPF, and rightfully so).
But I clicked on the link and my hand immediately went to my now-open mouth.
However, others might immediately think, what the heck! I can get a look-alike for only $500!!!

So, it really depends on something deep within that lets you go for this kind of thing or not.
I feel like I just want to respect the original designer, so if something reminds me too much of something, I'll usually pass. Again, a personal preference and I try not to judge, as much as I find it hard to see the other side of this issue

These bags are made by Buti who have been copying H for a long time. This is just a label that licensed and re-branded the same bags.
The design is just different enough (looks like a bad fake) that it would be very hard to prove design infringement let alone copyright, and there is no trademark infringement here legally.

Not sure why anyone is up in arms over this when every fashion design is knocked-off by "fast fashion" companies. Let's be mad about the people who make actual counterfeits (with logos and all the details we know) and especially sellers who try to sell those as real. I have no beef with someone who wants a Kelly-shaped bag.

Now, the fake reviews on their website...whole different story. Same language and syntax and no reviews under 4.5 stars, most 5 - impossible.

These bags are made by Buti who have been copying H for a long time. This is just a label that licensed and re-branded the same bags.
The design is just different enough (looks like a bad fake) that it would be very hard to prove design infringement let alone copyright, and there is no trademark infringement here legally.

Not sure why anyone is up in arms over this when every fashion design is knocked-off by "fast fashion" companies. Let's be mad about the people who make actual counterfeits (with logos and all the details we know) and especially sellers who try to sell those as real. I have no beef with someone who wants a Kelly-shaped bag.

Now, the fake reviews on their website...whole different story. Same language and syntax and no reviews under 4.5 stars, most 5 - impossible.

I googled Buti and saw that Forzieri sells the brand.
However no Hermès copies on the site, completely different models actually.
Apart from that, I totally agree with your post, QF.
Gérard Darel's Charlotte bag, a rather affordable bag by some standards, has been and still is copied too.
I have H bags, a GD Charlotte and I have no beef either with a lady who wants to carry a H or GD shaped bag.

Reactions: LorikB
I googled Buti and saw that Forzieri sells the brand.
However no Hermès copies on the site, completely different models actually.
Apart from that, I totally agree with your post, QF.
Gérard Darel's Charlotte bag, a rather affordable bag by some standards, has been and still is copied too.
I have H bags, a GD Charlotte and I have no beef either with a lady who wants to carry a H or GD shaped bag.
Here's Buti's website. Same bags.

http://www.butipelletterie.com/gallery/?lang=en

A friend was given a Suzy Smith bag by her parents for completing her degree in the early seventies. It looks exactly like a navy Kelly and is beautifully made.
I was her smart handbag and she was [and is ] unaware and not remotely interested in Hermès or other status perceived handbags . Still looks immaculate , it's a shame she no longer uses it.
The idea of fakes seemed to spring from the eighties when aspirational dressing took hold. Labels became the all ,with a great loss of individuality and free spirit.

Reactions: modish_Michelle
I own Hermes, Celine and LV. I married into a family that frowns upon luxury items, though they can afford them. They feel it's a waste of money. All my handbags have very subtle branding. My husband's nephew's wife has a bag that looks almost identical to my Celine, but knowing the brand, she probably spent $100 at a factory outlet, compared to my Celine pricetag. I kept the brand name turned towards me our whole visit, and without knowing what my handbag brand is, she beamed that we had the same bag. I know what I have quality-wise, and she didn't pass her bag off for anything it wasn't. No big deal.

Hopefully, that is what the people who buy from this site will do. If they don't, its sad they feel the need to represent their bag as something it's not.

I say, "Oh well, love your bag!" Personally speaking, the Kardashians killed any appetite I had for a Birkin, anyway.

A friend was given a Suzy Smith bag by her parents for completing her degree in the early seventies. It looks exactly like a navy Kelly and is beautifully made.
I was her smart handbag and she was [and is ] unaware and not remotely interested in Hermès or other status perceived handbags . Still looks immaculate , it's a shame she no longer uses it.
The idea of fakes seemed to spring from the eighties when aspirational dressing took hold. Labels became the all ,with a great loss of individuality and free spirit.

+1

I actually was not too aware of brands up until I became with certain group of people. I just buy what I like. I don't look at magazines much so unless I go online, I wouldn't really know if something was a knock off or not. Fast fashion brands like Zara and the stuff also knock off luxury labels and vice versa. Believe it or not, nowadays luxury labels are also copying fast fashion. and in cosmetics, I find that luxury brands copying the latest Korean fade!!

So I don't feel it's a huge deal as long as it's not an actual counterfeit and someone isn't paying thousands for a fake.

I LOVE the idea behind Teddy Blake, and as I started to browse the site, I fell in love with the colors. That said, I know, YOU know and WE ALL know the inspiration behind these bags. I've fallen heavily over heels for a certain Birkin 35 that's captured my heart (no joke) and it's to the point that I don't even consider any other bag at this point. It's $11,000 and if I had the money right now, maaaaaaaaaaaaaaan I'd buy it TODAY.

For me, because I have my heart set on the real thing, I'll pass.
I don't just want the design, call me shallow, but I want the logo and prestige too!

I was intrigued by all the YouTubers reviewing this bag maker. The bags appear very well made and I was ready to pull the trigger. I own several LV, Gucci as well as some less expensive bags like luana and coach. I buy for the design and quality so like is said I was ready to buy then I saw all the fake reviews on their website and that has been a complete turn off to me. I know someone that writes fake reviews for a living. So not cool!

I saw these bags on YT. They are very pricey for an inspired by bag!

Honestly I am ok with inspired by xx bags. Some people just do not want to pay ridiculous amounts of money on a bag so Teddy Blake bags fill this niche. I've been subtly insulted many times regarding my purse purchases. Amazingly enough these very people who profess their horror at my wilful spending will ask me to sell them my Bs and Ks at a cheaper price if I ever tire of them. I am only against counterfeits and cheapskates ;)

Google image Playnomore, they are very popular too.

Status
Not open for further replies.