SAKS- For those near Maryland

What were the prices for the bags??

The cheapest was about $449, the most expensive was $699. A great deal if you really like Nancy Gonzalez. Sorry no spy pics, I wasn't sure if that would be kosher - even though I had hoped to record (film) the place.

There was a Gold Brighton Shoulder Bag by MJ for about $1000 me thinks.

Here is an online pic of one of the Gonzalez bags I saw:
http://www.railso.com/sale/women/bags/clutches/nancy-gonzales-mustard-crocodile-leather-clutch-bag
This bag was something between taupe and green in color.

The other was a hobo with a zip in the front. Can't remember what the other bag looked like. Oh there was a Valentino croc clutch. It was cute but over a thousand. WIll do a quick search to see if I can find a pic.

Sooo...

I went there today. I spent $20 to refill the gas I used up and $6 in tolls.
I bought a beat up wallet for $25 ( I regret the purchase).
The resellers were there and got all the lovely looking dresses.
There was a Marc Jacobs bag, 3 Nancy Gonzalez bags (croc), Prada shoes, a Burberry watch and everything else was beat up to hell. Brian Atwood grey suede pumps looked divine but were too big and may have been used (same for used Miu Mius and a few other shoes).

I know that this is a hit or miss thing and it was a super miss for me.

The folks who go there all know each other. They knew I was a 'virgin' lol! One gentleman was very helpful and gave me tips. He (and others) go there "everyday" its open, so he said. Another guy warned me that "its very addicting". Well, maybe if I had found something.

Glad I did it so I don't keep wondering about it.

On to the next....

Thank you for the report. I'd like to try going there but now I have this mental picture of it being like a club I don't have a membership to and I'm a little bit scared lol.

I'm sorry about your less than stellar experience:sad: I went there last Wednesday, and it was the first time I had gone in a year. The line is super long now:/ I did find some great items though. They had 3 Herve Leger dresses, all for $299. I bought a pair of Prada pumps, David Yurman studs, and J Brand jeans, so it was a successful trip for me.

Thank you for the report. I'd like to try going there but now I have this mental picture of it being like a club I don't have a membership to and I'm a little bit scared lol.

Oh, I'm sorry if my report was super negative :smile:

I'd say if you want to go, and it wouldn't be an inconvenience, then go. I probably would have had a bit more fun, if I'd dragged a girlfriend. lol! Who knows, the day you go there may be a whole bunch of goodies to be had.

It did seem a tad cliquish, but in all honesty, the guys were very nice and friendly. The girls were all business, and I'm not even mad at them. Those women knew what they were doing.

I no longer regret buying the little wallet, but I daresay, I won't return. I'm putting my thoughts about the day down and including tips I received from the pros that were there. Will PM the link to you when its done. How are you, anyway? Hope well.

I'm sorry about your less than stellar experience:sad: I went there last Wednesday, and it was the first time I had gone in a year. The line is super long now:/ I did find some great items though. They had 3 Herve Leger dresses, all for $299. I bought a pair of Prada pumps, David Yurman studs, and J Brand jeans, so it was a successful trip for me.

Gosh, please don't mind me, I was just bummed when I gave my initial report. I still wouldn't return, but I can see how it would be a great place when they have loads more stuff. One of the staff told me that it was a slow day merchandise-wise and that if I'd come on a better day, I'd have lost my mind.

Sadly, I feel that I can find similar (sometimes better) deals at the TJ Maxx, Nordstrom Rack, Last Call and Marshalls stores around me and I don't have to stand in line, wait for the resellers left overs or drive an hour and a half. Still, I'd probably be singing a different tune if the Brian Atwood or Gucci shoes that I almost bought had been my size. :biggrin:

Glad you were able to score some fabulous stuff. The Yurman studs are probably divine!

Oh, I'm sorry if my report was super negative :smile:

I'd say if you want to go, and it wouldn't be an inconvenience, then go. I probably would have had a bit more fun, if I'd dragged a girlfriend. lol! Who knows, the day you go there may be a whole bunch of goodies to be had.

