Stylebook with bakeacookie

Both dresses are great, I’m sure you’ll get a lot of wear out of them. I’m glad you found something so pretty to remember your aunt, what a nice way to do that! Also love the charm. I was debating getting one myself. (I loved the way my oldest son said double decker bus when he was little). My bracelet is heavy as it is, but there might be one more opening :biggrin:

Thank you! The charm is super cute! The wheels move! If there’s room for one more, why not? [emoji6]

Reactions: Marylin
I think you are doing well! Hard challenge to take on! I have been adding skirts back into my wardrobe since following your thread. My husband really likes the look, too! (I never knew he cared one way or the other.:smile:) I have discovered that I can have just as hard a time with a skirt's fit as I can a dress. Being top heavy is a struggle.

I love your Burberry espadrilles!:heart: I like your choices of dresses from GAP. I hope you have better luck than I do. I find their quality and fits all over the place. Almost as bad as J Crew. The good thing is that most GAP stores carry a good inventory, so it can be tried on in store vs ordering. I do like a lot of their online exclusives, though. :doh:

DBF likes it when I wear skirts and dresses too. Then again, when we met, I wore skirts every day.

When you’re top heavy, everything is hard to shop for. At least with skirts you don’t have to worry about inseam, trousers cut, and what shade of indigo jeans need to be [emoji23]

I hope my dresses last a year. Since Gap is inexpensive, and unfortunately fast fashions I have low expectations on durability. I already wash everything on delicate and air dry. It should help somewhat.

I hear you on the online exclusives! I always end up liking online exclusives and I think you have to mail those back for a refund. [emoji36] makes it difficult to buy.

I’m trying to find more sustainable dresses, but since I want a pull over dress, it really limits my options. Eileen Fisher has one. But it wasn’t a nice color on me. :sad: so I’ll keep looking and keep caring for my clothes so they last at least full year till they need replacing.

Wow I haven’t kept up with my monthly updates at all! [emoji85]

But here’s an update with my shopping.

Five freebies:
1. Tiffany & Co Grove Exclusive : Love Always heart charm
2. Gap Floral dresses (cheated here, I got 3 dresses)
3. Burberry espadrilles
4. Coach tea rose camera bag
5. Uniqlo grey cardigan

Yup! Item 5 was a simple grey cardigan. My cardigans were all black and navy, so a light color to go with the Gap dresses seemed to be a good decision.

The fantastic thing about wearing dresses is that you wash them, hang dry them, and there’s 5 full outfits for the week [emoji23]

I’ve decided for now I’ll wear my dresses in my summer rotation, my skirts and tees for winter rotation.

A bit boring, yes, because it’s all the same every week, but it does cut down on my getting ready time, cuts back on my laundry effort, and my water-detergent.

I seem to can’t keep up inputting outfits on Stylebook, I typically enter each item separately each day. So I’ll go back to sharing my favorite outfits again. [emoji4]

Five freebies:
3. Burberry espadrilles
5. Uniqlo grey cardigan

Yup! Item 5 was a simple grey cardigan. My cardigans were all black and navy, so a light color to go with the Gap dresses seemed to be a good decision.

The fantastic thing about wearing dresses is that you wash them, hang dry them, and there’s 5 full outfits for the week [emoji23]

I’ve decided for now I’ll wear my dresses in my summer rotation, my skirts and tees for winter rotation.

A bit boring, yes, because it’s all the same every week, but it does cut down on my getting ready time, cuts back on my laundry effort, and my water-detergent.

I seem to can’t keep up inputting outfits on Stylebook, I typically enter each item separately each day. So I’ll go back to sharing my favorite outfits again. [emoji4]
You did spectacularly! I’m amazed how well you kept your ban. And you developed a whole new routine that you might not have had without the ban. Wearing dresses in the summer is so easy and pretty, who cares if it’s the same ones all the time. Looking forward to your outfit overview!

Reactions: bakeacookie

Five freebies:
3. Burberry espadrilles
5. Uniqlo grey cardigan

Looking forward to seeing which outfits have been your favorites!

Just did another round of cleaning out.

4 dresses, 1 skirt out.
3 dresses, 1 trousers for consignment/eBay.

2 maxi dresses will be let go at the end of the summer. They’re looking really worn.

Currently at 75 clothing items (tops, bottoms, dresses, outerwear).
Great job!
I am floored at the 75 clothing items… I don't think I could do it and I'm trying to reduce!
(I have a problem with black pants and white shirts…)

Great job!
I am floored at the 75 clothing items… I don't think I could do it and I'm trying to reduce!
(I have a problem with black pants and white shirts…)

It’s kinda easy when things don’t fit .... [emoji28][emoji28]
Also easy when I have to let go of things that don’t fit in my work environment. So circumstances led me to downsize lol

I’m a bit envious of those who get to have fun dressing up for work [emoji23] they’d think I’d be nuts wearing heels to work here.

It’s kinda easy when things don’t fit .... [emoji28][emoji28]
Also easy when I have to let go of things that don’t fit in my work environment. So circumstances led me to downsize lol

I’m a bit envious of those who get to have fun dressing up for work [emoji23] they’d think I’d be nuts wearing heels to work here.
I could see that making a difference - my work environment is pretty much business casual. I do wear a skirt and heels (I do like to look nice) almost everyday in warmer weather, and even in the winter if I can get to the car or office without freezing to death on the way.
I think I just have too many clothes… :doh:
I am trying to make an effort to not buy any more "Work Clothes" and especially Formal dresses. I need formal dresses once or twice a year and I think I'm just going to stick with my current black one(s) and stop worrying about it - I'm done buying a new one every year.
If I have to get something, I'm trying to make sure it's something I can wear in a more casual (meaning out to dinner with friends or Mr Cookie, things like that) setting as well.
But it's hard! :shocked:

I could see that making a difference - my work environment is pretty much business casual. I do wear a skirt and heels (I do like to look nice) almost everyday in warmer weather, and even in the winter if I can get to the car or office without freezing to death on the way.
I think I just have too many clothes… :doh:
I am trying to make an effort to not buy any more "Work Clothes" and especially Formal dresses. I need formal dresses once or twice a year and I think I'm just going to stick with my current black one(s) and stop worrying about it - I'm done buying a new one every year.
If I have to get something, I'm trying to make sure it's something I can wear in a more casual (meaning out to dinner with friends or Mr Cookie, things like that) setting as well.
But it's hard! :shocked:

I wish I stopped buying work clothes during my lab days. After lab days I stopped wearing them! [emoji23]

Formal dresses are hard. I think you could always just stick to the ones you have and accessorize it. Not like anyone remembers what you wore last time, right? Hopefully?

It is hard to cut back. I feel like I’m missing out on prime dress up days lol.

Let go of the two dresses now.

Sometimes it’s just better to do one trip to donate than multiple.

73 items.

IMG_5154.jpg

I pretty much kept what I currently fit in, am comfortable in, and what I’m happy in. No fiddling, no worrying, carefree items.

My do not buy list:
Jackets & coats
Winter scarves
Sweaters
Boots
Heels
Earrings
Pearls
Brooches
Twilly / bandeaus

Let go of the two dresses now.

Sometimes it’s just better to do one trip to donate than multiple.

73 items.

View attachment 4111512

I pretty much kept what I currently fit in, am comfortable in, and what I’m happy in. No fiddling, no worrying, carefree items.

My do not buy list:
Jackets & coats
Winter scarves
Sweaters
Boots
Heels
Earrings
Pearls
Brooches
Twilly / bandeaus

You’re doing great! Geting dressed must be so easy!