Students: What do you wear to school?

Hehe, I NEVER wore pjs to class... tempting, very tempting... but I figured if I'm too lazy to get dressed to go to class, I may as well stay in my room and nap until I'm ready to get up. If I can't even put decent clothes on, how am I going to learn? Lol

Both undergrad and grad I live(d) in tshirts and jeans. I try to upgrade the look to a polo and slacks when I teach. I don't find it disrespectful that undergrads wear casual clothing or pyjamas to class - as long as they're present and paying attention I don't mind at all!

I do have to say that I mind when undergrads wear "club" clothing to class, though. Micro minis and tube tops (and worse sometimes)? Save it for the party scene, please. It makes me uncomfortable to interact with students who are scantily clad, it's like I don't want to look at them but I'm so shocked that I do, then I feel bad...it's out of place in a college classroom I think.

I go to a catholic high school,and on dress down days I wear Juicy sweats,juicy tee's,free people tee's,abercrombie tee's,juicy hoodies & RL hoodies,french connection tee's,polo's,diesel & puma & lacoste sneakers,designer denim,black short uggs

jeans, jeans, jeans. Paired with either a casual or a nice top depending on my mood. I have all kinds of jeans, from casual to slightly dressy so it can go from very comfortable to slightly dressy. I put more effort in my afternoon classes than morning. For morning, it's hard enough to just get there on time

hmm, in my regular school days(w/c is about a year ago) i usually wear lacoste poloshirt, jeans and pumps(round or pointed) or flats or just tank top, jeans/capri pants, and rubbershoes(dkny, lacoste, prada, nike, adidas.etc).... .matching it with my mono bags:graucho:

I go to a pretty preppy college so I live in my Polo shirts, oxfords, and sorority/frat t-shirts for the most part. It's nice bc I don't have to think twice about what I'm wearing.. just pull it out of the closet and I'm good to go LOL.

And OMG Vanojr's post just reminded me of the one time I was sitting in a seminar and this girl literally showed up in her sports bra and shorts :wtf: Now that was a bit much!

For the morning classes, I usually wear juicy sweats with appropriate shoes depending on the weather. In the afternoon, I usually stick to jeans and a nice top. Designer bags are a big thing on my campus, so I dont really have to think twice about taking my beloved bags with me to class.

my college is super preppy, and on most warm days, i'm in a skirt (above-the-knee denim or at-the-knee white linen are my faves) with a bright ralph lauren polo and jcrew flip flops. when it's cold, i go for a cable knit sweater, denim pencil skirt, and knee-high suede flat boots. i don't wear pants, except for maybe the ocassional pair of sweats with sneakers and a UGA hoodie when it's cold and raining outside.

Man I'm such a lazy butt at school. I never dress up unless I have a presentation or something, its just not worth it! Everythings uphill and I dont want to get my nicer clothes all sweaty and stuff. I'm just concerned about going to class, studying and sleep LOL So I'm usually just in jeans and a shirt, maybe a tank top. I think I wore a skirt maybe once all school year last term. Everyone at my college must think I'm a bum but I dont care :P

sonya said:
I disagree that girls who "dress up" -- ie don't wear jeans and flip flops -- stick out like a sore thumb. They may look different, but I think the overall look is nice.

I actually think that it is rude for people to wear very casual things like pajamas to class (I'm not saying that you do). I understand that it's comfortable but it's disrepectful to the professor/teacher.

I'm not a fan of girls wearing very skimpy clothing to class, but the ones who noticeably put an effort to what they wear should not be looked down upon.

At my school, people wore anything from pajamas (5%) to jeans and a casual top (20%) to something hippyish (5%) to preppy (50%) to what I would consider fashionable for college (20%). I went to a all-female school, so no one was dressing for men.

I am guilty of wearing pajamas to class :sad: BUT only because I had an 8am class and when I would wake up late I didnt have time to change. It wasnt anything too obvious or skimpy though (like some boy shorts LOL) just sweat pants and a tshirt. Darn that 8am class, never again I say!

During the summer, I usually wear a polo and a miniskirt. Or a summer dress. Yeah, not particularly creative but hey, it's school. I wear flip-flops with everything because I have a huge campus and there's no way I'd make it in heels!

In the winter, it's not particularly cold. I just wear jeans and Uggs (yes, I know some hate them, but they're essential for most college girls I know) and various sweatshirts bearing the name of universities more prestigious than mine that friends give me! lol But really, I just wear a lot of college sweatshirts from all over during the winter. Chic? No, sorry!

Jeans, khakis, plain tank tops, solid color T-shirts, flipflops, cardigans or zip up hoodies, Ralph Lauren oxford shirts, cable-knit sweaters, my college hoodie, leggings, birkenstock clogs, new balance sneakers.

I find these brands comofrtable for plain tshirts/tanks/hoodies: Abercrombie, Banana Republic, Gap, Free People, James Perse, Michael Stars, C&C, AMerican Apparel.
Leggings from So-Lows and Abercrombie and flip flops from Rainbows and Reefs.

I like to be more creative with my clothes when I go out or for special occasions but for school I'm always comfortable, plain, appropriately covered, and ready to learn :angel:.

Since it´s for school I don´t care what I wear. I´m there to learn not to show off. So, I would say anything that´s clean. Sometimes I even wear jeans that I slept in. Of course not my underwear.. :smile:

Ronja