Teacher Vent Thread - *SUPPORT ONLY!*

Oh nooooooooooooooo fabae! I'm so sorry!!!!!! :hugs: why on earth was she fired!? - that's so crazy if you loved her, she must have been doing something right? EEK!

I honestly don't know what to say but I hope and pray things go well for you!

The problem is that I don't work in a public school system. (That would - maybe not these days!? - provide a little more job security.) I work in a system where a principal answers to one person, and if there's a personality conflict between the principal and her superior - which is what I think happened here because the principal was amazing - you're a goner. She didn't do anything wrong. From everything I can figure, it was a personality conflict. Actually, just like at my last school (which, by the way, is falling apart at the seams because of who they brought in to be principal there.)

I hope things are going to be okay. I think they will be, but I'm also trying to put the worry in a higher power's hands and just carry on. What else can I do? Everyone's been very supportive of each other, though, and the vibe hasn't changed, so that's good. I love the assistant principal, too, and she's the one who's going to be principal for the rest of the year. We'll see what comes after that...

Thanks for the support!!

The problem is that I don't work in a public school system. (That would - maybe not these days!? - provide a little more job security.) I work in a system where a principal answers to one person, and if there's a personality conflict between the principal and her superior - which is what I think happened here because the principal was amazing - you're a goner. She didn't do anything wrong. From everything I can figure, it was a personality conflict. Actually, just like at my last school (which, by the way, is falling apart at the seams because of who they brought in to be principal there.)

I hope things are going to be okay. I think they will be, but I'm also trying to put the worry in a higher power's hands and just carry on. What else can I do? Everyone's been very supportive of each other, though, and the vibe hasn't changed, so that's good. I love the assistant principal, too, and she's the one who's going to be principal for the rest of the year. We'll see what comes after that...

Thanks for the support!!

Well that doesn't sound SO bad... at least the person replacing her you like as well! Good luck with everything, keep us posted!

I'm on my break - first semester at this new school done and pretty successful! And, next semester I should be teaching repeats of what I taught this semester so YAY, I can work on making my curriculum BETTER instead of just surviving new material AGAIN.

Enjoy your holidays everyone! :hugs:

Hi, just getting caught up - we work through Friday - I can only imagine what the kids will be like towards the end of the week.:nuts:
I hope everyone has a happy, safe holiday - with a lot of Swag - we deserve it! I got a Dunkin Donuts gift card today, which is awesome - because teachers run on Dunkins!

Well, CLEARLY, having given birth to a child makes you more of an expert at education and curriculum that someone who has a college degree and umpteen years of experience in the field. Duh. :noggin:

While we're at it, let's take all teachers out of the classroom and replace them with parents with no such degree or experience but in possession of gigantic egos. See how much they freaking know then.

You know the acronym FML? How about FMC(areer)? Seriously.

And did I mention - :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Are we all really this happy this year?:P
I have about 39 days left. The kids have been great this year, but wow - my co-workers have gotten really "cliquey" and quite few are mean-spirtited...but I guess that is what classroom doors are for!
There are a lot of other great people in the building though, so I hang with them!

NINE more days.

I'm so tired of this year. I'm tired of teachers being blamed for things beyond our control. I hate that every governor in our state since ever runs on an education platform and then screws us over when it comes time to negotiate contracts.

Does any one on here co-teach?

that's another yuck.

NINE more days.

I'm so tired of this year. I'm tired of teachers being blamed for things beyond our control. I hate that every governor in our state since ever runs on an education platform and then screws us over when it comes time to negotiate contracts.

Does any one on here co-teach?

that's another yuck.

It needed to be said again.

How's early summer going for everybody? I suppose most of us are out now, right? I feel a weight's been lifted. A huuuuuge weight!

BTW, I have an interview tomorrow in a different system. * fingers crossed * Send happy thoughts my way, please!!

We had a family camping trip the week after school let out, so now that we're back I finally am relaxing. I just heard through the grapevine that our most senior member in our dept is retiring. She didn't tell anyone, and unlike most other dept sr member, she taught 9th grade exclusively. I feel sorry for whoever new is coming into that line.

I want her room though.