It did seem a tad cliquish, but in all honesty, the guys were very nice and friendly. The girls were all business, and I'm not even mad at them. Those women knew what they were doing.

I no longer regret buying the little wallet, but I daresay, I won't return. I'm putting my thoughts about the day down and including tips I received from the pros that were there. Will PM the link to you when its done. How are you, anyway? Hope well.

Hmm, I guess I won't make a special trip out there then but I might go during one of my trips to Maryland Live since I'll have already crossed the border lol. I look forward to reading more about your experience :smile:

I'm good thanks, and I hope you are too. I'm not sure if you're an LV girl but there's a meetup being planned for next month so stop by the LV subforum if you're interested!

Aluxe said:
Gosh, please don't mind me, I was just bummed when I gave my initial report. I still wouldn't return, but I can see how it would be a great place when they have loads more stuff. One of the staff told me that it was a slow day merchandise-wise and that if I'd come on a better day, I'd have lost my mind.

Sadly, I feel that I can find similar (sometimes better) deals at the TJ Maxx, Nordstrom Rack, Last Call and Marshalls stores around me and I don't have to stand in line, wait for the resellers left overs or drive an hour and a half. Still, I'd probably be singing a different tune if the Brian Atwood or Gucci shoes that I almost bought had been my size. :biggrin:

Glad you were able to score some fabulous stuff. The Yurman studs are probably divine!

Oh no, I totally value your honest opinion! It really is hit or miss going there, and sometimes I will drive the 90 minutes and it will be closed:/ But I think I see it as the shopping mecca bc I only go there 3-5 times a year and I always end up buying something. I've attached a pic of the earrings, I really love them!

Attachments

• image-2976185365.jpg
    image-2976185365.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 861
Oh no, I totally value your honest opinion! It really is hit or miss going there, and sometimes I will drive the 90 minutes and it will be closed:/ But I think I see it as the shopping mecca bc I only go there 3-5 times a year and I always end up buying something. I've attached a pic of the earrings, I really love them!

ooh, I really like your earrings! Great score!!!!

amjac2wm said:

Wow would Love to find a herve leger for that price! Nice earings!!!!

Aluxe said:
The cheapest was about $449, the most expensive was $699. A great deal if you really like Nancy Gonzalez. Sorry no spy pics, I wasn't sure if that would be kosher - even though I had hoped to record (film) the place.

There was a Gold Brighton Shoulder Bag by MJ for about $1000 me thinks.

Here is an online pic of one of the Gonzalez bags I saw:
http://www.railso.com/sale/women/bags/clutches/nancy-gonzales-mustard-crocodile-leather-clutch-bag
This bag was something between taupe and green in color.

The other was a hobo with a zip in the front. Can't remember what the other bag looked like. Oh there was a Valentino croc clutch. It was cute but over a thousand. WIll do a quick search to see if I can find a pic.

Thanks for the updates!!!

I've been meaning to pop in there - it's right near my brother.

Is it worth it? Any recent finds?
I went to the saks today, they had nothing, they say its going to be like that for a while, they have had a few big layoffs in the building. The shipping department is no longer there. I talk to some regular people who go all the time, they said it has been like this. Other than the Texas and Arizona, there has to be more of these places around. When u look at ebay Florida, New York, Virginia, Missori. All seem to have this same merchandise for sale, the shoes with the holes in the bottom and the black dot on the merchandise. I have to find them..

I went to the saks today, they had nothing, they say its going to be like that for a while, they have had a few big layoffs in the building. The shipping department is no longer there. I talk to some regular people who go all the time, they said it has been like this. Other than the Texas and Arizona, there has to be more of these places around. When u look at ebay Florida, New York, Virginia, Missori. All seem to have this same merchandise for sale, the shoes with the holes in the bottom and the black dot on the merchandise. I have to find them..

Let us know if you do! I'm going to try to pop in to this store, I hope I'm not disapointed:sad: I always get lucky when I go to Phoenix!!