Students: What do you wear to school?

I know I look ridiculous- I go to a hippy/ preppy school (I know, weird mix, but its true) and I wear designer denim, flowy blouses, pencil or mini skirts, designer bags, and heels. Always designer heels- stillettos, wedges, or stacked. Also, my campus has many hills, so I train myself to get used to new shoes before I wear them to school.

Of course, it was kind of embarrassing when I fell down the stairs in my 4 inch MJ mary janes...

One time, when i was a student, (I went to a catholic school, and although you had to wear a uniform i wore 4 inch school shoes) I wasnt paying attention and i was going down the school stairs and I tripped and fell on my knees and there was all this blood (yuck!!) going down my knees and my friends i think at that time had been screaming and I had to go to the hospital and get six stitches in my knee. I may still be a clutz, but at least i wear good shoes.

My uni is strange when it comes to dressing and i think my class are snobs with our dress sense. The rest of the uni in the main campus all dress sooo casual! Like board shorts, flip flops and a UNI hoody.

Compared to us, who are at the medical school (for lectures) away from the main campus kinda dress up. Some girls wear trousers everyday but the majority, always in jeans, flat shoes, and a nice top with a nice bag. Then when we go to the Dental Hospital (practicals and lectures there) everyone wears suits/ pencil skirts/heels etc. If not then it's no practical for you. "You can't let patients' see you like that" lol xx

My style is always evolving. I tend to favor a mod-oriented or rock 'n roll tinged look, even though that has become so cliche. I'm also drawn to very miltaristic clothing - think Burberry FW 2007. I love pop art aesthetics, too, and often play with shocking contrasts. Lately, I've been dressing more understated & sophisticated, like models are instructed to ;). I'm seeing the value of "less is more", although I always like there to be an unexpected twist to my outfits. I'm looking forward to rocking grey this winter. And plenty of boots (booty, ankle, mid-calf, and knee length!) and probably some Oxford heels. I will buy new pumps (I like the new BCBG grey patent heels...very Miu Miu) and maybe a pair of Tory Burch flats, which will be put into rotation with the others. I'm thinking of getting a pair of Sperry rainboots in either green or black for wicked weather.

"Premium denim" skinny jeans with a cool top or blouse and heels or flats along with one of my many bags (lately, totes) are the de rigeur wardrobe of late. I go to a university where bootleg jeans and Uggs are still in & flaunting oneself (especially if female) in something other than a sweatshirt & flip-flops can come across as "uppity"! So, I'm a fashion pariah, but proudly so! Ever since age 14, I've outdressed my peers & it hasn't always been easy because people label you, but I know at the end of the day, that I'm in the advantageous position, not them. When I start busting out the navy-on-blue or art deco/grey monochromatic ensembles this winter (possibly with lurex stockings and all!) I am aware that I am really going to stand out as an ambitious dresser. But their fashion cluelessness is not my problem. I'm sorry if I to take pride in my appearance & wear something than my post-kegger boxers & tee shirt to class. God. *shudders*

Oh, I just bought this great Theory canvas studded tote for an occassional schoolbag. It's unassuming & anonymous enough, but a more knowledgeable onlooker will see its hidden charms. I like Theory, Miu Miu, and Thakoon for that kind of high-end simplicity. It's like cosmopolitan Ivy league chic. I see "The Row" is kind of taking that approach to design, too. Not bad.

56f7_1.JPG

I wear dresses and ballerina flats in nice weather. In winter I wear fleece dresses and Uggs. I like to be comfortable but I hate looking like a hobo. I prefer chic but boring to sweats and sneakers.

In college I dressed to impress myself haha... some days it was jeans, heels and a cute top, other days it was jeans, a tee and flats... plus I played tennis, so I often went to practice straight from classes, or had about two seconds to change out of what I was wearing before going. :smile:

When I did the Wall Street semester, I wore dress pants, nice shoes, conservative tops, etc. in keeping with the places we went to. I never wore pj's to class... I think it's very childish IMO... you can at least throw on jeans and a tee, even if you're hungover haha.:shrugs:

Now I'm a grad student, and anything goes really... even my teachers dress fairly casually, so I don't feel the need to dress up. :smile: I usually wear jeans, heels/TB flats and a cute top/tank layered under a tee. Occasionally, I'll wear a casual dress (but never sloppy, I hate that). I actually like to dress up out of the classroom a lot... dresses, skirts, nice heels, etc. Hmmm... when it gets cooler, and I'm heading to classes, I'll probably throw on my nice coats over skinny jeans and a tunic, or something else... depends on how long I have to get dressed haha. :P I think anything goes, as long as you're tasteful and aren't dressed like you're an extra in a 50 Cent video and/or forgot you're not in bed (aka wearing pj's). :P

I typically try to look presentable - like, I never go without makeup... I never wear dresses or anything like that... shoes flip-flops, ballerina flats, or in the fall/winter uggs. Skinny jeans, leggings, flares, yoga pants and occasionally juicy trackpants. I don't typically wear sweatshirts out of the house - sweaters, wraps, tunics etc I love.

chic but casual clothes, Im actually at school right now and Im carrying my black leather hand bag from white flirt. it s quite big and I can carry it by hand or throw it across my body. im wearing a long pink knit and a pink wool scarf as it's pretty cold. And im wearing dark jeans :smile: I've tied my hair in chignon.

I know I look ridiculous- I go to a hippy/ preppy school (I know, weird mix, but its true) and I wear designer denim, flowy blouses, pencil or mini skirts, designer bags, and heels. Always designer heels- stillettos, wedges, or stacked. Also, my campus has many hills, so I train myself to get used to new shoes before I wear them to school.

Of course, it was kind of embarrassing when I fell down the stairs in my 4 inch MJ mary janes...

You're my hero lol, I always wear Rock & Republic to uni, tho people look at me strangely because no one wears designer stuff, they're all really scruffy looking/casual. Even the girls, so sometimes I get some *****y comments :sad:

Jeans JEANS JEANS! every color, style, fi... & assorted tees, tanks, button up shirts, denim minis, sweats [CUTE ones of course!], hoodies, leggings, flats, sneakers, UGGs...anything comfy! Lots of layering in the winter... :P Oh and def. flip flops in the summer. LIVE in them. Yeah..i have really casual style compared to a lot of you hehe

whatever looks put together but still casual enough for school ;) and doesnt take forever to put on.

I wear what is comfortable and what is stylish/cute. I wear a lot of cute dresses/skirts in the summer and spring, I wear a lot of jeans and sweaters/cute tops and I wear a few track suits in the fall. I think that as long as you look presentable there is nothing wrong. I always dress modestly and try to look nice. I dress up more when I will be spending time with my boyfriend after class. I love dressing up for myself because it makes me feel better and I feel good at school so I learn better. I love going to school and I love all of my classes at the moment especially my research and methods class.

I buy my basic things in different colors, because I'm usually rushing out the door to get to my 8AM class and I don't have time to dress up. Although on days I have a later class I wear jeans and a cute blouse.

I go to night classes after work so I wear a suit, I'm afraid. But when I did my first college degree I used to wear jeans and tees AND heels and a great handbag.

I miss it when I was still in college and could wear whatever striked my fancy~ sweats one day, maybe a Cavalli dress the next or even a ridiculous over the top sequin Marciano dress...sure I would get weird looks in my hooker heels, but that was all. Now that I work I have to dress conservatively. It's killing the stripper inside of me.