Travel SAN FRANCISCO tips - questions - advice

Make sure you go to the Rotunda for lunch! Great view of Union Square, located in Neiman Marcus. Best lobster club sandwich. Book a reservation.

My favorite local Italian place is Ti Piacera. Local, family owned.
My other favorite is Nob Hill Cafe. If you go there, get there right at 6pm as they don't take reservations. They are two blocks from the Fairmont.

Bob's Donuts has the best. They are within walking distance on the same street as Ti Piacera.

For a fun cocktail hour, go to the Tonga Room in the Fairmont Hotel. For swanky cocktails, go across the street to the Top of the Mark in the Mark Hopkins Hotel. For old-school cocktails, to to the Big Four.

Avoid the Tenderloin area, use common sense, don't walk alone late at night.
Thank you so much for this advice!

Oh Oh! Everyone provided great recs, and I wanted to add a few that are all around the City and different types of cuisine if y'all are feeling adventurous (my apologies if these are repeats, :P):

- Liholiho Yacht Club (asian fusion)
- Kokkari Estiatorio (Mediterranean, Michelin-recommended, don't need to dress up to dine here)
- B Patisserie for their kouign amann, banana chocolate croissant, or their beautiful, and not-to-sweet cakes
- Arsicault Bakery for their almond croissants (or chocolate almond if you're feeling super indulgent)
- Jane's on Fillmore for their avocado toast (poached egg on top. Yes, please!)
- Mitchell's Ice Cream for their Grasshopper pie flavor (mint with fudge swirl, brownie and oreo). They also have Halo Halo!
- Little Sweet or T Pumps for boba
- True Laurel for interesting cocktails
- The Tailor's Son for Italian in Pacific Heights
- Dragon Beaux (sister restaurant to Palette Tea House, dim sum)
- Burma Superstar (Burmese)
- Flores ("Mexican," good cocktails)
- Lolinda (Latin American)
- Yuanbao Jiaozi (Chinese, they specialize in dumplings, including fish dumplings! Super fresh!)
- Marufuku Ramen

- hike in Muir Woods (beautiful redwood trees)
- bike across GG Bridge to Sausalito/Marin (wonderful views)

Hope you have an amazing time visiting SF!!! Let us know if you have any questions!

Reactions: poizenisxkandee
Oh Oh! Everyone provided great recs, and I wanted to add a few that are all around the City and different types of cuisine if y'all are feeling adventurous (my apologies if these are repeats, :P):

- Liholiho Yacht Club (asian fusion)
- Kokkari Estiatorio (Mediterranean, Michelin-recommended, don't need to dress up to dine here)
- B Patisserie for their kouign amann, banana chocolate croissant, or their beautiful, and not-to-sweet cakes
- Arsicault Bakery for their almond croissants (or chocolate almond if you're feeling super indulgent)
- Jane's on Fillmore for their avocado toast (poached egg on top. Yes, please!)
- Mitchell's Ice Cream for their Grasshopper pie flavor (mint with fudge swirl, brownie and oreo). They also have Halo Halo!
- Little Sweet or T Pumps for boba
- True Laurel for interesting cocktails
- The Tailor's Son for Italian in Pacific Heights
- Dragon Beaux (sister restaurant to Palette Tea House, dim sum)
- Burma Superstar (Burmese)
- Flores ("Mexican," good cocktails)
- Lolinda (Latin American)
- Yuanbao Jiaozi (Chinese, they specialize in dumplings, including fish dumplings! Super fresh!)
- Marufuku Ramen

- hike in Muir Woods (beautiful redwood trees)
- bike across GG Bridge to Sausalito/Marin (wonderful views)

Hope you have an amazing time visiting SF!!! Let us know if you have any questions!
thanks for this. I've got pages of thread to catch up on but really appreciate a particularly recent post. I'm going out that way for work next week and extended my trip to have some time to explore a bit on my own.

Anyone have any good secondhand shopping or local/not chain boutique recommendations, beyond any potentially already mentioned?

thanks for this. I've got pages of thread to catch up on but really appreciate a particularly recent post. I'm going out that way for work next week and extended my trip to have some time to explore a bit on my own.

Anyone have any good secondhand shopping or local/not chain boutique recommendations, beyond any potentially already mentioned?

I don't shop much secondhand but if you go to Union Square, there's a RealReal there which is nice to check out! I haven't bought anything from there but they lots of bags you can check out and try on. There's a Fashionphile within the Neiman Marcus here but it's not a retail store and you can't browse, you can only drop off items/get quotes.

I don't shop much secondhand but if you go to Union Square, there's a RealReal there which is nice to check out! I haven't bought anything from there but they lots of bags you can check out and try on. There's a Fashionphile within the Neiman Marcus here but it's not a retail store and you can't browse, you can only drop off items/get quotes.
good to know, thanks!

Reactions: caffelatte

I'm going to preface this with the fact that I don't shop much secondhand so I don't know if my response carries much weight, BUT I have walked past some stores with cool threads in the window (may not be designer (if that's what you're optimizing for) but still great finds):
- Community Thrift (Mission district)
- Crossroads Trading (on Market or Fillmore streets)
- Buffalo Exchange (in the Haight)
- Wasteland (in the Haight)

For designer stuff, I consign at TheRealReal (downtown, they are a bit of a chain?), and I Googled and found Jane Consignment (Richmond District), and it looks like they also carry a small selection of designer items.

Ambiance is a popular, local/San Francisco chain.

More food recs include: Stonemill Matcha in the Mission, and Son & Garden in the Tenderloin/Civic Center Area

Hope this helps!

• Love
I'm going to preface this with the fact that I don't shop much secondhand so I don't know if my response carries much weight, BUT I have walked past some stores with cool threads in the window (may not be designer (if that's what you're optimizing for) but still great finds):
- Community Thrift (Mission district)
- Crossroads Trading (on Market or Fillmore streets)
- Buffalo Exchange (in the Haight)
- Wasteland (in the Haight)

For designer stuff, I consign at TheRealReal (downtown, they are a bit of a chain?), and I Googled and found Jane Consignment (Richmond District), and it looks like they also carry a small selection of designer items.

Ambiance is a popular, local/San Francisco chain.

More food recs include: Stonemill Matcha in the Mission, and Son & Garden in the Tenderloin/Civic Center Area

Hope this helps!
Fabulous, thanks so much!