seems to me that...

guys..i'd like to say something here....for those whom i've challenged, im sorry! the only reason for starting this thread is because i just wanted to see how i could figure out an improved budget for my LV indulges! but then again i pretty much found out that i'm the same..haha...i do do my target / walmart / dollar shop shopping!!! and...in for cheaper clothes because i hate wearing the same over and over again and because they shrink in the washer!!!

anyway, thanks for the feeedback! and i do think that if u don't like the topic, just don't respond! thanks guys!

My husband and I make a good living, and we only purhase what we need. We buy most things on sale, and DH bargains hard. Luxuries are for birthdays, and if we get a windfall (most of the money goes into the bank account, and a small fraction gets spent on luxuries).

I figure he has to buy me a birthday, christmas and anniversary present every year, so why not lump them together into a nice LV bag? I've only budgeted for 1 LV a year, but being on this forum has me itching for more.... :Push:

Michelle1025 said:
I guess I am going to have go against the norm here.
Michelle1025 said:

I think that my lifestyle should have a balance. If my bags are high quality then the rest of my wardrobe would need to follow suit. That is also true for my car, shoes, etc. This for me, also means my family should have things that are equally nice, meaning I can’t go around wearing Jimmy Choos and my daughter is wearing shoes from Payless.

Everything needs to have a balance for me.

i agree for the most part :smile: as for my LV purchases, some are gifts from the boyfriend, however he spends exactly like i do. Cash Only. I think we are among the few college students who do not have any debt.

Michelle1025 said:

I think that my lifestyle should have a balance. If my bags are high quality then the rest of my wardrobe would need to follow suit. That is also true for my car, shoes, etc. This for me, also means my family should have things that are equally nice, meaning I can’t go around wearing Jimmy Choos and my daughter is wearing shoes from Payless.

I understand where your coming from here, but let me ask you, how old is your daughter? My daughter is 5 and she DOES where shoes from Target. She gets them muddy and does not take care of them, and looses them constantly. I am most certainly not going to spend over 20 bucks on a pair of shoes or sneakers that she is going to ruin in less than 2 weeks time. I was looking at those childrens LV sneakers and thinking, how cute, but then, "what am I nuts??"

Janos614 said:
I have my very own Louis Vuitton fund that I contribute about $80 to, on average, every month. If I have spare cash, I stick it in the envelope, too. Worst case scenario, it serves as an emergency fund, but every year on June 14th (my bday), I'll see how much I have to spend and go to LV!

That's my birthday too!:yes:

tr444 said:
I understand where your coming from here, but let me ask you, how old is your daughter? My daughter is 5 and she DOES where shoes from Target. She gets them muddy and does not take care of them, and looses them constantly. I am most certainly not going to spend over 20 bucks on a pair of shoes or sneakers that she is going to ruin in less than 2 weeks time. I was looking at those childrens LV sneakers and thinking, how cute, but then, "what am I nuts??"

I so agree with you. I also buy kids items at target and kohls etc. Sure we have some great outfits from Hanna Andersson and Nordstrom, but for school they wear cheap clothes they can get dirty without me having a fit. I know others will disagree with me, but I can't see spending big bucks on items they will outgrow in a matter of months.

Kimm992 said:
It's just a question...if you don't want to answer it then just ignore the thread...no big deal!!!

I usually charge all my purchases and then when my bill comes I pay it off. I'm not rich by any means but make a good living and only have to support myself (no husband or kids) so I have the luxury of buying designer items if I want them!!!

Good answer Kimmy! I agree completely. :yes: My routine is like this: I try to space out a big purchase by hypothetically putting away 25% of the price of the bag per month...although I always end up buying the bag in month #2 or 3. :Push: I charge it, pay it off right away and then start all over again. :nuts:

My parents used to pay for all my shopping, but I spent a little too much recently and now they said if I want to buy something, I have to get a job. (i'm 16 btw.)

Starting September I will work part time as to not affect my school work (which is my priority) to fund my purchases. I don't pay any bills so my money will go towards Mr Vuitton and his dear friends haha. :lol: I do have a savings account and a mutual fund which my parents contribute to, but I can't touch that money - it's strictly for university. I don't have a credit card, nor will my parents co-sign for me so I won't be able to buy anything unless I have money. It all works out leaving me without debt and having savings too. :amuse:

Michelle1025 said:

Other than my premium jean fetish (in addition to the bags) most of my clothes are cheap. I hate investing money on things that will only last a few months.
I splurge on bags that last and on the rare occasion, shoes that I know I'll keep more than 2 years.

MY SON on the other hand-I don't know why, but I spend more on him than I do on my bags. At 2 years old his wardrobe is FULL of Polo, True Religion, Gap, Diesel and a few European designers. I can't help it :shame:

My high end SUV is parked in Target AT LEAST 3 times a week.
My husband wears jeans from Old Navy. :lol:

SURELY that's balanced...right?

crjhht said:
I so agree with you. I also buy kids items at target and kohls etc. Sure we have some great outfits from Hanna Andersson and Nordstrom, but for school they wear cheap clothes they can get dirty without me having a fit. I know others will disagree with me, but I can't see spending big bucks on items they will outgrow in a matter of months.

OT but a great place for kid shoes is Shoebuy Shoes - Free Shipping & Return Shipping - Mens Shoes, Womens Shoes

I get a lot of my sons shoes there.
He's two. They get destroyed or outgrown faster than I can pay for them, but the prices are good and there is ALWAYS a coupon floating about.
If you sign up you ALWAYS get 10% off and for the last year I've been using the code DISCOVER *using my Discover Card* to get an additional $10 off.
$40 shoes come out to $27.
It adds up.