Saint Laurent Lou Lou Lovers

I purchased my first LouLou, medium sized - I ordered it online from FarFetch and when it arrived it was smaller than I was expecting. Upon measuring it I discovered it was only 30cm wide, whereas on the Saint Laurent website it says that the medium sized LouLou is 32cm wide. I started looking across different retailers and noticed that the exact size of the medium LouLou appears to vary depending on the colour/material, is this normal? I’m a little bit concerned I may not have an authentic bag…

Hi! Can anyone help me? I’m torn between the toy and the small. But I would like to carry a long wallet and a kindle paperwhite (6.8). Would these fit in the toy? If not, I might just get the small or a sunset bag. Any advice would help

Hi! Can anyone help me? I’m torn between the toy and the small. But I would like to carry a long wallet and a kindle paperwhite (6.8). Would these fit in the toy? If not, I might just get the small or a sunset bag. Any advice would help
Long wallet for sure won't fit in a toy loulou. Not sure about the kindle as I dont have one and misplaced my meassuring tape.

I never previously tried a long wallet in my small loulou but I did just now and my long wallet surprisingly fits inside my small loulou. A long wallet takes the bulk of the room in the front compartment though and you would pretty much have to put things on top to get more use out of that compartment.

Reactions: mrnne22
Long wallet for sure won't fit in a toy loulou. Not sure about the kindle as I dont have one and misplaced my meassuring tape.

I never previously tried a long wallet in my small loulou but I did just now and my long wallet surprisingly fits inside my small loulou. A long wallet takes the bulk of the room in the front compartment though and you would pretty much have to put things on top to get more use out of that compartment.
I have the toy loulou and neither of these would fit in it. I would recommend the small size.

Reactions: mrnne22
I have a small loulou and it fits my kindle fire HD 8 tablet so it should fit your kindle paper white. It should also fit a long wallet with the paperwhite, one in each compartment.

But since there's a middle divider which takes up space, it's actually less spacious than you would expect. So having both the long wallet and paperwhite in the bag will limit the space remaining which is why I prefer to carry a cardholder and put cash in the zippered middle divider.

Reactions: foxgal and mrnne22

Thanks for taking the time to reply small seems to be more practical but the toy is also a nice size based on pics

Reactions: cathavenicethings
I have a small loulou and it fits my kindle fire HD 8 tablet so it should fit your kindle paper white. It should also fit a long wallet with the paperwhite, one in each compartment.

But since there's a middle divider which takes up space, it's actually less spacious than you would expect. So having both the long wallet and paperwhite in the bag will limit the space remaining which is why I prefer to carry a cardholder and put cash in the zippered middle divider.
Ohhh I see, thank you for taking the time to reply and for checking with your tablet :smile: I think I’ll go for the small loulou if ever. Seems to be more usable in the long run.

Do you get a lot of use from your small Loulou?

Reactions: lilswtangel
Thanks for taking the time to reply! Is the toy still a bag you would recommend? :smile: or should I try the sunset instead? :smile:
I love it for its versatility and I have different strap options. It looks really cool with black hardware. I think the sunset bag is stunning though. The sunset vibe reminds me of how I feel about my envelope bag. If I could only have 1 YSL bag - I’d probably say sunset just because it’s so classic and it has their gorgeous coated grain leather and chain strap. I know that’s not too helpful. What are you looking for between them? What purpose would this bag serve in your collection? I’ll post a pic of my toy Loulou with the chain strap next :smile:

I love it for its versatility and I have different strap options. It looks really cool with black hardware. I think the sunset bag is stunning though. The sunset vibe reminds me of how I feel about my envelope bag. If I could only have 1 YSL bag - I’d probably say sunset just because it’s so classic and it has their gorgeous coated grain leather and chain strap. I know that’s not too helpful. What are you looking for between them? What purpose would this bag serve in your collection? I’ll post a pic of my toy Loulou with the chain strap next :smile:
The toy Loulou is so easy and light for everyday.

IMG_9703.jpeg

Your bag is stunning so chic and classy!!!

I really want a nice and versatile everyday bag.

I started looking into Saint Laurent since I don’t have one in my collection yet and have narrowed it down to the Loulou and Sunset, in a beige/taupe neutral color.

Initially I wanted the toy because of the allure of changing out straps!! Hahaha but I think it might be more practical to go for the small.

The sunset is also another option and you’re right, the coated grain leather is a plus (and might be more scratch proof in the long run) but it might be too heavy? I’m torn hahaha

Last edited:
Your bag is stunning so chic and classy!!! Us bag lovers really speak the same language

I really want a nice and versatile everyday bag.

I started looking into Saint Laurent since I don’t have one in my collection yet and have narrowed it down to the Loulou and Sunset, in a beige/taupe neutral color.

Initially I wanted the toy because of the allure of changing out straps!! Hahaha but I think it might be more practical to go for the small.

The sunset is also another option and you’re right, the coated grain leather is a plus (and might be more scratch proof in the long run) but it might be too heavy? I’m torn hahaha
Oh thank you! Hmmm so I think the small loulou will make you very happy. It was out of my price range but in hindsight I probably should’ve got the small size. I got my toy preloved in perfect condition for USD 1200 which I think was really good because the black hardware resells for a lot higher than that - maybe closer to 1500/1600. The small size tends to easily list above 2k. The sunset is really pretty but I’d recommend posting in their clubhouse to see how people style it casually to see if it will make you happy as an everyday bag. This is my envelope and it has a similar vibe as sunset but I have the small size so it only fits essentials. I can definitely dress it down but I certainly can dress it up way more than my toy loulou.

IMG_9704.jpeg

Ohhh I see, thank you for taking the time to reply and for checking with your tablet :smile: I think I’ll go for the small loulou if ever. Seems to be more usable in the long run.

Do you get a lot of use from your small Loulou?
My small Loulou in dark beige is my favourite YSL bag. The only bag I love more is my small Loewe Puzzle bag in tan due to the unique design and capacity.

I own the medium top handle Sunset bag in black/gold hardware with removable strap. An absolute classic; while it fits more than the Loulou, it's much heavier even when it's empty.

Most people, myself included, prefer the look of the old version with the non-removable shoulder to crossbody strap (no top handle). However, this version can be quite heavy due to the metal chain strap and doesn't fit much due to the divided compartments and the structured fit.

The new top handle version is lighter and has one large compartment (and a smaller one for a phone) which allows you to fit more items.

The old version works very well as a day to evening bag whereas the top handle version is less formal and can be worn to work.

Reactions: J9Fell4Tiffanys