Show us your wedding dress

I got it!!

This Lela Rose from Net-a-Porter:

View attachment 2570250

I did discuss this dress on the forum a while back and I got sort of mixed reviews: some people didn't think it really 'went' with my actual wedding dress:

View attachment 2570252

But it stayed in my mind and I always think that's a good guide for what you really want, if you are still thinking about it months later! :biggrin:

It arrived today and it's even more beautiful than it looks in the pic, the lace work is just exquisite :girlsigh:

Yay!!! I wondered what you decided as I chimed in and thought it was perfect! ☺️

I hope you post modeling pics!! What's the wedding date?

Hi all,
I just got married 7 months ago and my beautiful friend had tailored made my wedding dresses for me. And i loved them :smile: I had a purple and white theme so I had a welcoming guess dress, my first dance main dress and my purple table dress which I had lots of compliments on. ImageUploadedByPurseForum1396956104.859433.jpgImageUploadedByPurseForum1396956304.254588.jpg ImageUploadedByPurseForum1396955656.964439.jpg
ImageUploadedByPurseForum1396955742.803066.jpg

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1396956481.738794.jpg

Thank you! I am really into the idea of having something from your wedding day that you can wear again :love:

Yes I totally agree! I'm going to treat myself to a nice black blazer to wear with my wedding dress for our outdoor photos (since it will be winter). Then I'll have something practical to keep and feel special re-wearing.

BagsNBaubles - I bought my dress last fall but literally tried it on for the first time about a week and a half ago at my fitting. We also had to order a smaller size than the sample - it's so weird to have to trust that the right size will be (mostly) right when it arrives. The beading on yours is GORGEOUS! As much as I love my lace dress I am definitely on the hunt for jewelry to add some sparkle.

How did your order turn out, was it a huge difference in your real size? It is awfully nerve wracking! I didn't post the pics of me actually wearing the sample because I look a bit "deflated" but I have to have confidence that the real one will look 1000x better. And I actually originally didn't any bling :lol: I pictured myself in blush colored organza and ended up with the complete opposite. So funny how that works :smile:

Yay!!! I wondered what you decided as I chimed in and thought it was perfect! ☺️

I hope you post modeling pics!! What's the wedding date?

Yes my dear, and I really really appreciate your support :yes: :love: It's good to know my taste isn't completely off!!

Our wedding is 2nd May next year and I'm so excited!! :woohoo: I literally cannot WAIT to be married to him :yes: :shame:

I will post modelling pics but am in my 'shedding for the wedding' phase so don't want to post pics just yet as could come out looking a bit sausage-y. And I mentioned I fleetingly tried the Lela Rose on when it arrived and I am a tiny bit concerned that it looked a little matronly (that high neckline and my generous bust :nogood: )

Anyway, I'm going to try it on again over the weekend when I'm relaxed and have proper underwear and shoes on to style it as I would actually wear it and then we'll see - sometimes I'm not confident and this one definitely needs my mum's opinion :biggrin:

Bitten - I love your going away dress - it is beautiful! I also love the idea of having something you can wear again after the wedding. For me it will be my clutch and my shoes.

BagsNBaubles - I bought my dress last fall but literally tried it on for the first time about a week and a half ago at my fitting. We also had to order a smaller size than the sample - it's so weird to have to trust that the right size will be (mostly) right when it arrives. The beading on yours is GORGEOUS! As much as I love my lace dress I am definitely on the hunt for jewelry to add some sparkle.

I love the idea of wearing your bridal shoes again!! :yes: :tup:

You'll have to let us know how you go in the jewellery search :biggrin:

How did your order turn out, was it a huge difference in your real size? It is awfully nerve wracking! I didn't post the pics of me actually wearing the sample because I look a bit "deflated" but I have to have confidence that the real one will look 1000x better. And I actually originally didn't any bling :lol: I pictured myself in blush colored organza and ended up with the complete opposite. So funny how that works :smile:

It's still a little big and needs to be taken in a touch but it's not like when I was trying on dresses and had to be clamped in!

Before I went to buy my dress with my mom and sisters I thought I was going to have a white dress but the blush was sooooo pretty! Basically when mom cried we all said yes to the dress.

I love the idea of wearing your bridal shoes again!! :yes: :tup:

You'll have to let us know how you go in the jewellery search :biggrin:

I'm still on the jewelry search but I do have shoes! This is my only pic bc I left them at my parents' house but I'll take more in a couple weeks when I'm back in NY for more fittings, the shower and to tie up loose ends before the wedding.

ImageUploadedByPurseForum1397048258.304888.jpg

I can't believe it's next month(!)

It's still a little big and needs to be taken in a touch but it's not like when I was trying on dresses and had to be clamped in!

Before I went to buy my dress with my mom and sisters I thought I was going to have a white dress but the blush was sooooo pretty! Basically when mom cried we all said yes to the dress.

I'm still on the jewelry search but I do have shoes! This is my only pic bc I left them at my parents' house but I'll take more in a couple weeks when I'm back in NY for more fittings, the shower and to tie up loose ends before the wedding.

View attachment 2573036

Love the pic of your shoes, they are gorgeous!

View attachment 2573036

Omg they are amazing!! I really like them :tup: and they will definitely add that sparkle you're after :yes: :P

Eeeeek, next month!!? I cannot imagine what I'll be like then, I'm so excited now, in a way I just want to be married to him now and we'll have the party later, kwim? :shame: :biggrin:

Love the pic of your shoes, they are gorgeous!

Omg they are amazing!! I really like them :tup: and they will definitely add that sparkle you're after :yes: :P

Eeeeek, next month!!? I cannot imagine what I'll be like then, I'm so excited now, in a way I just want to be married to him now and we'll have the party later, kwim? :shame: :biggrin:

They're so comfortable too! I know they might not look it but I was seriously Goldilocks and the 3 Bears about buying shoes - first store had gorgeous but uncomfortable shoes, second store had comfy shoes that weren't fun enough and the third shop was just right :smile:

My wedding is in 7 weeks - we're getting married on 5/31. DF & I are pretty relaxed about it since planning has gone relatively smoothly. The only thing that's been !!! are invitations - the paper we ordered arrived 3 weeks late so we're rushing them out the door this week. Yipe! Everyone on our "must invite" list received a save the date months ago & has the website and all the info so it's not really THAT bad. Otherwise we are mostly good to go other than dress/suit fittings and RSVP counts for the vendors.

They're so comfortable too! I know they might not look it but I was seriously Goldilocks and the 3 Bears about buying shoes - first store had gorgeous but uncomfortable shoes, second store had comfy shoes that weren't fun enough and the third shop was just right :smile:

My wedding is in 7 weeks - we're getting married on 5/31. DF & I are pretty relaxed about it since planning has gone relatively smoothly. The only thing that's been !!! are invitations - the paper we ordered arrived 3 weeks late so we're rushing them out the door this week. Yipe! Everyone on our "must invite" list received a save the date months ago & has the website and all the info so it's not really THAT bad. Otherwise we are mostly good to go other than dress/suit fittings and RSVP counts for the vendors.

So exciting - and the weather will be lovely in May :smile: