seems to me that...

Bag Fetish said:
ME! I have nothing against people that shop there but I refuse. We dont have target so i dont know what that store is like but we have walmart and the one that is close to me is AWFUL! I dont go there :yucky:

Are you in Alaska--one of only 3 states without Target? I think that one is coming there soon!

I have my very own Louis Vuitton fund that I contribute about $80 to, on average, every month. If I have spare cash, I stick it in the envelope, too. Worst case scenario, it serves as an emergency fund, but every year on June 14th (my bday), I'll see how much I have to spend and go to LV!

u guys make laugh cuz now that i think about it do the same thing! i love target forever 21 papaya and stuff like that...most of my shoes ar nine west and like 5 pairs of uggs(cuz they are my fave) but i think i love handbags more than expensive shoes and clothes...its very easy to dress cute for cheap but u need that handbag!

I'm pretty frugal with clothes and other things (except I eat organic food which cost alot of $). I love $$ bags so I save up insteading of just spending it here and there on cheap things.

I am not going to comment on my financial situation. That's a bit too personal. However, I grew up poor and my mom taught me how to stretch a dollar. I am the Wal-Mart/Aldi/dollar store queen. I also grow my own vegetables in the summer. This year, we got more than we could eat, so we've been giving them away. I clip coupons too. I learned how to cook and sew from my mom, so I have no trouble stretching my food and clothing dollars. In terms of clothes, we just got a Lane Bryant Outlet store, and I am in seventh heaven. They have some very nice, fashionable clothing for plus-sized women and the prices are great. They send me coupons for like $10 off in the mail all the time.

I like the process of saving for months and then splurge all my $$$ on LV during the Summer. I just wish I were smarter so that I could get more scholarships to fund my LV purchases! lol That said, I am not rich, but am not in debt either. I just buy whatever I can afford at the moment!:biggrin:

jane said:
Neither. I save, spend, and budget wisely. I make a comfortable salary but I am DEFINITELY not rich.

Same. When I have a design job (stay at home mommy and we live on hubby's salary) it's a bonus so I split it 3 ways...LOL Our son's college fund, our retirement fund and our fun fund which is then again split in 3 - vacation fund, special events fund and clothing and accessories. When I get enough in my part of the clothing and accessories fund, I buy LV!!! It takes a little longer but it's worth the wait and not having any credit card bills (we don't even have any credit cards).

I guess I am going to have go against the norm here.

I think that my lifestyle should have a balance. If my bags are high quality then the rest of my wardrobe would need to follow suit. That is also true for my car, shoes, etc. This for me, also means my family should have things that are equally nice, meaning I can’t go around wearing Jimmy Choos and my daughter is wearing shoes from Payless.

Everything needs to have a balance for me.

guys..i'd like to say something here....for those whom i've challenged, im sorry! the only reason for starting this thread is because i just wanted to see how i could figure out an improved budget for my LV indulges! but then again i pretty much found out that i'm the same..haha...i do do my target / walmart / dollar shop shopping!!! and...in for cheaper clothes because i hate wearing the same over and over again and because they shrink in the washer!!!

anyway, thanks for the feeedback! and i do think that if u don't like the topic, just don't respond! thanks guys!